~sylphrena~

Hello! I'm ~sylphrena~, and I'm excited to join the 17th shard! :) 

I'd love to get to know some of you better, so here are a few questions...

Eye color? I'm darkeyed and proud of it :)

Favorite characters from SA/Mistborn/Elantris? Mine are Vin, Ellend, Syl, Pattern, Kaladin, Shallan, and Wax (to name a few)

Favorite Sanderson book that is not SA or Mistborn and why? (I'm trying to decide which to read next)

An interesting fact about Sel, Roshar, Scadrial or the cosmere in general...

Thanks!

Oh, and I hope we do track down Wit eventually. He's quite entertaining, IMO. :)

Welcome! We're excited to have you. :)

To answer your questions, from my point of view...

• I'm a fellow darkeyes. I'm always game for a good bout of lighteyes-mocking, too.
  • Hoid, Dalinar, Szeth, Hoid, Vin, Kelsier, Breeze, Ham, Wayne, Hoid, Galladon, Hrathen, Hoid...
  • Warbreaker. It's one of my absolute favorites of his novels, centering around some of my favorite characters from his books. Steelheart is also an awesome read, if you're interested in his young adult works.
  • The Cosmere is roughly the size of a dwarf galaxy. Source: something I read on the internet once. I'd have to track down a specific quote to back it up though.

Anyway, welcome again and have fun!

Welcome to the 17th

Have a cookie

One dark eye, one iron spike. It shines brightly when polished, so would that count as a light eye?

Hoid, Nightblood, Wayne, Szeth, Kelsier,  Lopen, Hrathen, Lift, Vasher, Rock, Ishikk, about in that order.

I agree with Kobold on this one, Warbreaker is the way to go. The Emperor's Soul is really good as well.

Interesting Fact: Rosharans are Cannibals:    http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/13137-rosharans-are-cannibals-sort-of/?hl=cannibals

Edited by Fatebreaker

Wow... I never knew Rosharans were cannibals or the size of the cosmere. :D Thanks for the cool facts.

Should I really take a cookie offered by an inquisitor?

And thanks for the recommendations... I'm glad to hear that Steelheart is good, and I can't wait to read Warbreaker so I can finally understand Nightblood and the Vasher/Zahel connection... :)

Welcome, glad to have you.

I am a lighteyes myself (blue)

One of my favourites is definitely warbreaker but I also really enjoyed Emperors Soul.

Favourite charachters: Kelsier, Vin, Hoid, Sarene, Dalinar kaladin, Jashna. (No particular order).

Interesting fact: Kelsier is still alive(spiritual realm) and he and Hoid don't like each other.

Kelsier is alive??

I know so little about the spiritual realm! Is it the same for all worlds in the cosmere? And do we know that all shards access it? (Sazed seemed to be able to talk to Vin and Elend.)

Does Kelsier only know Hoid as a beggar? Has anyone ever asked Sanderson about Kelsier's relationship with Hoid beyond what we see in Mistborn?

Thanks for the extra information... I was so devastated when Kelsier died, so it would be amazing to know that he still exists, somewhere. :) And I'm always trying to learn more about Hoid.  :ph34r:

Edited by ~sylphrena~

All this suspicion and mistrust over a simple cookie. 

I'll have you know that our(the DA) cookies are officially endorsed by both the Newcago Court and the Raven Throne. 

May Vun Makak take my left eye if there are spikes in this cookie. It came with a free upvote, how bad can it be?

All this suspicion and mistrust over a simple cookie. 

I'll have you know that our(the DA) cookies are officially endorsed by both the Newcago Court and the Raven Throne. 

May Vun Makak take my left eye if there are spikes in this cookie. It came with a free upvote, how bad can it be?

It occurs to me that Dark Alley and Dumbledore's Army have the same initials.

Edited by Delightful

I suppose I can't resist cookies from Dumbledore's Army... (let's hope that was what the initials stood for xD). And I wouldn't mind a hint of pewter, as long as I'm not impaled with it!

Thanks for the suggestion on Rithmatist - and FYI, for Jabberwocky, I also remember Sanderson saying that Kelseir and Hoid didn't like one another, I just can't remember where. It's probably in one of these question-answer archives...

All of these interesting facts are the best :D