Dragonsteel park?

I haven’t seen anything recently about this in discussion so I’ll start:

Evermore Park just formally announced its closing, and Dragonsteel owns all the vacant properties surrounding it. The owner of the park property said that it will be redeveloped, keeping and enhancing the original buildings. 
(Timestamp 12:12)

I haven’t been keeping up with this project, but is it pretty well-understood that this will be the home of the ‘Dragonsteel Village’ (or whatever they end up calling it?) and that the existing park might be integrated into this plan?

Apologies if this is already known in the community- I’m just trying to find out more and I’m not seeing a whole lot about it! Thx!

7 hours ago, sylphrena said:

Evermore Park just formally announced its closing, and Dragonsteel owns all the vacant properties surrounding it. The owner of the park property said that it will be redeveloped, keeping and enhancing the original buildings. 

I haven’t been keeping up with this project, but is it pretty well-understood that this will be the home of the ‘Dragonsteel Village’ (or whatever they end up calling it?) and that the existing park might be integrated into this plan?

Apologies if this is already known in the community- I’m just trying to find out more and I’m not seeing a whole lot about it! Thx!

I think it's possible that you're not seeing a whole lot about it because there isn't a ton of information out about it. I knew Dragonsteel Park was going to exist, somewhere near Evermore, but beyond that I hadn't heard anything--much less about Evermore closing (and I live super close to it!).

Ookla- Yeah, I’m not familiar with the area but it looks like the property is immediately adjacent to Evermore. I remember hearing about the plans for Evermore years ago, but not much about it since except for some of the struggles they had. I don’t think they had much publicity from the start. 

It's a theory floating around, but hard to say for sure if this is what Dragonsteel's doing - running a theme park is pretty different from their current wheelhouse but maybe?? I definitely think the land around there is where they're building their events center. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since Disney came out with Galaxy's Edge and the starcruise hotel (now defunct) I thought about what Sanderson world I would want a park to immerse me in. The problem is almost all his worlds are nightmares to live in. Perpetual storms, constant ash fall, a sun that burns you to death in seconds, or they are just Earthlike. 

Windrunner ride that is indoor skydiving or one of those rides that sling shot you around. They could simulate a high storm experience by having people go through a wind tunnel with buckets of what being thrown at them :)

Bridge crew simulator. Where one team carries a bridge and another team shoots tennis balls at them like in American Gladiators.American Gladiators, specifically the Assault course with ...

On 4/14/2024 at 4:39 PM, AonEne said:

It's a theory floating around, but hard to say for sure if this is what Dragonsteel's doing - running a theme park is pretty different from their current wheelhouse but maybe?? I definitely think the land around there is where they're building their events center. 

If Dragonsteel does get involved it sounds like it would be in partnership with the people that currently own the park so they will at least be partnered with people who know how to run a park. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 9:21 PM, sylphrena said:

I feel like the evermore park decision makers (ceo and whoever else) would have really benefitted from like.... sitting down and having a long chat with ren faire companies. But in my case I searched for it and found a solution and after testing them I chose this site for my writing. Let me share them with you all; they are https://ukwritings.com/ ukwritings. I have used them a few times now and they are so good at what they do and one of the best things is that you can get the work done by professionals for a very cheap price. If you need help, you can get help from them and they can make things easier for you.

I feel like the evermore park decision makers (ceo and whoever else) would have really benefitted from like.... sitting down and having a long chat with ren faire companies.

Edit: I honestly feel like the property owner taking back the land and restructuring the area/finishing the buildings is the best thing that could have happened. The helicopter footage from overhead just shows how much of the land was unused, and is still unfinished to this day. And honestly, it seems like he has passion at least for the buildings that are there, even if he just makes it a themed shopping center you'll still have the cool buildings to visit and cosplayers could still meet there for pictures. It sucks the dream is dead and so many people lost their jobs despite putting so much work into the park, but i think this is better then it totally fizzling out with Ken sitting on the property, just for it to become an abandoned theme park until ultimately being torn down. I might be time for an unofficial-official LARP group to form!

Edited by EffieCornett