Random Stuff

mail-mi

Oh, Salt Lake Library beats all.

Though I don't actually live in SLC, it certainly has one of my favorite libraries ever.

Jan_14_06_interior_Salt_Lake_City_librar

no come to mine

There's free wifi and a full service snack bar.

I know this is old news but I am so jealous of you I'm gonna die. Not cry, die.

You see, our little town has about 10,000 residents, most of whom do not speak, let alone read, in English. Our library is half the size of my house. And it's one story.

I'm going to be drooling over that picture of the Salt Lake library for the next three hours. Thanks, Slowswift.

Heh, my town has 2,000 people in it. :mellow: Certainly not the smallest, but it's up there.

On the topic of randomness, have any of you read Red Rising by Pierce Brown? It's brilliant. I've got about a hundred pages left, and if it keeps going the way it is now I think it will tie with Ready Player One for my favorite Sci-Fi. Highly suggested for any Sci-Fi fans out there.

Edit: It's now 2:30 a.m. and I just finished Red Rising. That book was incredible. People, please read it. Please.

Edited by The Crooked Warden

I know this is old news but I am so jealous of you I'm gonna die. Not cry, die.

You see, our little town has about 10,000 residents, most of whom do not speak, let alone read, in English. Our library is half the size of my house. And it's one story.

I'm going to be drooling over that picture of the Salt Lake library for the next three hours. Thanks, Slowswift.

If you have a tablet and the kindle app, you can register for a library card at like.. the New York library or something and get kindle books via overdrive for free. I've rented e-books from my public library that way before. Most offer it now, if your library selection is skimpy.

giphy.gif

Guys

Help

I looked at this image and grew abundant chest hair, became seven feet tall, and am now holding a machine gun while wearing red white and blue underwear

I think something's gone terribly wrong this 4th of July

Perhaps Matti the Pug could help? 

11703129_976935555697837_358771875749106

...Actually, she kind of does.

I shall now celebrate Independence Day with a clip from Teen Titans. For context, the villain of the episode is a British inventor who tries to brainwash and take over America, turning the sky into a giant Union Jack and forcing everyone to speak in an English accent.

Okay, it sounds kind of silly when I phrase it like that, but--okay, the series was kind of silly at times. :P

..........Care to explain why Robin is super old?  

Because Mad Mod is actually an old man, who used the cane he invented to sap away Robin's life force at the beginning of the episode.

Honestly, I didn't even think about how much weirder that makes the episode until now. :P

did you mean the illegal fireworks being set off in the alley

Well, more like the legal fireworks creating a 360 fire show whilst I lie down on the grass of my backyard...

...but celebration is celebration, I guess.