Duralanium combos

Vortaan

So anyone have any idea what theses duralanium combos do?

Duralumin +Copper

Duralumin + Electum

Duralumin + Malatium

Duralumin + Nicrosil

Duralumin + Bendalloy/Cadmium

EDIT: I mean allomantically for all of these, ie if a Mistborn would burn them

Edited by Vortaan

So Duralumin...does squat Allomantically. And I'm assuming that you are using the convention of listing the Allomantic trait first, and the Feruchemical trait second.

Duralumin Gnat/Copper Archivist - So...as I said earlier, duralumin is useless unless you're a Mistborn or Allomantically endowed with Hemalurgy. Duralumin needs another metal to be burned to have any significant effect other than alerting Seekers that you are a Misting, causing the Mists to react to you, or perhaps eliminate someone else's duralumin supply. The question of what it does with a copper Archivist. An Archivist is able to feign photographic memory, and reversely and wipe their memory clean in moment. In terms of combat there is no potential here, other than to serve as a nice distraction. But in terms of making a distraction, alerting a person that you are a Misting can be quite alarming, and people who over think scenarios might think that you could be a Mistborn, or assume that you are a dangerous Misting if there is no Seeker around to identify you. The Archivist allows you to also be a powerful intelligence agent, the ultimate memory tool for spy work. Together you have a spy that can attempt to bluff their situation by saying that you are a Misting, and either draw attention to yourself, or perhaps use your status as a Misting to deter people from pursuing you (learn a few illusionist tricks, perhaps from your Archivist knowledge, and make some jaws drop in disbelief).

Duralumin Gnat/Electrum Pinnacle - Again the same duralumin traits. Instead of the ultimate memory, you have rock solid determination, and the ability to send yourself into depression at will. You can pretend to be a mental patient of the bipolar variety. You can also serve as a massive distraction, your determination allowing you to add another depth of confidence to that bluff (perhaps the most convincing that you are an insane Misting that might very well rip their head off if they don't leave you alone).

Duralumin Gnat/Malatium ... well there is no know Feruchemical uses for Malatium.

Duralumin Gnat/Nicrosil Soubearer - Well then this one is interesting. A Soulbearer Ferring has the ability to store Investiture. This requires that the user have other metalminds...wait that sounds familiar. Duralumin requires other metals...Nicrosil requires other metalminds...hmm. However...there is something that is mentioned in the Mistborn Adveture Game. If the player with a nicrosil metalmind is exposed to a source of great power or is subject to an increase in power from Duralumin or Nicrosil Allomancy, that player may choose to store that power in their nicrosil metalmind rather than letting the power go through their body (I'm paraphrasing). So in theory when a Duralumin Gnat burns his 'useless' Duralumin he is subject to a massive flow of power of well...Duralumin which has no physical world application. However a nicrosil metalmind is able to capture that surge of power before it can enter the body, and store it as raw Feruchemical potential. If TLR had a nicrosil metalmind, he could instantly recharge it by burning Duralumin, which he knows about, and thus use that to help fuel his atium metalmind. Hopes that he is interpreting the Adventure Game correctly

Duralumin Gnat/Bendalloy Subsumer/Cadmium Gasper - Okay I'm not sure how to interpret this one, do you mean that the Duralumin Gnat has access to both Subsumer and Gasper abilities simultaneously? Or did you get tired of giving each their own line? I'll wait for you to respond till I answer this one, I'm getting sleepy.

Edited by Lanscaper

So anyone have any idea what theses duralanium combos do?

Duralumin +Copper

Duralumin + Electum

Duralumin + Malatium

Duralumin + Nicrosil

Or did you mean allomantically? As in a mistborn burns both metals?

Duralumin +Copper: I'd guess you get a big wide cloud that lingers a bit after your metal runs out. It might be possible to shake others free of emotional allomancy with it, even if it's temporary.

Duralumin + Electum: Similar to Elend burning Atium and Duralumin, you'd get visions of your own future.

Duralumin + Malatium: Depends on what happens when you burn duralumin and gold. Maybe you get vivid visions regarding someone's past?

Duralumin + Nicrosil: Nicrosil already burns away instantly (at least to my knowlege) much like duralumin. So the only thing is you'd get duralumin fueled bursts of your other metals at the same time you burst someone else's metals.

Duralumin + Bendalloy/Cadmium: for bendalloy, I see a bigger bubble that takes a bit longer to collapse. For Cadmium it'd feel like teleporting to the future.

Duralumin + Copper would probably increase the copper twofold. Both in strength (Difficulty in piercing coppercloud) and range (Area covered), possibly extending the protection from emotional allomancy too but I doubt that one as it's more a matter of skill than strength from what I can gather.

Duralumin + Electrum would be as Duralumin and Atium, showing you the results of your own actions (Although I'm not sure if Electrum enhances your mental capacity as Atium does so it's possible you would just have a stroke or something :P)

Duralumin + Malatium, My guess is that it would show you all possible versions of a person from any decisions they have made.

Duralumin + Nicrosil would burn all the Nicrosil instantly which could either multiply the effect of Nicrosil on other metals (As in this would be to ordinary Nicrosil as Nicrosil is to ordinary burning) or possibly increase the area of effect of the Nicrosil (A Nicrocloud?)

Duralumin + Bendalloy/Cadmium My guess here is that it would increase both the size of the bubble and the distortion of time although it could be one or the other, we don't quite have enough information on this.

EDIT: Actually on reflection I'm not sure that strength would affect the range of a metal as otherwise all of Luthadel would be affected by TLRs soothing, I can't think of an example where anyone demonstrates superior allomantic range, so my guess would be that copper would just be harder to pierce, Nicrosil would just increase others metals even moreso and the temporal metals would just distort time even more

Edited by Voidus

I did mean allomantically, sorry for the confusion. I like the idea of a super strong copper cloud. The time metals are interesting because you'd burn them all up in a second or so... so to use Bendalloy, would you compress a five minute worth bubble into one second of real time? That could be crazy. Cadmium would be kind of the reverse, you would burn the whole slow time, but experience it as a second. You'd be even more helpless, but it might might things like the Miles trap way easier to pull off.

Yeah I think that bendalloy with Duralumin/Nicrosil wouldn't be particularly helpful except possibly in the future as it is speculated to be part of the mechanism for FTL travel, depending on how the deflection of objects changes it may be more effective as a shield against bullets but I honestly have no idea about how that would change :P

Oh, and by the way, Duralumin does not burn instantly, and I think nicrosil does not either (they do in RPG, but that is for game balance purposes). I.E. duralumin is left over, burning, after other metals are gone.

So:

Duralumin +Copper: probably superstrong coppercloud, for all of 1-2 seconds of duralumin effect.

Maybe strong enough to negate emotional effects on other people.

Duralumin + Electrum: don't do that if you value your sanity... But yeah, your future, maybe up to a few years' worth, or even more (probably depends on the amount of ingested electrum)

Duralumin + Malatium: Hm. Not sure. Maybe multiple alternate pasts/futures? (Malatium, like gold, seems to show what you/other people could have become in case you took other paths in life)

Duralumin + Nicrosil : Nicrosil burnoff if you are not touching allomancer burning metals. Probably, as stated above, making the allomancer much stronger. Maybe the nicroburst could be made strong enough to ignite the metals allomancer was not burning at the moment? Unlikely, but a possibility.

Duralumin + Bendalloy : the funny thing is, you have to be burning bendalloy inside the bubble to maintain the bubble. So, from the outside POV it burns much faster than from the Allomancer's POV. So, with Duralumin, it is rendered next to useless, since it will probably give you (the burner) about 2 seconds of a bubble with maybe 1000-2000 time compression, corresponding to 0.001 second on the outside... Maybe useful for the rush, i.e. when you already move at a speed, making such a bubble would allow you to traverse the bubble length essentially instantly.

Cadmium: Opposite of bendalloy, it'd give you 1-2 seconds (or how long it takes for duralumin to burn through your metal. It is not instant - see the books. Vin has time to use it, so I estimate 1-2 seconds or so.) that would translate to maybe a day outside. Useful for the same tactics as AoL... I guess

[EDIT] I don't know how range even works. Maybe it follows gaussian distribution, rather than sharp cutoff (for abilities like emotional allomancy). If so, perceived range would increase as logarithm of the power, i.e. may increase range by, say, 1 meter for each doubling of the power.

Edited by Satsuoni

Actually I'm curious now as to what Duralumin or Nicrosil would do to Aluminum or Chromium, I can't really imagine how you could alter the strength of those, I'm particularly interested in Aluminum as I feel sorry for all the poor Aluminum gnats.

Duralanium and chromium... could you make it so that someone can't replenish their metals for a bit? If so, a nicrosil-chromium team would be potent anti-Allomancer defense.

Possibly but that kind of goes against the concept of Duralumin and Nicrosil a bit :P but really other than that I can't think about what would be different other than maybe chaining to multiple people? so if you touch someone who is touching someone who is touching someone then all of them would lose their metals but a situation that requires that is going to be so rare that it's pretty useless, anyone else got any ideas?

Duralumin +Copper

counter Duralumin+Bronze

Duralumin + Electum

show you farther into the future

Duralumin + Malatium

show you more of the persons choises, flood your mind for a split second and leave you scared and disoriented

Duralumin + Nicrosil

redundant

make you age and depending on how much Bendalloy you had, drive yo slightly mad with solitude

slash

send you in to the near future without you noticing the time passing, a temporal jump forword

Edited by HighprinceTruserOfHouseAan

• Chaos locked this topic