My Cosmere Reading Schedule :)

Hi! I have been trying to catch up on Cosmere works so that I can stop spoiling stuff for myself and be able to dive into discussions without hesitation. I thought I might share my tentative schedule here because I think it may help me get through a lot before the release of the Stormlight 5 novel! I know it may not seem like a very fast paced schedule. I typically read pretty fast but unfortunately I have little to no free time to sit down and read. However, I have learned that audiobooks are my friends when it comes to that challenge and can help me average 2 to 3 books per month.

My Schedule is a little out of order because I was hooked on the The Stormlight Archive novels before I discovered that there was a connection to the Cosmere. I am trying my best to keep with the spirit of the chronological order, even with the novellas and short stories, but I do not intend for it to be perfect since I have already started. I have read a lot of people's orders on here and had fun figuring out the best schedule for myself!

Note: Edited based on your suggestions :)

So far, I have read all four of the main Stormlight Archive novels and Tress of the Emerald Sea. I also will finish up Mistborn: The Final Empire today! I had started The Sunlit Man before realizing how far ahead it was so I stopped in the middle to revisit later.

• Before the End of March: Mistborn: The Final Empire and Edgedancer
  • April: The Eleventh MetalThe Well of Ascension, and The Hero of Ages
  • May: Elantris, The Hope of Elantris, and The Emperor's Soul
  • June: Warbreaker and White Sand Omnibus
  • July: The Alloy of Law, Dawnshard, and Finish up White Sand Omnibus,
  • August: Shadows of SelfThe Bands of Mourning, and Mistborn: Secret History
  • September: The Lost Metal and Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania
  • October: Sixth of the Dusk and Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell
  • November: Yumi and the Nightmare Painter and The Sunlit Man 
  • December: SA 5!

Let me know if I forgot anything!

Spoiler

Even though these are Cosmere books, I decided to post this on this forum because this seems the most free for posting stuff just because and... I got scared to disrupt any of the main Cosmere forums 😅

The day I am posting this is March 27th for reference.

Edited by Glorfs Tresses

• Glorfs Tresses changed the title to My Cosmere Reading Schedule :)
2 hours ago, Glorfs Tresses said:

So far, I have read all four of the main Stormlight Archive novels and Tress of the Emerald Sea. I also will finish up Mistborn: The Final Empire today!

So, does that mean this will be a first-time read for everything outside of Stormlight Archive? Or is this a re-read for Mistborn as well?

Considerations:

Spoiler
  • The Lost Metal has spoilers for Emporer's Soul (and references to TES that will be difficult to understand without reading TES first)
    • Recommend Emperor's Soul after Elantris and Hope of Elantris
  • Allomancer Jak can be read as early as after-Alloy of Law - no spoilers for any other Era 2
    • But no issues leaving it for later either - just know that events in later books will make this . . . out of date
  • Any other considerations I may suggest will depend on if Mistborn is a re-read or a first read. 

6 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

So, does that mean this will be a first-time read for everything outside of Stormlight Archive?

Yes! First-time read for everything. 

18 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Considerations:

Hide contents
  • The Lost Metal has spoilers for Emporer's Soul (and references to TES that will be difficult to understand without reading TES first)
    • Recommend Emperor's Soul after Elantris and Hope of Elantris
  • Allomancer Jak can be read as early as after-Alloy of Law - no spoilers for any other Era 2
    • But no issues leaving it for later either - just know that events in later books will make this . . . out of date

Thank you for the advice! I am going to edit my schedule to reflect these considerations.

8 minutes ago, Glorfs Tresses said:

I am going to edit my schedule to reflect these considerations.

I hope they help

8 minutes ago, Glorfs Tresses said:

First-time read for everything. 

Awesome - hope you enjoy the ride. On a side note:

Spoiler

Do you know or care about the ancillary material, such as Annotations? They can be found here on the website.

I usually recommend to friends that they save them for after the each book (or series), but the website version do have spoilers hidden if you decide to read them side-by-side. Warning: The Warbreaker eBook comes with the annotations built-in, but eBooks cannot hide spoilers. I know you said you plan to do all/mostly audio - but if reading the Warbreaker eBook, either skip them or wait until after the novel to avoid spoilers.

The consideration that is re-read dependant is due to secret history. I'll post in a spoiler so you can come back and check it after you get that far:

Spoiler

I posted a re-read "bonus" method of integrating Secret history into Era 1 for re-reads. It can be found here

Edited by Treamayne
Examples