Duralumin+Lerasium

merich1

So we know that burning atium enhances the mind and allows you to see the future, and a duralumin-fueled atium burst allows you to basically see everything and understand it.

Burning lerasium makes someone a Mistborn. (?) What if a duralumin Misting, or a Mistborn, burned duralumin and lerasium at the same time? What would happen?

Slightly relevant follow-up question: since there are atium Mistings, it follows that there should be lerasium Mistings, too. What would a lerasium Misting do?

We know that lerasium has an allomantic effect, and turning you into a mistborn is "only" a side effect. But we have no idea what that effect  is. So, if we knew that, we could answer both your questions.

As for the side effect of becoming mistborn, I'd guess that you'd still become a mistborn just the same, because the amount of investiture you consume is the same. just a guess, though.

We know that lerasium has an allomantic effect, and turning you into a mistborn is "only" a side effect. But we have no idea what that effect  is. So, if we knew that, we could answer both your questions.

As for the side effect of becoming mistborn, I'd guess that you'd still become a mistborn just the same, because the amount of investiture you consume is the same. just a guess, though.

This sounds pretty reasonable to me. Duralumin doesn´t create any additonal power, it just concentrates what is already there in one burst and given how fast Lerasium works in the first place and uses up the entire bead in the process, my guess is that it wouldn´t make much of a difference.

Edgedancer is correct, I think, in saying that duralumin doesn't create additional power. So I don't see how burning duralumin and lerasium would make you anything other than a lerasium Mistborn (i.e. someone with the same level of power as Elend Venture, as well as the original Mistborn created by Rashek).

I think, technically, any person who could burn Lerasium can be considered a Lerasium Misting (so... all Scadrians?). There's such a thing as becoming a Lerasium Savant, though: It's called holding the power of Preservation.

The reason why atium has a "special" effect when burned with duralumin is that atium, like the majority of Allomantic metals, doesn't normally burn all at once in an instant. The normal use of Atium Allomancy only consumes a bit of atium at a time, showing a bit of insight into the future at a time. Intuitively, the "burn everything in an instant" effect of duralumin makes Atium Allomancy grant a much bigger insight into the future.

As an aside, I've been working on a Big Theory about god metals for several days now, so it's cool that people are already starting to talk about god metals again. You'll find out soon why I really, really like the topic of this thread. :P

Edited by skaa

That would imply all full Ferrochemists could compound Lerasium.

Well, we don't even know what lerasium's Feruchemical attribute is, but sure, I'd say Feruchemists should be able to Compound whatever that attribute may be. Now, if its Feruchemical attribute is "connection to Preservation", then Compounding that would probably lead to... becoming Mistborn. Edited by skaa

• Chaos locked this topic