Honorary Smedries

I'm not certain if this topic would go here or in the Alcatraz sub-forum. I will understand if it has to be moved.

Basically, what characters from other titles, be they books, TV, movies, video games, whatever, have abilities or quirks that behave like Smedry Talents? Perhaps these character even have traits that are similar or identical to character Talents we're familiar with. I've noticed a few, and maybe a few of your have as well.

Colette Brunel from the game Tales of Symphonia is the best example I can think of. She has unusually lucky clumsiness: she will trip and fall over when startled or even for no apparent reason. Sometimes this causes property damage, but most of the time it has some good benefit: She may discover a needed clue or item, trip into a hidden passageway or fake wall, or even trip unintentionally to dodge or knock someone else out of the path of an enemy attack. Heck, one time she did damage a wall, she created a Colette-shaped hole and it became something of a holy site/tourist attraction in the town (she is a Chosen, a religious figure in that world). Other character have noticed her lucky trips, but it embarrasses Colette, and points out that she doesn't do it on purpose. Obviously, her "talent" is identical to that of Sing's.

Two characters with similar "talents" to each other are Beaux from the video game Atelier Annie and Ryoga Hibiki from the anime Ranma 1/2. Both have horrendous senses of direction and could get lost in a closet. While Beaux running gag is to get lost in the neighborhood, then to nearly starve to death when he does find someplace or someone familiar, he did apparently appear on the island the game takes place on all of a sudden. He does even remember crossing the ocean from the mainland. It's a bit of a stretch, but it sounds like Kaz's Talent. As for Ryoga, despite his penchant for not going where he wants to go, he always seems to stumble onto an important event or at least whatever is going on in that particular episode. Not so much lucky transportation than lucky significant event-finding.

• Chaos locked this topic