Topaz's story

The story Topaz narrates about the three human races and how the first human race was perfect and was destroyed by the betrayer who knew their secrets. I think this perfect human race are the dragons and the third human race that aren't as perfect are normal humans. What do you think may have motivated the betrayer because during the narrative many perspectives think that the dragons don't exist or disappeared. Something must have happened to the dragons or they went into hiding. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thats what ive been thinking as well! along those lines anyway.

I saw a theory on reddit where someone was thinking that maybe Dragons were "cursed" to have or spend part of their life in human form.. but i was thinking the opposite. That Dragons are just like that. Naturally magical, immortal and having a human form. id also think, if anything, that Dragons as a race are probably older than humans as a race, so if anything, humans are based off of a Dragons "mortal" form

The Creation story and some other bits definitely suggest so imo

Maybe Adonalsium, for in all their perfectness, saw a flaw in them.. maybe he wanted to created non-divine beings so that they could eventually elevate to and fully appreciate divinity themselves? or even just mortality?

edit: the Iriali religion of The One is kinda popping into my head?

Edited by Eternal Khol

Definitely because the fight over Dragonsteel in the background of the main events of the story does feel like  Chekhov's gun because because even the name of the book is Dragonsteel. There is more to that than what we know.

The Iriali religion is very connected to the last era of Mistborn which is supposed to close off of the main arc of the Cosmere so definitely we have to pay more attention to all those Iriali nuggets we get