Famous People's Metalurgic Powers

Sirce Luckwielder

This was a reply I made to the Zinc Compounding thread started by PrometheusLKR.

If there is a Mistborn series with a 1940's era this might come into play big time. I was thinking recently about different influential people in history and what they would be in the Mistborn world. I came to the conclusion that Hitler would be a Zinc Compounder; incredibly smart and amazing with crowds. Becoming a savant in this fashion would also explain his eventual insanity. He becomes such an amazing thinker that he doesn't accept that he can possibly be wrong, even in the face of evidence. The Wax and Wayne Old West Mistborn novels seem to be incredibly attuned to Gilded Age America to me. There is a lot of industry with a poor working class and a fabulously rich upper class. If Brandon did write a 1940's Mistborn series, I would think he would include world war into it, rather than just technology from the era. If there was a Hitler-like dictator to spark the war, I can see him using Zinc Compounding to accomplish it.

The question I have is: what powers do you think famous people would have, those living and dead?

Rasputin is probably a gold ferring, though likely not a compounder.  maybe a zinc or brass misting in addition.

I think you give hitler's intelligence too much credit though.  I could believe him as a rioter, but not a zinc compounder.

Rasputin is probably a gold ferring, though likely not a compounder.  maybe a zinc or brass misting in addition.

I think you give hitler's intelligence too much credit though.  I could believe him as a rioter, but not a zinc compounder.

Hitler was a pretty intelligent guy, and you're right that Zinc Compounding would perhaps be too much form him, but that is in our world. If we were to place a Hitler-esque character on Skadrial, I think he would be double Zinc. It makes him a better villian, but also helps describe his insanity. Miles was pretty crazy and fanatical having basic immortality. Double Zinc would probably have a similar effect if he is so brilliant that he doesn't think he can be outwitted.

• Chaos locked this topic