What are you reading right now?

Chaos

Fairly self-explanatory. What are you reading now?

At the moment, I'm not reading any fiction. Instead, it's my advanced calculus book, A Friendly Introduction to Analysis. The book is well-written, but putting "friendly" in the title isn't fooling anyone, Dr. Kosmala.

Right now, I'm trying out Gardens of the Moon, which is the first book of the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

It's... interesting so far, but not much has happened yet. I'm hoping things pick up a bit.

Well thats ironic, I am rereading Gardens of the Moon.

Also, reading a book called His Majesty's Dragon, by Naomi Novik.

I'm currently reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore.  It's an interesting book.  I read the pseudo prequel companion book, Fire, on a recommendation from my aunt and thoroughly enjoyed it so I thought I'd check this out.  I'm only a couple of chapters in and so far I'm intrigued.  The scope isn't very large, but it's looking to be on par with the other which is good.

Then I'm lined up to read The Memory of Earth by Orson Scott Card.  My friend recommended it to me and I thought I'd check it out.

I have a strange relationship with book recommendations, since I first read Sanderson on a recommendation, but that's also why I read Twilight.  So many conflicting feelings.

Reading Aether of Night and Elantris right now.  I hope I don't have to say who wrote them. Then I have I am not a serial killer by Dan Wells next in the queue. Hopefully that will take me all the way to Towers of Midnight!

Lucky, awesome, and I loved IANASK!
Also, reading a book called His Majesty's Dragon, by Naomi Novik.

I read that one, I liked it a lot.

Aether of Night, White Sand, Re-read of Way of Kings, Re-read of Gathering Storm, and The Darkness that Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker. All at once. It hasn't gotten too confusing yet.... Curse me for starting so many interesting books......Servant of a Dark God

Granted it probably helps that Way of Kings is currently for information purposes, so I'm not as heavily invested, and I know the Wheel of Time so well by now that I don't really have to think much to keep track of things.

Aether, White Sand, and Darkness are all being quite good so far. In my extremely limited free time, I'm having difficulty deciding what to read.....

Boneshaker, by Cherie Priest. It's not bad. Not great, but not bad. Steampunk and zombies - what more could you want? I suppose a more interesting story to go with it, but it's entertaining enough.

Also reading The Dragonbone Chair, by Tad Williams, the first book of Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. About 70 pages in and wondering where the heck the story is going...

Boneshaker, by Cherie Priest. It's not bad. Not great, but not bad. Steampunk and zombies - what more could you want? I suppose a more interesting story to go with it, but it's entertaining enough.

Also reading The Dragonbone Chair, by Tad Williams, the first book of Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. About 70 pages in and wondering where the heck the story is going...

I read it and didn't enjoy it at all. It made me give up on Tad williams.

• Mestiv locked this topic