Could Cultivation Shardholder have changed hands?

Could the phrase about the broken one be prophetic? They talk about the Everstorm to come,so what if one of them is talking about a broken somebody taking over? If that's true, everything we know about who comes out on top just got turned on its head.

Obviously talking about Renarin (Probably butchered that spelling...did I?)! Elkohar, Sadeas, and Dalinar used to rule, but now Renarin is!

Anyway, it's possible they're talking about Honor when they mean the broken one...wasn't it confirmed that Honor was splintered?

Anyway, it's possible they're talking about Honor when they mean the broken one...wasn't it confirmed that Honor was splintered?

I don't see Honor reigning. He's dead, spintered, and ignored. Nobody on Roshar is very honorable, the storm said quite nicely that Odium reigns. Three shards ruled, now the broken one reigns. Odium reigns. It simply makes me wonder how Odium is broken. Reference: Adonalsium is evil theory.

I don't see Honor reigning. He's dead, spintered, and ignored. Nobody on Roshar is very honorable, the storm said quite nicely that Odium reigns. Three shards ruled, now the broken one reigns. Odium reigns. It simply makes me wonder how Odium is broken. Reference: Adonalsium is evil theory.

I get your reasoning here, but I don't know if I can accept this until I know how Odium is broken, if he even is. For the most dangerous of shards, I don't think that he would be partially broken.

I think most people would agree that someone that is driven by hatred has something broken inside of them.

I guess that could work, but if each of these shards represent an emotion, perhaps one of Adonalsium's, then it wouldn't really be broken-it's working as intended. However, if somehow the shardholder managed to warp the shard's intent to match their own...

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that could work, but if each of these shards represent an emotion, perhaps one of Adonalsium's, then it wouldn't really be broken-it's working as intended. However, if somehow the shardholder managed to warp the shard's intent to match their own...

Odium pretty much stands out as representing an emotion. Honour and Cultivation certainly aren't emotions. I suppose Devotion could be an emotion at a stretch, but that's it, that know of so far. I'm not sure how that affects your theory, but. . . there it is. :3

Odium pretty much stands out as representing an emotion. Honour and Cultivation certainly aren't emotions. I suppose Devotion could be an emotion at a stretch, but that's it, that know of so far. I'm not sure how that affects your theory, but. . . there it is. :3

I asked this question in the Q&A. It was RAFO'd. It must be important, discussion, keep going!

Also, is it possible that Elkohar or that other guy who has Szeth's oathstone (the name of whom I can't spell) is the broken one? The RAFO didn't even answer if it was a shard or not >_>.

• 1 month later...

Everyone in-world who knows about the Shards and Odium has been saying Odium is coming. Implying he's not on Roshar yet. I know the storm face guy said Odium reigns, but if he's not yet on Roshar how could that be? It just seems too easy for Odium to be the only antagonist in all this. I'm thinking we're looking at multiple fronts of a continuing war. Odium might not be fighting on behalf of Roshar, but I'm not convinced he's the Broken One.

I agree with the earlier comment, Odium is doing what he's supposed to do, hate things. BS has been very careful about what certian adjectives mean, i.e. splintered, shattered, etc. "Broken" probably means something we haven't beenprivy to yet.

• Chaos locked this topic