THE kingdoms of Vorin will be united

.S.A.M.K.M

There are likly four oath gates in this region. THe king of the blood letters had most of those incharge removed. The religion of the vorin venerate the warriors of the land. If dalinar can move his army quicklu through the gates, he could strike in the confusion and assume control. THat would increase the number of shard wielders, if they give a deal to them. vorin renerates the light eyes, so an army of them restoring order would actually not be that opposed.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here. Could you elaborate? Why do you think there are four oathgates? I'm just very confused and want to understand what you are getting at.

I wouldn't pretend to be able to understand the OP, but I think I got the idea behind it.

He seems to believe that there were ten Oathgates in the Silver-Kingdom-Age. Ten Kingdoms, every one of which would have an Oathgate to access Urithiru.

Now, if you suppose that the Oathgates still exist, and are still functional, there would be one in Alethkar, one would be in Jah Keved. One would be where Natanatan was. And the fourth somewhere in another Vorin kingdom.

Taravangian has spread chaos everywhere.

The idea of the OP would be that Dalinar, as Highprince of War, would discover the Oathgates and use them to Travel with his army to conquer the other Vorin kingdoms, to unite them and prepare them for the Last Desolation.

Which would probably be Taravangian's goal as well. The idea in itself is probably not that bad, pure speculation of course but presented in a VERY bad way.

If that's the point he's trying to get across, then I find it very unlikely. Dalinar already wants to finish the War of Reckoning, he's not going to start a war with Jah Keved, Kharbranth, and whatever the other Vorin Kingdoms. Regardless of venerating lighteyes, Jah Keved won't just roll over anyway, even weakened as they are, the war won't be an easy thing. Kharbranth would be a tough nut to crack as well. Until Dalinar has his own country united, I don't see him even considering warring with the other nations.

Did Szeth kill only leaders from Vorin kingdoms? I'd say we don't know about that.

Dalinar will be occupied for some time at the SP. Once he'll have united the Highprinces, he'll either defeat the Parshendi or make Peace with them. The latter being the more likely solution IMO.

Even if you're probably right about Dalinar, Windrunner, I'd still think that Roshar has to be united for the Last Desolation and not only Alethkar, everything going back to some Silver-Kingdoms state. I mean, Alethela had been the kingdom where the art of war was preserved so that the others could live in peace, but during Desolations there were normal people as soldiers, not only Radiants (who lived in Alethela)

THe capital cities of Thaylen and Jah Keved are dawn cities so very likely to have oath gates. Due to the chaos of the assasination nations accross Roshar are in trouble. Vorin kingdoms believe in the might of bright eyes and warriors. Everyone will know dalinar is the enemy ofthe shin assasin. If they can send an army to the capital cities of thses kingdoms, then they are sure to aceept them for the order they give. If the capital cities are taken, likely the rest of the kingdom would follow.

If they hear of the soulcasters and radiant knights, the vorin people would be especially welcoming.

Just a few points based on my failing memories:

Kharbranth - Taravangian's kingdom - is listed as one of the Vorin kingdoms by Shallan when she is buying books to get accepted by Jasnah.

Szeth has killed a non-Vorin leader, perhaps the Selay Gerontarch. I think that may be what Kaladin witnessed in the highstorm vision/dream.

An interesting related question is: What/which/where were the ten silver kingdoms and which of them were the five Vorin kingdoms.

Vorin: Alethela, Jah Keved, Natanatan, Kharbranth, ? (Maybe the place where the Dawnsingers/Parshendi were, possibly north of Dawn's Shadow)

Non-Vorin: An Emuli confederacy based near Sesemalex Dar, The Thaylens, the Herdazians, The Selays north of the Emuli, Something around Iri, Rira, Reshi.

I discount the possibility of Shinovar being one of the silver kingdoms because: without stormlight voidbringers wouldn't have been as much of a problem, the stone shamans seem to deny the existence of void bringers and they may not even be a kingdom.

The Silver Kingdoms are on the map on the front endsheets. (That sounds funny :D) They are Alethela, Iri, Rishir, Sela Tales, Valhav, Natanatan, Thalath, Shin Kak Nish (that might be one word) Makabakam, and Aimia

Thanks! I hadn't seen that before (not in paperback). Interesting that although only five are Vorin, all have symmetric names. The intersection of Makabakam, Sela Tales and Valhav looks like an interesting spot to place an inaccessible city. Kharbranth is Vorin, presumably the capital of Thalath, but the Thaylen are described as pagan. Presumably Makabakam is the fifth Vorin kingdom.

Makabakam has a good case for it too. iirc, sigzil, after kaladin asks, tells the bridgecrew about sesemalex dar and emul(sp?), which falls inside old Makabakam's borders. the people there worship jezerezeh as the only god, and say that the vorin who worship all the heralds are the splinter sect. seems to indicate that their religion is some form of vorinism.

• Chaos locked this topic