Do we KNOW there's a Shard on the Silence Divine world?

ROSHtafARian

Reading through every bit of info I can find on the Silence Divine world, I couldn't actually find confirmation or a place where Brandon specifically said it was a SHARD on the Silence Divine world. This might be a shot in the dark theory, but while a lot of people have taken notice of the close proximity of the Silence Divine world to Roshar....everyone seems to be assuming that if there's a connection, it involves a Shard or people coming FROM the SD world to Roshar.

But what if its the other way around?

Given what we know of the SD magic system, a lot of people have speculated that it might be powered by something like Sacrifice or something similar. Sacrifice sounds pretty honorable to me, and Brandon's said that some worlds only have a Splinter or Sliver of a Shard on them. What if the Shard powering the SD magic system is actually a Splinter of Honor that went to the SD world after Honor shattered?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, interesting. I believe you are right, that Brandon has never come out and said if there's actually a Shard on that world.

However, with the "ten core Shardworlds" thing, even including the Silence Divine planet, we don't hit ten planets. So it seems to me that there would be some serious Shardic influence. I'm betting on a single Shard, personally. Like Warbreaker.

That said, it is entirely possible that since its planet is in the same solar system as Roshar, that the Shardic influence is from a Roshar Shard we've already seen.

"Three of sixteen reigned, but now the Broken One reigns."

It's been said that Odium isn't originally from Roshar, right? If so, there's a chance that he isn't part of the "Three who reigned". Instead, (unless Brandon has said otherwise) could a Shardholder of Roshar have fled from Roshar to escape Odium and ended up in the Silence Divine world?

(When this theory inevitably fails, chock it up to me not reading about the verse as much as I should have.)

• Chaos locked this topic