Know Shards Combined

RawToast225

If you could pair up any two shards together, what would be the outcome? For example, Ruin and Odium would be the single most destructive force all of the universes have ever seen. It would probably be called Destruction, too.

Shard List:

Ruin

Preservation

Endowment

Devotion

Dominion

Honor

Odium

Cultivation

Edited by Arthur Dent

I imagine if you combined Honor and Odium you might get something along the lines of Revenge.

And I imagine you could alter Preservation in a way that instead it becomes Survival. A dash of Ruin, perhaps, rather than mixing in the entire shard?

Now it sounds like I'm coming up with shard recipes...

Edit: I just realized I stole Moogle's idea when it comes to combining Honor and Odium. It wasn't on purpose I promise.

Edited by sanderfan

Preservation + Endowment = Provision, perhaps? 

I'm thinking Cultivation + Ruin is more along the lines of Refinement. Get rid of the bad, pruning the tree, etc. Maybe something in relation to the "Harvest". 

Honor + Devotion = Loyalty? 

I like Honor + Odium = Revenge/Vengeance! 

I wonder what happens if you throw the Shard that just wants to survive into the mix? Like, If you combined that with Ruin would it destory everything in order to protect itself? Maybe go after the other Shards like Odium but driven by fear instead of hate.

Or if you combined it with preservation it would try even harder to preserve itself then it already is at the cost of everything else. Like a more selfish Preservation.

Darwinism is about natural selection and passing on traits to the next generation to help survive and reproduce. To me, the passing of traits to the next generation seems like Cultivation and the favorable traits being those that help to survive seems like Preservation. Since Harmony is Ruin and Preservation, that could work since I guess there would be killing involved in surviving. Of course there is no right answer. This is merely my opinion.

Edited by Incheoul