Adolin Kholin, Edgedancer

Hello all! I'm back!

I've just been rereading my copy of SA and just now I read where Adolin summoned Maya a few heartbeats early. Then in RoW she seemed to be a little bit more alive, and now this thought came to me: If Adolin were to revive Maya enough could he

A. Summon her instantly and maybe

B.  Become an Edgedancer

For context, Maya is a Cultivationspren, like Wyndle who is Lift's spren. The surge of Abrasion would fit him well, as he uses Windstance, a more flowing form. I don't know if Adolin has acted in a way that fits these ideals, but there could be something?

1 hour ago, Xiahida said:

I've just been rereading my copy of SA and just now I read where Adolin summoned Maya a few heartbeats early. Then in RoW she seemed to be a little bit more alive, and now this thought came to me: If Adolin were to revive Maya enough could he

A. Summon her instantly and maybe

B.  Become an Edgedancer

Please see these many Adolin Maya theory threads:

WoB:

Spoiler

Kaladin al'Thor

I noticed my last time reading Words of Radiance that there were several times-- vines that were on Adolin's shardblade as he summoned it. So I was wondering if maybe the Radiant who used it had was an Edgedancer?

Brandon Sanderson

You are right.

Kaladin al'Thor

You mentioned before that it would be possible to revive a dead shard[blade], but it would be very difficult--

Brandon Sanderson

Very difficult.

Kaladin al'Thor

Like I think what you said is that it would have to be the same person that broke the bond?

Brandon Sanderson

That would be the-- Yeah.

Kaladin al'Thor

So if it was an Edgedancer's blade if he made those same oaths could potentially he…

Brandon Sanderson

That would most likely not be enough. Something else would have to happen. Good guess though.

Firefight release party (Jan. 5, 2015)

Many have speculated that whatever might be happening there, it could be some new kind of reverse bond - Where in a Normal Nahel Bond, the spren is filling cracks in teh Radiant's Soul - but in RoW Adolin seems to be filling cracks in Maya's soul. . . 

10 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Many have speculated that whatever might be happening there, it could be some new kind of reverse bond - Where in a Normal Nahel Bond, the spren is filling cracks in teh Radiant's Soul - but in RoW Adolin seems to be filling cracks in Maya's soul. . . 

That makes sense, and I would love to see Adoin slipping and sliding while fighting a Fused