the almighty

taveren

is it possible that the almighty is both honor and cultivation. i just thought of it when i read the double eye of the almighty. its 2 circles touching inside the eye. also looks a bit like the map of roshar sideways.

also as i wright this i thought 2 like having 2 surges combining in to one order like the 2 shards being seen as one almighty

i wonder if 2 is one of the important numbers to roshar

I really thought they were the same. That's why I was so confused that Odium was afraid of Sazed when Sazed would theoretically hold the same amount of power as the Almighty. If Odium was afraid of Sazed, why wouldn't he be afraid of the Almighty? It never fit to me. Now, knowing Cultivation is separate from Honor, it makes sense.

Tanavast was the name of the original mortal who ended up taking on the Shard of Honor and traveling to Roshar with Cultivation (Whose name, i believe, we do not yet know).

Elithanathile is one of the ten names he is known by in Vorinism. It's associated with the Surge of Transformation. I personally speculate that the ten names correlate to the ten Surges.

It was my understanding that although "The Almighty" is typically applied to Honor/Tanavast, that aspects of Cultivation and perhaps even Odium are ascribed under the same moniker.  It is also my understanding that the term is principally rooted in Vorinism and that non-Vorin peoples and religions do not embrace this term.

• Chaos locked this topic