Centralized New Secret Project Discussion

Hello hello everyone, as we come up to the reading of the new secret project preview chapters, we are creating a pinned thread in Cosmere Discussion for all discussion to go to for now, as we previously did with the Stormlight 5 prologue. See here: 

We are not keeping the title of this one secret past the reveal. 

Like Stormlight 5 we don't want to make a forum so early for one book. The Cosmere Secret Projects board was a one-off due to the amount of books.

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Like Stormlight 5 we don't want to make a forum so early for one book. The Cosmere Secret Projects board was a one-off due to the amount of books.

Understood about a forum; but if, for example, General Discussion can have both htreads and subforums - why can't Spoiler Zone have both threads (SA5, SP5) and Subforums (TSM Spoiler board, TSM Cosmere Board)?

Just trying to "brainstorm" options so, if needed, we have ideas upon which to fall back.

It was challenging to moderate titles being spoilers, and was ultimately unsustainable as an idea. We didn't even make it to 2023 for Year of Sanderson stuff due to bookstore listings. There is no appetite among the moderation team to enforce title secrecy for over a year once more. It just doesn't work in practice for books.

We do not consider titles and basic premise to be a spoiler.

Thankfully, Brandon is not keeping this one secret and will be using the name in future communication. I will be honest, even if he wanted to keep it secret again, I don't think we would do this once more.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

It was challenging to moderate titles being spoilers, and was ultimately unsustainable as an idea. We didn't even make it to 2023 for Year of Sanderson stuff due to bookstore listings. There is no appetite among the moderation team to enforce title secrecy for over a year once more. It just doesn't work in practice for books.

We do not consider titles and basic premise to be a spoiler.

Thankfully, Brandon is not keeping this one secret and will be using the name in future communication. I will be honest, even if he wanted to keep it secret again, I don't think we would do this once more.

Copy all, I just found it slightly humorous that we used SP1, SP4, etc. for so long, but abandoned SP5 after about a week. 

12 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Copy all, I just found it slightly humorous that we used SP1, SP4, etc. for so long, but abandoned SP5 after about a week. 

That's not quite what happened, in my estimation. Before the 21st we didn't have a title. After that, we used the title immediately.

I should have put a forum post on this; I notified YouTube and Discord but not here. The mod team hated the titles being secret. They weren't even spoilers.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:31 AM, Treamayne said:

I'm sorry, I was going by last week the thread was started as "SP5" and this week, it's renamed to the title (which did not seem to match how SPs 1-4 were handled).

Admins and Mods rock and I'll shut up now. 

It should've had the title in like a day at most, I just forgot to come back and change it. So blame me for that one 😅

Just now, AonEne said:

It should've had the title in like a day at most, I just forgot to come back and change it. So blame me for that one 😅

No blame (except maybe myself) I was just confused since we used "SP#" (1-4) for about a year on anything that might show on "home" for the first four Secret Projects. So, changing "SP5" to the title this early seemed not-in-line with how the previous was handled.