Greetings all :-)

KalynaAnne

A friend pointed me to the Stormlight Archive a little over a month ago when the WoK free e-book promotion was going on on Amazon with a comment along the lines of "It's free. You have no excuse.  Go read."  I finished it quickly and promptly got WoR.  I've since also read Warbreaker, Elantris, and The Final Empire and am currently reading The Well of Ascension. Brandon Sanderson's brilliant writing has well and truly sucked me in.   I've been poking around the relevant tags on Tumblr and today I posted a crazy idea I had.  Someone on Tumblr informed me that what I thought was completely crazy theorizing actually sounded like an interesting theory and suggested I should come post it here.  Crazy theories don't seem like they belong in an intro thread, but I figured I should come say hi before I go find the right place to post it. 

Also, Pattern is the absolute best.  I wish I could have a sentient fractal as a friend :-)

Finishing the rest of the Mistborn Trilogy is my number one reading priority (because I'm and the middle of it and AHHHHH!) The library system here appears to have one copy of The Emperor's Soul  (oddly enough, as an audiobook), which is currently checked out.  I've put in a request for it, but there's no telling when I will actually get it. I am working on it though. 

Oh Syl is fantastic, but Pattern.... Pattern is a fractal, which is going to win me over every time, but Pattern can also pick locks and read things written in forgotten languages because, I mean, both of those things are just patterns, duh. If his education in humor continues down its current path (and given that he is Shallan's pal, it will), he is also going to become increasing sarcastic and snarky and brilliant. I also find Pattern's understanding of "truth" and how it affects his interactions with the world fascinating.

Welcome to 17th Shard!

And yes, most of what you think is crazy theorizing we find quite sane and tame actually. You want proof? Go look at the Hidden things in the Map of Roshar thread. Pages one through 37. It's crazy.

Also, have a cookie. Many people will tell you that cookies are ominous portents, but we in the Dark Alley make the best culinary delights you have ever tasted.

• 2 weeks later...

You probably won't get the cookie reference until The Hero of Ages.

Very minor spoiler for Hero of Ages:

The cookies contain Hemalurgical spikes. Hemalurgy is explained in Hero of Ages (maybe a little bit at the end of Well of Ascension - I can't remember), but it's a third magic system besides Alomancy and Ferochemy.

• 2 weeks later...