uh....hi

skyeel

Well, hello everybody. As I'm quite sure you can see I am skyeel. I stumbled onto Brandons works only a couple years ago by accident. While I've always agreed with the old adage not to judge a book by its cover, I was intrigued by the cover for the Mistborn Trilogy. I had never been quite so enthralled by a writer of this genre before ( I had read many fantasy books but none captured my imagination in the manner this set did). I returned to the amazon page and reread the description of the series to find out Brandon had completed TWoT series and decided right then to make it my next reading project. I enjoyed the first several books before the series turned into a wrestling match between finishing the series or pulling out my own hair. When I read books 12 and 13 I knew Brandon had been the right man to complete the epic.

I read a few other books while waiting for A Memory Of Light to be released and found myself searching out Sanderson's other works where I discovered a curious thing. A single name jumped out at me from several different books. I had discovered Hoid. A quick google search taught me about the Cosmere and I must say I became an instant fan. and I had finally found an author I could call my favorite. I am a big fan of Stephen King's Dark Tower and to find another writer who wished to do something similar on a much grander scale has captured the furtherest reaches of my mind.

This is probably enough information about how I have found myself within your ranks. Much more and I may just find a mutiny against me on my first day. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

This is probably enough information about how I have found myself within your ranks. Much more and I may just find a mutiny against me on my first day. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

*first ramblings. Once you're here, you never stop rambling. :P

Welcome. I respect you for finding Hoid. I sure didn't!

Thank you all for your welcomes. When I found Hoid I had read Warbreaker and Way of Kings consecutively. The storytelling technique he used in both books was so similar I had little doubt the were the same character. Upon a reread of The Final Empire when Kelsier meets him for information, I knew he was appearing to often for it not to mean something.

As a side note, I had at first thought I found him in The Hero of Ages under a false name (Slowswift) due to a love of stories even if the description didn't seem to match, only to be disappointed and actually discovering him just moments later.