Predictions for Stones Unhallowed

Newan

Imagine the scene... Kaladin is fighting. He is awesome, he strikes, but does not kill. Once he won the fight, he moves in to take care of the injured: all of the injured, including his enemies. They are dumbstruck as to why their enemy would care for them, but he does.

I will protect even those I hate if it is right.

Kaladin will take all of the oppresses and the misguided under his wing, whether they want it or not.

That is perfect :lol: And it can be done, we saw Vasher knocking out guards but keeping them alive in Warbreaker after all ;) Also Kaladin tending to all wounded after the battle seems to much like him... That would also make more people respect him. If the story goes this way I expect Kal to have some insane number of followers by the end of the books (like the bridgemen).

Never seen that one... Not to say I am old :ph34r: , but I am from the Little Mermaid's generation :ph34r: I thought it was lame: a love story between a mermaid and a human. Boring. I fond Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom more to my liking :lol:

Careful with kids, they get scared easily and will pester you endlessly about it afterwards.... Learned that the hard way when I made my 6 years old cousin what said Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom :ph34r: Turns out the heart tearing part is NOT suitable for children. Has not cross my mind at the time :ph34r:

I grew up on Disney and Dreamworks... As well as Asterix and Obelix or Star Wars. Not to metion few obvious ones like LotR... But my very favourite Disney movie was (and still is) Mulan :lol: Especially Mushu was cool.

I was forbidden to choose movies to watch with my younger family members. I was supposed to go along with whatever they choose. Wasn't much of a problem until lately some of my cousins (ages 8-12) demanded we watch Twilight. I said "no, I'm not watching this stupidity" and left the room. Aunt was rather mad at me :ph34r: :ph34r: But in my defense, that was a rather big family gathering, so I rounded up boys in another room and we watched Garfield :lol: A few of the girls joined us too ;)

Oh cute. I love this pet theory. However, I'd give a 1% chance of happening :( I do like to see Kaladin getting happiness. In all my plotting, I tend to go very easy and nice with him: the poor guy has suffered enough. The "Kaladin has a little sister" tend to be very adorable. The adventures of "Kaladin in Kohlinar" are wild.... In some, he gets really enthralled into the depraved lighteyed way of living, despite his will, going as far as sneaking into Adolin's old closet to find clothes suitable for balls and such :ph34r: I will not mention what happens between him and the queen either... but let's say he is in way over is head. Think Mat and Tylin. Poor Kaladin. Slightly out of character though, but funny, very funny. I love this one, so silly :ph34r:

I know but still I can dream, right? As for "Kaladin in Kholinar" I have many different ideas, but they're not very polished yet. One of them is that he tries to get an audience with the queen to talk some sense into her, but he's not allowed to being a darkeye, so he breathes in some Stormlight, changes his eyes to blue saying something along the lines of "Well, if that was the only problem, then it's taken care of now" and goes in anyway, when the guards are busy trying to understand what just happened :lol:

Renarin going into protective mode are amongst my favorites :wub: I have many versions of the same story, but they mostly revolve around the brothers falling apart, Adolin sinking up until Renarin starts to notice something is off with his big brother. He frowns as he is suddenly remembered all it is Adolin has ever done for him: how he stayed with him inside when he was sick, how he refused to go out playing with the other kids because it would have meant leaving his sick brother behind, how he always let him join him in his bed at night when he got scared by his silly nightmares, how he always encouraged him telling he could do it, how he always believed in him no matter what, how he always was the one to stand up for him, how he taught him how to ride when no one else would because of his sickness...

Suddenly, he remembers all of these things and he feels horrible because he has failed to be there for his brother on the one time he needed help.

In most versions, just as Renarin finally snaps, Adolin goes out in battle, one way or another. He's completely unhinged and unstable. The battle goes horribly wrong for various reasons (treason, poisoning by Ialai, monstrous creatures, impossible foes). Sometimes, I make him drown in his Plate :ph34r: Other times, he's taken prisoner. I think I even put him into a coma in one :ph34r: but in all, he gets out of it quite badly injured. Renarin's healing powers are not there yet, but he becomes quite the over protective brother: sitting night and day next to his brother's bed. Not moving. Hardly resting himself. He's just there, playing with is little box. When Adolin wakes up, he's there. He takes really good care of his brother, nursing him back to health and learning about injuries while being very interest in listening to the surgeons talking...

When Shallan comes visiting, worried and concerned when she finds out what happened, he shoves her out. In some versions, he lets her in, but Adolin is later appalled his brother let Shallan see him while he was wearing next to nothing :ph34r:

I do not have many versions of the story with Kaladin though as I tend to have him be away. Perhaps I should try to come up with different versions with him in it. Would be fun :lol:

Aww, adorable :wub:  Yes, Renarin would do amazing job taking care of his brother. He would never, ever leave his side. He would sit at Adolin's side day and night, completely uncaring of his own health. Others would bring him food so he would eat. They would even bring him another bed to sleep on since he refuses to leave the room, but Renarin doesn't use it anyway. He thinks he must be just there when his brother wakes up, being awake himself so he wouldn't miss this moment. For some reason I just imagined Rock (or one of the other bridgemen) being forced to knock Renarin out (or drug him) in order to get him to rest even a bit :ph34r: But that's just my crazy brain :lol:

And I'd really like for Renarin to shove Shallan out of the room. In fact only Dalinar or Navani would be allowed in if they decided to come :lol:

As for Kaladin's role in this... In my mind the truth about the murder comes out late in the book 3 and the final decision about it is made at the very end. By that time Kaladin just comes back to Urithiru, only to hear the news (in different versions it's just before or just after Adolin's punishment being made). Then he has just enough time to confront Adolin about it in a rather friendly chat. I imagine Kaladin goind to find Adolin and talk to him.

Adolin: Bridgeboy? What do you want? To call me a fool or a monster for what I've done? To condemn me like everyone else?

Kaladin: Why would you... No, I'm not here to condemn you.

Adolin: Why then? Just speak and spare me false compassion! I don't need pity.

Kaladin: I didn't come to offer you pity. And my compassion isn't false, ... <here he was about to say Princeling, but he stopped himself just in time>

Adolin: So, what do you say? About what I did? After all, you are embodiment of honor and what's right... <yup, Adolin is cynical, who could blame him in his situation>

Kaladin: <heavy sigh> Being a Windrunner I must say that though you had good intentions, what you did was wrong...

Adolin: I knew it... <he turns back, wanting to end this conversation, thinking that everyone want to condemn him anyway>

Kaladin: But as your friend... <that makes Adolin look at him with a frown> As your friend I say that I understand. You did what you thought had to be done. I may not agree but I know you meant well. You are not a monster, but I can see something from a fool in you.

<Adolin looks at him intently, looking for a lie, but he finds none, so he smiles>

Adolin: Thanks, Bridgeboy.

Kaladin: Anytime <he smiles too> And stop wallowing in self-pity. It's pathetic.

Adolin: You are one to speak... <and with that he grins - for the first time in days>

Beyond that I think that any mending of the bonds between Adolin and his family, as well as helping Adolin get back up from the bottom he hit alone will take place in book 4. So Kaladin will be there. Renarin will be most neccessary to help Adolin, but I think he could use a friend as well.

You don't like Vin? The badass street urchin who came to embrace her inner giggling girl by admitting she loves ball gowns... and balls...?

Yes, I don't like her :ph34r: :ph34r: And I can't really explain why... I just don't get that vibe from her, that something which makes me like the character or not... Funny, by now the only lead female characters in Brandon's novels that I liked were Vivenna and Siri (in this order).

I do have a version that goes along these lines. A lot of shouting. It goes on for days. At the end of it, Adolin is sitting in his corner, head pressed against his hands, breathing heavily and whispering for it to just end, silently begging his father to just stop shouting. Renarin tries to warn his father that this is enough, to stop this, but he does not listen. Eventually, Adolin just snaps and yells to his father to just hang him and get it done. When the room grows quiet and Dalinar fails to answer, Adolin loses it. He screams if no one is about to decide anything, he'll do it for them: he hereby renounced to his titles, his heirloom, his ranks and his shards. He summons his Blade, breaks the bond and trusts it across the room. He rips his uniform away claiming he is not a Kohlin anymore and storms out of the room to pack his things. Do he leaves or is he stop before?

Yeah, that's good too :lol:

I have a few ones revolving around the idea of Adolin getting massively drunk in an attempt to forget his worries  :ph34r:  They usually involve the bridgemen and Kaladin, sometimes Renarin. Angry Dalinar a few other times.

Yes, that would be cool to see :lol: I can imagine Adolin foolishly entering a drinking competition against Rock. One of the biggest mistakes in his life :ph34r:

The ones that are the most developed are the ones I spent more time pondering on... Gives me something to do during transit everyday :ph34r: What would happened if?

I have never exploited the "Adolin commits suicide" idea.... I never thought he would go this far. Recklessly wasting his life, yes, but holding the knife to his own throat. Perhaps I should :ph34r:

Interesting, the last one. Never tried it either. In most of my plotting, he loses the Blade, often as retribution, sometimes in battle, one time in a duel. He never falls prey to Odium in any either. Elhokar does that :ph34r: Elhokar never ends well, Kaladin always has a happy story, Adolin goes down, but pops back up, Renarin grows, Dalinar gets softer.

That's my favourite activity during boring lectures :lol:

I don't really see Adolin commiting suicide. In this idea of mine it's that he decides to take his own life to protect the others, a different kind of heroic sacrifice. He's being controlled by Odium and that's the only way he can stop it.

The funny thing is, I had this idea for some time now and a few days ago I finally managed to get Hero of Ages into my hands. By now I barely read the first part but I realized that Marsh struggling against Ruin's control is similar to what I imagined about Adolin possesed by Odium. Maybe this analogy will show what I try to say :)

Well, I do have that one idea where Adolin is so determined to keep his Blade that he would do anything to achieve it. After storming out of the room with Dalinar shouting to him to stop acting like a fool and give up the Shard, he hides somewhere deep in Urithiru to avoid being caught and later sneaks out of the city (I imagine that the Oathgates are being opened from time to time to get supplies or something - with their size it's possible to sneak without the Radiant finding out). He becomes something of a deserter, an outlaw, but being lighteyes is enough to help him get further away (can be connected to "Adolin in Azir" or wherever else). He's guilty because he left, but he thinks that his family will be better off without him anyway. Besides he still doesn't understand why he's so determined to keep the Blade. He even feels that it wants to stay with him... At one point Renarin decides to find his brother but it's not so easy...

Generally, in all of my ideas Elhokar ends badly (not always dead but always badly), Renarin grows some backbone (while still staying himself), Kaladin finally gets some happiness and Adolin hits the bottom only to come out of it stronger (except from that one with Odium, but that's just one :ph34r: )...

If you put Adolin into the search engine, you'll get all of the old threads. The "It has been foreshadowed Adolin will be a Radiant" has good material in it. There's a few on Elhokar as well.

The search engine and I are not on a very good terms :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:  Besides, I know all that. I wanted to give an advice on where to go to understand Adolin better so nobody (namely you, as you are the one who usually does it) would have to write it all again here :lol:

That is perfect :lol: And it can be done, we saw Vasher knocking out guards but keeping them alive in Warbreaker after all ;) Also Kaladin tending to all wounded after the battle seems to much like him... That would also make more people respect him. If the story goes this way I expect Kal to have some insane number of followers by the end of the books (like the bridgemen).

This is my favorite evolution for Kaladin: to become an inspiring figure by applying his protection to all, even the undeserving, the unwanted and the enemy. It would lead to an awesome scene where he does the unexpected by taking care of his enemies :wub:

I grew up on Disney and Dreamworks... As well as Asterix and Obelix or Star Wars. Not to metion few obvious ones like LotR... But my very favourite Disney movie was (and still is) Mulan :lol: Especially Mushu was cool.

I was forbidden to choose movies to watch with my younger family members. I was supposed to go along with whatever they choose. Wasn't much of a problem until lately some of my cousins (ages 8-12) demanded we watch Twilight. I said "no, I'm not watching this stupidity" and left the room. Aunt was rather mad at me :ph34r: :ph34r: But in my defense, that was a rather big family gathering, so I rounded up boys in another room and we watched Garfield :lol: A few of the girls joined us too ;)

Astérix and Obélix are old school stuff.... I grew up with these. I saw Astérix et les Bretons at the movie theater......  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They still pass re-runs during Christmas time over here... I still watch them :ph34r: I actually saw Mulan... but Disney movies were not as big when I was young. The frenzy kinda started with the Little Mermaid and the Lion King.

Star Wars the original or the new boring thing? I grew up with the original: I had such a crush on Han Solo :ph34r:

Twilight... You know, in my days, we were watching Interview with a Vampire and we were reading Ann Rice. Real stuff. Glowing in the sunlight vampires? So lame :blink:

I know but still I can dream, right? As for "Kaladin in Kholinar" I have many different ideas, but they're not very polished yet. One of them is that he tries to get an audience with the queen to talk some sense into her, but he's not allowed to being a darkeye, so he breathes in some Stormlight, changes his eyes to blue saying something along the lines of "Well, if that was the only problem, then it's taken care of now" and goes in anyway, when the guards are busy trying to understand what just happened :lol:

My more polished idea if the one where he struggles to make himself heard at the Kohlinar's court. He tries. There has been spanreed from Dalinar guarantying his authenticity, but still nobody listens to him. He tries to mingle in, going to all of the events, but he is fighting against the futility of their wasted life. Even with the rebellion outside, the queen still holds court as if nothing ever happened.

One day, Kaladin gets fed up and takes a stroll outside the monstrous palace.

The next day, he finds a note on his bed. A map. A glyph. A date. An hour. A meeting.

He goes. It is an empty street. Dark. He is soon joined by a hooded figure.

"So it is really you. I had to make sure."

The voice was familiar, somehow. He turns around. The hooded figure lowers her hood...

Tarah.

Turns out Tarah is running high in the rebellion. When she heard of the arrival of a certain Kaladin into the palace, she investigated. They talk. She tells him about what they are trying to achieve, how the ruling class is trespassing their rights, how the people are starving while they fest, every night. The rebellion is right full and she wants Kaladin to join them.

But he can't. Not this time. He would not betray the Kohlins another time. He explains this to her. He tells her how honorable Dalinar Kohlin is. How his sons take after him. They may be right full, but he cannot join them. He has to stay true to his oaths.

Aren't the rebellion and the poor people worthy of protecting? Who's to protect? His duty to the Kohlins or the oppressed?

Kaladin ponders.

In the mean time, the Voidbringers attack. The city guards are soon overwhelmed: the best of the soldiers have been send to the Shattered Plains. There is just not enough of them.

Kaladin then does the unthinkable. He goes to the rebellion: he asks for their help. He makes plea for everyone to just rally. And thus they fight: lighteyes and darkeyes, nobility and rebellion, together. They fight to push the enemy back.

They win that battle.

Jasnah arrives in the mist of it. Timely. Opposition against Kaladin shrinks next to nothing when she puts her weight behind him. Together they re-open the oathgate to Urithiru, in time to see how bad things have been going for everyone out there.

Not all that fleshed out. Many holes.

Aww, adorable :wub:  Yes, Renarin would do amazing job taking care of his brother. He would never, ever leave his side. He would sit at Adolin's side day and night, completely uncaring of his own health. Others would bring him food so he would eat. They would even bring him another bed to sleep on since he refuses to leave the room, but Renarin doesn't use it anyway. He thinks he must be just there when his brother wakes up, being awake himself so he wouldn't miss this moment. For some reason I just imagined Rock (or one of the other bridgemen) being forced to knock Renarin out (or drug him) in order to get him to rest even a bit :ph34r: But that's just my crazy brain :lol:

No need to drug him... When he grows too tired, he just lay down on the bed, next to his brother and falls asleep right there. Just like when they were kids. He used to do this all the time. Dalinar finds them and is reminded of all the times he has found them, in the morning, curled on against the other in each others bed when they were kids.

And I'd really like for Renarin to shove Shallan out of the room. In fact only Dalinar or Navani would be allowed in if they decided to come :lol:

You really think Dalinar and Navani would not come to visit injured Adolin? Dalinar would spend almost as many time as Renarin in the room, sitting on the chair, on the other side of the bed.

As for Kaladin's role in this... In my mind the truth about the murder comes out late in the book 3 and the final decision about it is made at the very end. By that time Kaladin just comes back to Urithiru, only to hear the news (in different versions it's just before or just after Adolin's punishment being made). Then he has just enough time to confront Adolin about it in a rather friendly chat. I imagine Kaladin goind to find Adolin and talk to him.

Adolin: Bridgeboy? What do you want? To call me a fool or a monster for what I've done? To condemn me like everyone else?

Kaladin: Why would you... No, I'm not here to condemn you.

Adolin: Why then? Just speak and spare me false compassion! I don't need pity.

Kaladin: I didn't come to offer you pity. And my compassion isn't false, ... <here he was about to say Princeling, but he stopped himself just in time>

Adolin: So, what do you say? About what I did? After all, you are embodiment of honor and what's right... <yup, Adolin is cynical, who could blame him in his situation>

Kaladin: <heavy sigh> Being a Windrunner I must say that though you had good intentions, what you did was wrong...

Adolin: I knew it... <he turns back, wanting to end this conversation, thinking that everyone want to condemn him anyway>

Kaladin: But as your friend... <that makes Adolin look at him with a frown> As your friend I say that I understand. You did what you thought had to be done. I may not agree but I know you meant well. You are not a monster, but I can see something from a fool in you.

<Adolin looks at him intently, looking for a lie, but he finds none, so he smiles>

Adolin: Thanks, Bridgeboy.

Kaladin: Anytime <he smiles too> And stop wallowing in self-pity. It's pathetic.

Adolin: You are one to speak... <and with that he grins - for the first time in days>

Beyond that I think that any mending of the bonds between Adolin and his family, as well as helping Adolin get back up from the bottom he hit alone will take place in book 4. So Kaladin will be there. Renarin will be most neccessary to help Adolin, but I think he could use a friend as well.

Cute.

Yes, that would be cool to see :lol: I can imagine Adolin foolishly entering a drinking competition against Rock. One of the biggest mistakes in his life :ph34r:

I see him more drinking one glass after the other trying to drown his pain only to be bothered by Jakamav... He enters in a bar fight and he is pulled out of it by the bridgemen. By that time, he is completely drunk and there starts a really long night.

I don't really see Adolin commiting suicide. In this idea of mine it's that he decides to take his own life to protect the others, a different kind of heroic sacrifice. He's being controlled by Odium and that's the only way he can stop it.

The funny thing is, I had this idea for some time now and a few days ago I finally managed to get Hero of Ages into my hands. By now I barely read the first part but I realized that Marsh struggling against Ruin's control is similar to what I imagined about Adolin possesed by Odium. Maybe this analogy will show what I try to say :)

Well, I do have that one idea where Adolin is so determined to keep his Blade that he would do anything to achieve it. After storming out of the room with Dalinar shouting to him to stop acting like a fool and give up the Shard, he hides somewhere deep in Urithiru to avoid being caught and later sneaks out of the city (I imagine that the Oathgates are being opened from time to time to get supplies or something - with their size it's possible to sneak without the Radiant finding out). He becomes something of a deserter, an outlaw, but being lighteyes is enough to help him get further away (can be connected to "Adolin in Azir" or wherever else). He's guilty because he left, but he thinks that his family will be better off without him anyway. Besides he still doesn't understand why he's so determined to keep the Blade. He even feels that it wants to stay with him... At one point Renarin decides to find his brother but it's not so easy...

I have one where Adolin ends a war prisoner for the Voidbringers. He gets experimented on by Venli, trying to find ways to sway humans to their cause. I do not know where to go with this one...

I have a few ones revolving around the idea of Adolin running away, but he always leaves the Blade behind. The issue I have with this plot is how to make him leave and how to make him come back? How can they ever find him again? World's a big place. I like your idea though, might give it some more thought.

This is my favorite evolution for Kaladin: to become an inspiring figure by applying his protection to all, even the undeserving, the unwanted and the enemy. It would lead to an awesome scene where he does the unexpected by taking care of his enemies :wub:

I agree. Completely.

And then those he helped before or those that saw him helping others against common sense will rally up to him. At least some of them will.

Propably the most meaningful would be if Kaladin actually saved Amaram - he wants this man dead, prefarably a painful death, but seeing him in a danger that he can prevent will force him to stand up to protect him, even against his personal hate.

Astérix and Obélix are old school stuff.... I grew up with these. I saw Astérix et les Bretons at the movie theater......  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They still pass re-runs during Christmas time over here... I still watch them :ph34r: I actually saw Mulan... but Disney movies were not as big when I was young. The frenzy kinda started with the Little Mermaid and the Lion King.

Star Wars the original or the new boring thing? I grew up with the original: I had such a crush on Han Solo :ph34r:

Twilight... You know, in my days, we were watching Interview with a Vampire and we were reading Ann Rice. Real stuff. Glowing in the sunlight vampires? So lame :blink:

Both. And I remember being surprised when my dad told me to start watching Star Wars from 4th episode instead of the 1st.  Personally, I always wanted my own R2-D2 :ph34r: And an ewok from the last part.

I hate Twilight and all those modern vampire-romance things... Where are the ruthless, bloodthirsty, changing into bats creatures? The new Dracula movie did quite a good job compared to all those popular books/movies. I saw it in a cinema with my friend - we both cracked at seeing Tywin Lannister at the end :lol:

My more polished idea if the one where he struggles to make himself heard at the Kohlinar's court. He tries. There has been spanreed from Dalinar guarantying his authenticity, but still nobody listens to him. He tries to mingle in, going to all of the events, but he is fighting against the futility of their wasted life. Even with the rebellion outside, the queen still holds court as if nothing ever happened.

One day, Kaladin gets fed up and takes a stroll outside the monstrous palace.

The next day, he finds a note on his bed. A map. A glyph. A date. An hour. A meeting.

He goes. It is an empty street. Dark. He is soon joined by a hooded figure.

"So it is really you. I had to make sure."

The voice was familiar, somehow. He turns around. The hooded figure lowers her hood...

Tarah.

Turns out Tarah is running high in the rebellion. When she heard of the arrival of a certain Kaladin into the palace, she investigated. They talk. She tells him about what they are trying to achieve, how the ruling class is trespassing their rights, how the people are starving while they fest, every night. The rebellion is right full and she wants Kaladin to join them.

But he can't. Not this time. He would not betray the Kohlins another time. He explains this to her. He tells her how honorable Dalinar Kohlin is. How his sons take after him. They may be right full, but he cannot join them. He has to stay true to his oaths.

Aren't the rebellion and the poor people worthy of protecting? Who's to protect? His duty to the Kohlins or the oppressed?

Kaladin ponders.

In the mean time, the Voidbringers attack. The city guards are soon overwhelmed: the best of the soldiers have been send to the Shattered Plains. There is just not enough of them.

Kaladin then does the unthinkable. He goes to the rebellion: he asks for their help. He makes plea for everyone to just rally. And thus they fight: lighteyes and darkeyes, nobility and rebellion, together. They fight to push the enemy back.

They win that battle.

Jasnah arrives in the mist of it. Timely. Opposition against Kaladin shrinks next to nothing when she puts her weight behind him. Together they re-open the oathgate to Urithiru, in time to see how bad things have been going for everyone out there.

Not all that fleshed out. Many holes.

Nice one. Especially the part when he rallies up both nobility and rebellion. I'd really like to see that. I'm only very partial on Tarah... I don't know, I'm not sure if I want to see her back. I like the relationships that are developed on-page, not somewhere in the past that we know nothing of :ph34r: :ph34r:

In my idea, right after Kaladin becomes lighteyed to go by the guards, he forces his meeting with the queen and her advisors (if there are any). I also thought about the spanreed thing - they were informed that Kaladin will come and he is to be trusted, but the queen knows better and will have none of that. When Kal tries to talk some sense into her (in a surprisingly civil way) he earns himself a trip to the prison.

He goes and stays there willingly. Of course, he could cut a hole in the wall and walk/fly away, but he doesn't want to do this now. He's not imprisoned this time - it's his choice. He talks to the guards and other prisoners. He decides to free them as they were sentenced not for crimes but on Aesudan's irrational whim. He manages to get some of the guards to his side. Not everyone is happy with what the queen is doing - living a lavish life when her people starve. With the help of his new allies Kaladin frees himself and the prisoners. The guards decide to join the rebellion as well.

Now, Kaladin is aware that while the rebellion is in right, they shouldn't be allowed to do what they plan (it involves overthrowing the queen and so on). He mingles in with the rebels but tries to find another way. He convinces the people of rebellion to focus on the good of the others first, not on revenge. He leads them to gather supplies for starving (often stealing from the rich, but making sure that those still have enough left to live) and helps healing the ill and wounded. I imagine some kind of disease to spread over Kholinar and Kal will try to stop the epidemy, organising hospitals and isolating ill from healthy so teh disease won't spread. He still has the spheres borrowed from the king - he spends some of them on medicines for the people. This money belongs to the king so he has the right to use them to help the kingdom, right? (Well, I guess he will ahve to answer for this later on) He cannot save everyone, but he teaches others what to do.

At the same time he keeps meeting with lighteyes - both minor and high-dahn ones. He tries to get them to his side - it's way easier with those of low dahns, but a small number of more important ones trusts him too (mostly those loyal to Dalinar). But of course, many people, both light and dark eyed, refuse to listen to him.

The rebellion breaks in two - those who follow Kaladin to help people and those who try to get revenge on lighteyes. The second ones he tries to stop, but they claim him an enemy as well (while meeting with rebellion and so on he keps his eyes dark - either not using Stormlight or thanks to the eye drops; he wants them to see him as one of them, because he still doesn't consider himself a lighteye). Those that are against him gain followers more quickly. Rebels and common people don't care so much about surviving, they want revenge. Some bolder ones keep trying to assasinate lighteyes. Kaladin stops them whenever he can, protecting the lighteyes. At such times he hids his face and uses a regular spear to fight. When some lighteyes try to murder the darkeyes, not only the rebels but common people as well, Kaladin steps in too - still covering his face but this time using Syl as a Shardblade (or Shardspear, but usually a blade for appearances). Around the whole city there are rumors of a Sharbearer protecting darkeyes and a man in rugged cloak protecting lighteyes. Nobody knows that Kaladin is them both. Of course, he tries not to kill anyone. Whenever he fails at that, he's angry with himself.

After he escaped the prison, Aesudan demands this man found and killed. Guards look for him, but with the help of common people (both darkeyes and low dahn lighteyes) he manages to hide. He becomes a hero for commoners, hated by the queen's court and important lighteyes and by some rebels who doesn't agree with him. He struggles with that. He's stretched very thin - he cannot protect everyone or stabilize the situation in the city, as he believes Dalinar would want him to. Finally he comes to the conclusion that he's no politician - he can't take care of Kholinar in any way. All he can do is to protect the people - all of them. And that's what he does.

At one point he runs into Liss. But I don't have this part too developed.

Besides all that there's still the threat of Voidbringers. Most of the parshmen are locked inside the building for the storms, as they are too valuable (expensive) to risk them. But every time there are few who become transformated. Those Kaladin hunts and kills, seeing no other way out of this - he doesn't know how to help them go back to normal. That means of course more rumors - about a Herald who came to protect the people (well, KR are the bad guys, so people decided it must be a Herald who helps them). But after some time people are in uproar - they are aware that they're being attacked by some fearsome creatures. But do they listen to Kaladin when he tries to tell them that those creatures are transformed parshmen? No, that would be too easy. They decide that the creatures are being lured in by parshmen (I imagine that every new Voidbringer would want to get the other ones to change as well, so they'd try to free them from buildings). And no, they don't kill them. The world is ending after all. They hope that if they sent parshmen far away, the monsters will follow them. So they do it. By they I mean people led by some important lighteyes - the queen is shut in her castle and refuses to acknowledge the threat. So when the parshmen that were sent away transform, they come back for those that are still kept by the queen. The danger is coming and suddenly none of the lighteyes who tried to seize control of the city (since as I said the queen is useless and ignores everything around her). Kaladin is forced to take charge - first of darkeyes, then lower lighteyes. Together they try to plan city defense. Some of the important ones join them too - they are also afraid of the threat. In the end Kaladin leads the defence of the city (I expect a new Ideal around this time, prefarably the final one, maybe something like "I will lead when everyone else fears to"). In the end the city is saved.

But the queen is a different matter. She claimed that it's the end of the world, that Almighty decided to kill them all for they weren't serving him well enough. She orders all of her ardents to be executed for they lied to her - they said she was faithful enough and now the monsters come for her. She closes herself in her chamber with her baby son (let's say he's 2... a toddler not an infant). When Voidbringers are close to the palace, she tries to kill her son and then herself. But Liss prevents this - she kills Aesudan, but leaves the child (I have different explanations for her motives :ph34r: ).

At the same time some of the guards in the palace are worried by their queen's behaviour. Some fo them go to look for help. The city is being attacked, by they see someone who looks like the right person to save them - a man with a glowing weapon, flying over the battlefield, killing the monsters. They go to him and tell him about Aesudan. Kaladin commands them to stop the executions of ardents and himself goes to do something with the queen. When he gets there, it's too late already. Aesudan is dead. But the prince lives - Kal is forced to comfort him. He wouldn't do it if not for Syl. Kids seem to like talking spren :ph34r: Anyway, he gives the prince to a serving woman, telling them both to hide and ordering some of the guards that he can find to protect the prince. Then he goes back to the fight.

In the end, the battle of Kholinar is won but with many casualties. Kaladin focuses on helping the wounded while he's being seeked out again by somebody from the palace. Apparently, now everybody looks to him for leadership. Now, that is a good moment for Jasnah to arrive and fix the Oathgate - the whole palace with people from Kholinar can be transported to safety of Urithiru.

Well, this has so many plotholes (especially in the part about Voidbringers) that it could serve as a strainer :ph34r: But I really like it anyway.

No need to drug him... When he grows too tired, he just lay down on the bed, next to his brother and falls asleep right there. Just like when they were kids. He used to do this all the time. Dalinar finds them and is reminded of all the times he has found them, in the morning, curled on against the other in each others bed when they were kids.

You really think Dalinar and Navani would not come to visit injured Adolin? Dalinar would spend almost as many time as Renarin in the room, sitting on the chair, on the other side of the bed.

I see him as determined not to sleep so he would be awake when his brother comes to... But he may fall asleep in his chair, only fater that being carried to the bed. And Dalinar and Navani will be visiting Adolin, but they may have too many responsibilities to have enough time for that. Especially Dalinar - he would like to sit by Adolin's side day and night, but all he can do is to drop by from time to time for a few moments. Only Renarin was desperate enough to toss away all responsibilities and everything not to leave his brother's side.

I see him more drinking one glass after the other trying to drown his pain only to be bothered by Jakamav... He enters in a bar fight and he is pulled out of it by the bridgemen. By that time, he is completely drunk and there starts a really long night.

Oh my, this is a priceless image :lol: And of course, Skar and Drehy are the ones carrying him out - they always save his backside.

I have one where Adolin ends a war prisoner for the Voidbringers. He gets experimented on by Venli, trying to find ways to sway humans to their cause. I do not know where to go with this one...

I have a few ones revolving around the idea of Adolin running away, but he always leaves the Blade behind. The issue I have with this plot is how to make him leave and how to make him come back? How can they ever find him again? World's a big place. I like your idea though, might give it some more thought.

The one with Veli seems interesting... Well, I also have some ideas for Adolin leaving without his Blade, but then there's this one in which he keeps it against all odds. That's another obstacle for him - his keeping of the Blade is seen as betrayal, so if he ever decides to return (or somebody tries to bring him back) this issue will have to be dealt with. That won't be easy.

Or he revives his Blade and then comes back - as a Dustbringer. He arrives during a battle and saves the day :lol: People welcome him as a hero (bonus points if he brings Lift with him - a healer could always be of use) but there are some blaming him for leaving and taking the Blade when he was supposed to give it up as a punishment for murder.

I agree. Completely.

And then those he helped before or those that saw him helping others against common sense will rally up to him. At least some of them will.

Propably the most meaningful would be if Kaladin actually saved Amaram - he wants this man dead, prefarably a painful death, but seeing him in a danger that he can prevent will force him to stand up to protect him, even against his personal hate.

I was thinking it could happened with Roshone.....

That's a good one! Well developed: much much better then mine :ph34r: I know the Tarah part if far-fetched, but I keep wanting to hear more about her. Besides, Kaladin needs to have something going on for him, so I keep thinking this could be it. I am not sure about the prison part, though. The idea is a good one, but we have seen Kaladin go to prison twice with the results we know: isn't it a bit much to have be sent to prison yet again? I like how his wins the prisoners and the guard over, so Kaladin. The secret vigilante idea is also neat. I have never portrayed Kaladin acting as such as he tends to be too obvious, but I could see it happening.

Please do not kill the poor kid :ph34r: I do have one where Kaladin is forced to take care of the toddler who turns out loving him so much in return. As for why Liss saves him, are you implying the queen was unfaithful? I do think there is a strong possibility the child is not Elhokar's...

I wonder what role Jasnah could be doing.... apart from opening the oathgate.

I see him as determined not to sleep so he would be awake when his brother comes to... But he may fall asleep in his chair, only fater that being carried to the bed. And Dalinar and Navani will be visiting Adolin, but they may have too many responsibilities to have enough time for that. Especially Dalinar - he would like to sit by Adolin's side day and night, but all he can do is to drop by from time to time for a few moments. Only Renarin was desperate enough to toss away all responsibilities and everything not to leave his brother's side.

When Adolin first comes to: Renarin is indeed sleeping :o It is night. He panics. His mind feels like it is stuck in a fog. He can't move. He hurts all over, but he feels something in his hand: another hand. Then he sees him, his brother: sound asleep in his chair while holding his hand. Panic goes away. He sinks back into deep sleep.

If Adolin ever ends up this bad, I think Dalinar would clear most of his schedule.

Oh my, this is a priceless image :lol: And of course, Skar and Drehy are the ones carrying him out - they always save his backside.

It goes from funny to slightly tragic. Funny because drunk Adolin is bound to be funny, but tragic because he drinks to forget his pain. He lashes at his old friend, gets dragged out of it bu his guards and ends up puking in the street  :o  Afterwards, he sinks into drunken despair, crying over why she does not love him.... Classic. Bridgemen do not know what to do with him, but all agree they should not let Dalinar see him like this.

In some versions, Kaladin is back and grudgingly takes care of him, swearing he owes him one very good one as he holds the bucket under him.

In the morning, Dalinar, of course, hears all about it as the talk around camp is about how his son got into a fight while being completely wasted. Dalinar is mad with rage as promptly ask his guard where in the storming hell is his son now. They are forced to admit he is with Bridge 4.... Dalinar storms into Bridge 4 only to find a barely awake very green faced Adolin sporting a black eye and bruised knuckles. He goes into such a rage all the bridgemen start to feel sorry for poor Adolin.

Then you can insert whatever reaction for Adolin: does he lashes out to his father or does he meekly take the fury in?

The one with Veli seems interesting... Well, I also have some ideas for Adolin leaving without his Blade, but then there's this one in which he keeps it against all odds. That's another obstacle for him - his keeping of the Blade is seen as betrayal, so if he ever decides to return (or somebody tries to bring him back) this issue will have to be dealt with. That won't be easy.

Or he revives his Blade and then comes back - as a Dustbringer. He arrives during a battle and saves the day :lol: People welcome him as a hero (bonus points if he brings Lift with him - a healer could always be of use) but there are some blaming him for leaving and taking the Blade when he was supposed to give it up as a punishment for murder.

The idea with the Venli is he gets taken prisoner. Following his dispute with his father, he has to give away his shards. Everyone knows what he did and many of the higher ranked lighteyes think he's got away easy. Ialai sure think so.

Adolin goes into battle without his shards, for the first time. He never went to battle without shards. Ever. He has not practiced wielding a regular sword in years.

At first, the battle goes as usual, but Adolin is betrayed. Nobody wants to go for a direct assassination or a direct confrontation, but without shards, Adolin is vulnerable. They think they could take him out on the battlefield and make it look like an accident.

And so they do. Now insert something here to make it plausible :ph34r: but the idea is he gets separated from his men. The army gets overwhelmed and they retreat, but not Adolin, his retreat path is blocked. He is alone, with his two bridgemen guards. They fight, but there are too many Voidbringers. Adolin sees an opening, he charges into it and takes a hit. He urges his guards to get the storm out of here. They refuse to leave him. He charges again and takes another hit. He orders them. Go away. Escape. Tell his father, if he still cares what happened. This time they go.

Adolin cannot fight anymore. He's bleeding, he's hurting and his arm is just too tired to wield his sword. He drops to his knees. The Voidbringers do not slay him, but merely knock him off. One pulls him across his back and they leave. That particular lighteye may be more valuable alive then dead. Now I am going under the assumption they knew who he was. I am thinking the Parshendi would be able to recognize the leading figures of Alethkar. Eshonai sure knew who Adolin was.

The bridgemen see it, from away. They escaped. Voidbringers had not intention to run after them.

In the meantime, Dalinar is being brought the news his son has fallen. He goes very quiet and slowly sits down. Had he just send his son to his death?

By the time the bridgemen make their way back, it is late. On their arrival, they are brought to Dalinar who ask for news of his son. This is grim. They tell him, but more importantly, they tell him he was alive when they took him.

Dalinar goes into a dark, quiet rage. He orders the 100 fastest riders to quickly assemble and he goes out to rescue his son. Can he find them? The answer is most probably no. By that time, they are too far away.

In other versions, Adolin gets taken prisoner in battle while he is left for dead. Dalinar does not know he is alive. I sometimes use this plot in parallel with the "Adolin drowns in his Plate", the one where he gets shot in a plateless body part by someone from his own side (and Adolin thinks his father ordered it) and falls into a crevice, down into the river. He sinks, but manages remove his Plate before he loses his breath. He survives, but barely. As he loses consciousness, he loses his Blade's bond (as he indeed stops breathing for a short while) and gets washed out on the banks farther away. He is found by the Voidbringers.

Venli likes her new prisoner and is trying to find ways to enslave them, the same way they enslave the Pashmen. He's being tortured. She tries to find a way to have the stormform take control of him. Now have imagination here.

In some ideas, Eshonai comes back to her sister after her fall. She is still in stormform, but she is getting more and more control. She sees her sister's prisoner. She knows who he is: Adolin Kohlin, the Blackthorn's son. Somehow, she feels she needs to help him, so either she helps him escape or she warns Dalinar where to find him.

He either rescued by a team of Radiant or by Eshonai or he escapes. The whole thing seems quite implausible to me and I dunno what kind of shape would the ordeal leave him in. Sounds extreme, though I like the idea of him sacrifying himself so his guards could escape.

As for him running away with the Blade, the difficulty is to bring him back. I don't see him managing to revive his Blade, alone on his own. This is the sort of things I believe he'd need help to do. Other Radiants had help to figure out the oaths, how could Adolin find his without the guidance of a spren? He'd have to come back as a hero for everyone to forget the death warrant on his head... or Dalinar finally decides to protect his son. This is what bugs me the most with the ideas revolving around him going into exile or running away... So hard to make it go somewhere interesting.

I was thinking it could happened with Roshone.....

Me too, but with Amaram, the impact would be more powerful - he hates him much more. I think that upon meeting Roshone again Kaladin will come to the conclusion that he's just a selfish and pitiful bastard, which is still better than what he thinks of Amaram.

That's a good one! Well developed: much much better then mine :ph34r: I know the Tarah part if far-fetched, but I keep wanting to hear more about her. Besides, Kaladin needs to have something going on for him, so I keep thinking this could be it. I am not sure about the prison part, though. The idea is a good one, but we have seen Kaladin go to prison twice with the results we know: isn't it a bit much to have be sent to prison yet again? I like how his wins the prisoners and the guard over, so Kaladin. The secret vigilante idea is also neat. I have never portrayed Kaladin acting as such as he tends to be too obvious, but I could see it happening.

Please do not kill the poor kid :ph34r: I do have one where Kaladin is forced to take care of the toddler who turns out loving him so much in return. As for why Liss saves him, are you implying the queen was unfaithful? I do think there is a strong possibility the child is not Elhokar's...

I wonder what role Jasnah could be doing.... apart from opening the oathgate.

Wait... I recall Kaladin in prison only once (after the duel)... But I think you mean also the time when he was in a slave wagon, right? Anyway, then it's like that - first imprisonment: he gives up, second imprisonment: he almost goes crazy, becomes angry and swears not to be locked up again. And then, the third imprisonment - he goes willingly and tries to make the best out of it, knowing that he's not really locked up because he's capable of leaving whenever he wishes to.

As for the secret vigilante... Yes, Kaladin is usually very obvious and outspoken in what he does. But he's smart. I like to think that the plan was something like: use Syl-blade to defend darkeyes, so they will think that they're being protected by someone highborn, use mundane weapons and worn clothes to defend lighteyes so they'll think that they're being protected by someone lowborn. Kind of trying to patch the differences between them. But that wouldn't work if anybody saw that he's the one doing both things. I think that Syl may propose him to hide his face...

And I never planned to kill the innocent kid. He survives. Kaladin takes him to Urithiru, being forced to babysit a toddler for some time. I guess it would be nice if the boy grew to like him very much, but in my plans he always ends up adoring Syl :ph34r: Anyway, after Elhokar is killed, the little boy becomes the king. But since he's too young, Dalinar acts as his regent. Navani takes to rising her grandson with the help of Dalinar and his sons. They make sure the prince grows into a better person then his parents were...

I didn't try to imply that Aesudan was unfaithful, I never thought of it. But now that you mention the possibility... It makes all too much sense, with Elhokar spending last 6 years on Shattered Plains... :o Aesudan found herself pregnant with someone so she quickly arranged to visit her husband in the warcamp and later claimed the child to be his... That could make a good story. And would explain why Jasnah wanted to assasinate her :ph34r:

I don't have many ideas for Jasnah :ph34r: Before she comes to Kholinar she was busy with whatever she was planning in the epilogue. Prefarably together with Wit - their interactions are hilarious :lol: Then she arrives, sees the state the city is in and tries to take control. But she's informed that somebody is already in charge. She's very unhappy with this and demands to be taken to this person. On her way she sees how well everything is going, how the wounded are being helped and so on, and she decides that whoever took charge of the city did a very good job of it. Her anger subsides - now she's curious. Finally she meets Kaladin. He's unwilling to believe who she is - Jasnah Kholin was murdered after all. She proves her identity to him (maybe with the help of Ivory, I'd actually want to see Syl interacting with Ivory - with any Nahel spren actually) and he apologizes (grudgingly), informing her that he's a captain of Dalinar's guard. Upon learning what happened in Kholinar and to Aesudan, Jasnah relieves Kal from the babysitting duty (after all, it's her nephew) and takes charge of everything in political sense - Kaladin still leads the guards/city defense and is responsible for helping common people. They share responsibilities, trying to figure out what to do with the city. Jasnah also contacts Dalinar. They don't believe she's who she claims to be (they'll answer for this mistake later, when she meets them personally ;) ). Dalinar orders Kaladin to secure the city and bring the prince to Urithiru. Renarin suggests they bring the city to Urithiru - there's enough space and everybody would be safe. Kal leaves Jasnah to work on the Oathgate and makes sure that everyone gather in the palace (or however big is the range of the gate), gathering supplies and useful (and not destroyed) things from around the whole city. Jasnah figures out the lock and they go to Urithiru. Citizens are willing to follow their princess and Kaladin becomes considered a hero. Some (especially darkeyes) may even start to hero-worship him. He's not very comfortable with this. :lol:

I have some theories about Liss (my favourite one is that she's the Herald Chana, but there's little to no evidence in favor of this :ph34r: ). Let's just say she decides that the queen needs to go, but killing the prince would cause too many problems.

Now, Tarah... I get your point, but I'm not sure if I want to see her again. Yes, Kaladin deserves someone. I just tend to think that it should be a character we haven't seen yet. A girl he meets in Kholinar maybe. One of my favourite scenarios is a lowborn lighteye young woman. She's unhappy with her position in society - she's a woman so all she can do is read/write (useful, but boring), engage in music or art (never had any talent in them, so she dislikes them) and... well little else. At least nothing practical. She always dreamed of being allowed to fight, to make a real change. In secret she trained archery (easier to practice alone than sword/spear I think). When the riots start she tries to blend in among the rioters (she decided to support them, because her family wasn't important or rich, and queen's stupidity left them in a bad situation), but she never heard of eye drops before. She's very lucky nobody in the crowd saw her eyes from beneath the hood. But suddenly a strange man appears - and he talks to the rioters convincing them to stop and try to help the people instead of assaulting lighteyes. Half of the group listens to him. The leader though tries to beat down this man but gets easily disarmed and defeated, but to the girl's surprise, not killed or even much hurt. Then others become afraid and decide to call it a night. They're going to try another day, when nobody will get in their way. Now, she won't have any of this. The lighteye they were about to assault was favoured by the queen and one of those who had caused her family's suffering. She's proud and determined, so when other's leave, she approaches that strange man and tries to force him to answer her questions (mostly along the lines of "why do you meddle in this?" or "why protect this brightlord when he doesn't desrve it?"). She attacks him with a knife, but he obviously doesn't want to hurt her. She tries to use it to her advantage. Unfortunetely, they cause a commotion. The guards come out and see them. They claim them burglars and try to kill them. The strange man protects her (no matter how much she claims she does not need protection) and tries to dispose of the man without killing them. He even stops her from slitting the throat of one of them. He grabs her and they escape, but later she pushes him away and runs home. But there was something strange about this man. She's curious and keeps trying to spot him in a crowd. It's not very hard - he comes to her family's shop to buy a new knife (they're blacksmiths). She later follows him and finds out where he stays. She's determined to find out who he is and why is he so strange (he helps everyone, even those who doesn't deserve it or even try to kill him). She's being sneaky - he's not aware that she's spying on him (or so she thinks). Her curiosity is piqued up when she spots a windspren constantly keeping him company. One day she sees him risking his life to protect a group of urchins from city guard. Then he gets hurt while saving life of one of those guards. Ignoring his own wound he helpes the urchins and another guard whom he hit too hard. She hides back in the alley, sure that he hasn't seen her. But he did. And he catches her, demanding explanation as to why was she following him. So she asks why is he helping everyone. When he answers "because they all cannot protect themselves", she shuts up and ponders his words. She stops following him after that, but wonders if she'll meet him again.

Ok, enough for now. This post is already long and full of ramblings. I may continue this next time :lol:

As for the secret vigilante... Yes, Kaladin is usually very obvious and outspoken in what he does. But he's smart. I like to think that the plan was something like: use Syl-blade to defend darkeyes, so they will think that they're being protected by someone highborn, use mundane weapons and worn clothes to defend lighteyes so they'll think that they're being protected by someone lowborn. Kind of trying to patch the differences between them. But that wouldn't work if anybody saw that he's the one doing both things. I think that Syl may propose him to hide his face...

I am still not convinced Kaladin would chose this course of action, but I like the idea. It would make for an interesting read. It does sound like Kaladin at his best: Kaladin being inspiring.

Upon learning what happened in Kholinar and to Aesudan, Jasnah relieves Kal from the babysitting duty (after all, it's her nephew) and takes charge of everything in political sense - Kaladin still leads the guards/city defense and is responsible for helping common people.

About Jasnah's babysitting skills............. Warning, quite long, so I'll put it in spoilers. I am not sure I would let her take care of Elhokar's son :ph34r:

Jasnah sat down in front of her writing table. Quiet. Calm. The perfect ambiance to sooth her mind as she dedicated it to finish her essay on the Potential Fallacy of the Chaos Theory applied to Vorinism.

Peace. Happiness. She smiled deviously as she put herself to work. Ardent Tavra would be pleased with her. As she posed her pen to start writing up a distant noise disturbed her. Something bouncy and noisy coming her way. She frowned. Her father and her uncle had a meeting with some of the other Highprinces: her brother has been allowed to sit in providing he remained quiet. She was not supposed to have any distractions tonight.

A polite knock on the door. It opened before she had time to put her pen down.

Her mother. And........

"Jasnah!" The little blond haired boy burst into the room and went straight to her leg as she slowly moved to her feet. In a matter of seconds, he managed to happily cling to her dress.

"Jasnah, aunty Navani said I am to spend the evening with you. We are going to play swords: I will be the Blackthorne and you can be the chasmfiend."

Not him.....

"Little Adolin......" she said, forcing a smile as she desperately watched the boy bounced around like a crazy cremling clutching his tiny wooden sword.

Navani cleared her throat: "Daughter, you have been informed your father and your uncle are negotiating with Highprinces Sebrarial and Roion. I will be attending as well as your brother. It has been decided you would be the most suited person to...." she glanced at the smiling boy jumping around fighting invisible foes "watch over your cousin while the event takes place. You put so much pride into being wise beyond your years, it would do well for you abide with this task accordingly."

Jasnah looked, horrified at her young cousin: "Mother...... I can't. I... I have promised to finish my essay, Ardent Tavra is expecting it. You would not want me to get behind in my studies... Besides, why can't his own mother watch over him?"

Navani sighed loudly: "Because she is heavy with child. The baby will be born soon. She cannot be expected to keep up with...."

Adolin jumped from Jasnah's bed to the floor: "Take this you mighty chasmfiend, I will slay you with Windstance"

"this" concluded Navani pointing at the over excited boy.

Upon hearing her aunt mentioning his mother, the boy ran to them: "My mommy has a baby in her stomach. It is a boy, soon he'll play swords with me".

Navani sighed again, this time, in discouragement: "Child, as we have told you many times over, the Almighty decides which gender the baby to be born will be. We cannot know in advance. You may as well be getting a little sister."

"No." The boy paused looking up to his aunt through his mop of unruly hair with his light blue eyes. "Girl is not right. It is a boy. I know it is." he said firmly.

Jasnah shared a glance with her mother. Neither of them wanted to be the one to break the news to the kid providing the baby to come turned out being a girl: he has been so adamant about having a baby brother...

"Why don't you ask one of the domestic to watch over him....." asked again Jasnah.

"Daughter. He is your cousin. You claim to be the responsible one, prove it and take care of him. He's only three. I am sure you can manage one child for one evening. The domestics... They have work to do, you cannot impose them him... He's a handful."

"But my essay....." pleaded Jasnah one last time.

"Can wait for tomorrow. This will be it" And with this she was gone, leaving the boy with her who had gone back to his play.

Sight. Perhaps he would just play quietly and leave her to her essay....... so she sat back down and picked up her pen again.... Where was she? Yes. The theory of chaos wants us to believe....

"Jasnah, look at me, I am jumping on one leg".

Sight.

"Yes. I see you. You are jumping on one leg".

"You are not looking" said the boy with an accusing tone.

"Yes, yes, I saw you, now can you jump to the back of the room and stay there?" she asked him as she pointed towards the farthest corner of her room. To her relief, the little boy went on happily jumping.

The theory of chaos wants to believe the....

"Jasnah!" she cringed and made a stain on her sheet. She silently cursed. "Play with me. You are a mad chamsfiend and I am the Blackthorn. You go over here and I will defeat you." The boy eagerly pointed towards her dresser, clearly wanting her "chasmfiend in-personification" to hide behind it.

"Not now Adolin. I am occupied. Go play alone and quietly."

"But you said......."

"Not now. Go play alone."

"Alright" said the boy with a sad voice.

Good. Now. So... The theory of chaos wants to believe the orderly nature of....

BANG.

She jumped. "ADOLIN", she turned around just in time to find her little cousin sitting in the middle of her under clothes as one of the drawers seemed to have find a way to fall of the dresser.

"How did you manage to do just that?" she said with anger.

"I wanted to make a stair to get to the chamsfiend hiding behind...." he said with a small voice.

Jasnah closed her eyes. Was this the beginning of a headache?

"Do not play on my dresser. Understand? Now go play quietly in this corner. Understand?"

"But Jasnah........."

"I said quietly."

"Alright". And she watch the boy sadly moved to the said corner, dragging his little sword with him.

Good. So. The theory of chaos. Yes. The theory of chaos wants to believe the orderly nature of the world is its natural state....

She felt something poke her. "Jasnah"

"WHAT." she said briskly this time.

"I am hungry........" answer the small boy with an even smaller voice.

"You can't be hungry, you just ate supper. Go back to your corner."

"Can I have crispmelons?" he ask again expectantly. 

"NO. Back. To. Your. Corner. Quietly. I have work to do". And with this she turned her back to the child, back to her essay.

Snif.

No.

Not this. Please. Please do not.... She put her pen down, once again, and stirred towards the boy. He was watching her, his blue eyes filling out with tears as his little lip trembled.

Cry.

"Adolin...." she said more softly this time.

"NO." The boy ran to his corner and sat promptly into it. "I hate you. You are mean. I don't want to play with you anymore. Nobody ever wants to play with me: daddy is too busy, mommy is too tired, Elhokar says I am just a baby and you have work."

And he cried.

Jasnah sighed. She was never going to get this essay done. This time she walked over the hunched over crying boy and she gently ruffled his mop of blond hair. "How did he get so blond?" she wondered, not for the first time.

"Adolin I am sorry. You are right. I was mean and unthoughtful." she apologized.

"Yes. You were" he kept on accusingly with a tear strained voice.

"Alright. You want to come in my arms now?" As soon as she said the words, the little boy was clinging to her neck, burying his head into her shoulder. "Alright. You know what? I think I am hungry as well... How about we go to the kitchen and see if they have any crispmelons?"

"Really?" said the child as he looked up.

"Yes. Really."

"Will you tell me a story afterwards?" he asked hopefully, his face lightening up.

"Yes. I will tell you a story. Any story you want."

"One with swords and battles?" he said eagerly this time.

Sight. And there went her essay. With a bit of luck, she may get the opportunity to write something when the boy goes to sleep, providing such thing was even possible.

"Yes Adolin", she confirmed as she stood up and took his hand into hers, carefully walking him to the corridor, "One with many many swords and battles."

"I love you Jasnah" he said hugging her leg.

"I love you to, now come on if you still want to eat your melons."

What was it with this kid? How did he get so affectionate? Well... Being loved is not so bad after all... and she smiled.

Introducing your own character is risky business....  I am unsure if we are going to get many new prominent characters. I am still routing for a Kaladin/Tarah story. She seemed special from what we heard in WoR. I sure has caught my interest, so I guess I will have to wait and see.

I am still not convinced Kaladin would chose this course of action, but I like the idea. It would make for an interesting read. It does sound like Kaladin at his best: Kaladin being inspiring.

I think it could be possible... But I guess he wouldn't come up with such idea by himself. Though if somebody hinted such possibility at him...

About Jasnah's babysitting skills............. Warning, quite long, so I'll put it in spoilers. I am not sure I would let her take care of Elhokar's son :ph34r:

Jasnah sat down in front of her writing table. Quiet. Calm. The perfect ambiance to sooth her mind as she dedicated it to finish her essay on the Potential Fallacy of the Chaos Theory applied to Vorinism.

Peace. Happiness. She smiled deviously as she put herself to work. Ardent Tavra would be pleased with her. As she posed her pen to start writing up a distant noise disturbed her. Something bouncy and noisy coming her way. She frowned. Her father and her uncle had a meeting with some of the other Highprinces: her brother has been allowed to sit in providing he remained quiet. She was not supposed to have any distractions tonight.

A polite knock on the door. It opened before she had time to put her pen down.

Her mother. And........

"Jasnah!" The little blond haired boy burst into the room and went straight to her leg as she slowly moved to her feet. In a matter of seconds, he managed to happily cling to her dress.

"Jasnah, aunty Navani said I am to spend the evening with you. We are going to play swords: I will be the Blackthorne and you can be the chasmfiend."

Not him.....

"Little Adolin......" she said, forcing a smile as she desperately watched the boy bounced around like a crazy cremling clutching his tiny wooden sword.

Navani cleared her throat: "Daughter, you have been informed your father and your uncle are negotiating with Highprinces Sebrarial and Roion. I will be attending as well as your brother. It has been decided you would be the most suited person to...." she glanced at the smiling boy jumping around fighting invisible foes "watch over your cousin while the event takes place. You put so much pride into being wise beyond your years, it would do well for you abide with this task accordingly."

Jasnah looked, horrified at her young cousin: "Mother...... I can't. I... I have promised to finish my essay, Ardent Tavra is expecting it. You would not want me to get behind in my studies... Besides, why can't his own mother watch over him?"

Navani sighed loudly: "Because she is heavy with child. The baby will be born soon. She cannot be expected to keep up with...."

Adolin jumped from Jasnah's bed to the floor: "Take this you mighty chasmfiend, I will slay you with Windstance"

"this" concluded Navani pointing at the over excited boy.

Upon hearing her aunt mentioning his mother, the boy ran to them: "My mommy has a baby in her stomach. It is a boy, soon he'll play swords with me".

Navani sighed again, this time, in discouragement: "Child, as we have told you many times over, the Almighty decides which gender the baby to be born will be. We cannot know in advance. You may as well be getting a little sister."

"No." The boy paused looking up to his aunt through his mop of unruly hair with his light blue eyes. "Girl is not right. It is a boy. I know it is." he said firmly.

Jasnah shared a glance with her mother. Neither of them wanted to be the one to break the news to the kid providing the baby to come turned out being a girl: he has been so adamant about having a baby brother...

"Why don't you ask one of the domestic to watch over him....." asked again Jasnah.

"Daughter. He is your cousin. You claim to be the responsible one, prove it and take care of him. He's only three. I am sure you can manage one child for one evening. The domestics... They have work to do, you cannot impose them him... He's a handful."

"But my essay....." pleaded Jasnah one last time.

"Can wait for tomorrow. This will be it" And with this she was gone, leaving the boy with her who had gone back to his play.

Sight. Perhaps he would just play quietly and leave her to her essay....... so she sat back down and picked up her pen again.... Where was she? Yes. The theory of chaos wants us to believe....

"Jasnah, look at me, I am jumping on one leg".

Sight.

"Yes. I see you. You are jumping on one leg".

"You are not looking" said the boy with an accusing tone.

"Yes, yes, I saw you, now can you jump to the back of the room and stay there?" she asked him as she pointed towards the farthest corner of her room. To her relief, the little boy went on happily jumping.

The theory of chaos wants to believe the....

"Jasnah!" she cringed and made a stain on her sheet. She silently cursed. "Play with me. You are a mad chamsfiend and I am the Blackthorn. You go over here and I will defeat you." The boy eagerly pointed towards her dresser, clearly wanting her "chasmfiend in-personification" to hide behind it.

"Not now Adolin. I am occupied. Go play alone and quietly."

"But you said......."

"Not now. Go play alone."

"Alright" said the boy with a sad voice.

Good. Now. So... The theory of chaos wants to believe the orderly nature of....

BANG.

She jumped. "ADOLIN", she turned around just in time to find her little cousin sitting in the middle of her under clothes as one of the drawers seemed to have find a way to fall of the dresser.

"How did you manage to do just that?" she said with anger.

"I wanted to make a stair to get to the chamsfiend hiding behind...." he said with a small voice.

Jasnah closed her eyes. Was this the beginning of a headache?

"Do not play on my dresser. Understand? Now go play quietly in this corner. Understand?"

"But Jasnah........."

"I said quietly."

"Alright". And she watch the boy sadly moved to the said corner, dragging his little sword with him.

Good. So. The theory of chaos. Yes. The theory of chaos wants to believe the orderly nature of the world is its natural state....

She felt something poke her. "Jasnah"

"WHAT." she said briskly this time.

"I am hungry........" answer the small boy with an even smaller voice.

"You can't be hungry, you just ate supper. Go back to your corner."

"Can I have crispmelons?" he ask again expectantly. 

"NO. Back. To. Your. Corner. Quietly. I have work to do". And with this she turned her back to the child, back to her essay.

Snif.

No.

Not this. Please. Please do not.... She put her pen down, once again, and stirred towards the boy. He was watching her, his blue eyes filling out with tears as his little lip trembled.

Cry.

"Adolin...." she said more softly this time.

"NO." The boy ran to his corner and sat promptly into it. "I hate you. You are mean. I don't want to play with you anymore. Nobody ever wants to play with me: daddy is too busy, mommy is too tired, Elhokar says I am just a baby and you have work."

And he cried.

Jasnah sighed. She was never going to get this essay done. This time she walked over the hunched over crying boy and she gently ruffled his mop of blond hair. "How did he get so blond?" she wondered, not for the first time.

"Adolin I am sorry. You are right. I was mean and unthoughtful." she apologized.

"Yes. You were" he kept on accusingly with a tear strained voice.

"Alright. You want to come in my arms now?" As soon as she said the words, the little boy was clinging to her neck, burying his head into her shoulder. "Alright. You know what? I think I am hungry as well... How about we go to the kitchen and see if they have any crispmelons?"

"Really?" said the child as he looked up.

"Yes. Really."

"Will you tell me a story afterwards?" he asked hopefully, his face lightening up.

"Yes. I will tell you a story. Any story you want."

"One with swords and battles?" he said eagerly this time.

Sight. And there went her essay. With a bit of luck, she may get the opportunity to write something when the boy goes to sleep, providing such thing was even possible.

"Yes Adolin", she confirmed as she stood up and took his hand into hers, carefully walking him to the corridor, "One with many many swords and battles."

"I love you Jasnah" he said hugging her leg.

"I love you to, now come on if you still want to eat your melons."

What was it with this kid? How did he get so affectionate? Well... Being loved is not so bad after all... and she smiled.

That's amazing :lol: But hey, Jasnah was only a teenager then (I think she's about 10 years older than Adolin). Now, as an adult woman she's propably gotten better, even if she's not pleased with having to care for a child. Besides there's no telling that Elhokar's son would be such energy volcano as little Adolin was ;)

Introducing your own character is risky business....  I am unsure if we are going to get many new prominent characters. I am still routing for a Kaladin/Tarah story. She seemed special from what we heard in WoR. I sure has caught my interest, so I guess I will have to wait and see.

I am well aware of that... And yes, I know that the possibility of another important character being introduced in book 3 is next to nothing. But hey, still can dream, right? :lol: As for Tarah... I barely even noted her being referenced to :ph34r: Not to mention being interested by her. To me she didn't seem special, she was just... well, she was there in the past, but now? A memory nothing more...

That's amazing :lol: But hey, Jasnah was only a teenager then (I think she's about 10 years older than Adolin). Now, as an adult woman she's propably gotten better, even if she's not pleased with having to care for a child. Besides there's no telling that Elhokar's son would be such energy volcano as little Adolin was ;)

She is something between 11 and 12 years older. In this, she is about 14-15 years old. Adolin is somewhere between 3 and 4. Renarin is to be born very very soon. The story was not at all inspired by my own kids :ph34r: They have never done any of those things nor ever reacted the same way :ph34r:Yesterday, my son did not made the daycare Christmas tree toppled over him as he was too excited to play with the balls in it :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

In my experience, young children are energy volcanoes by definition, but I figured little Adolin was a particularly bouncy and very affectionate kid. Little Elhokar's son must be like any kids that age: prone to tantrums and temperamental.

I have also decided Jasnah is not so good with children. She would not know what to do with a small child, but she did managed in the end, in that one. If she were to be in the situation you described, she would most likely find someone to watch over the child and hurry to open up to oathgate to give the child to her mother.

I am well aware of that... And yes, I know that the possibility of another important character being introduced in book 3 is next to nothing. But hey, still can dream, right? :lol: As for Tarah... I barely even noted her being referenced to :ph34r: Not to mention being interested by her. To me she didn't seem special, she was just... well, she was there in the past, but now? A memory nothing more...

There was a discussion on Tarah at some point on the forum. My interest was caught then. I am not found of the Kaladin/Shallan union, but that's not to say I do not want Kaladin to end up with someone. I thus figured my best luck was to pair him with the woman he claimed to have once loved. She is more then a memory... He has hold her close to him and failed to say the right words in time. I always read between the lines there and assumed more went on. He also said she was the one to rescue him from over training following Tien's death. I am thinking she was important, to him, at some point.

But hey we are getting 8 more books... I doubt we are not going to get any new characters.... but probably not in the next book or two are we already have a lot. I could be wrong, so your idea could still live on.

She is something between 11 and 12 years older. In this, she is about 14-15 years old. Adolin is somewhere between 3 and 4. Renarin is to be born very very soon. The story was not at all inspired by my own kids :ph34r: They have never done any of those things nor ever reacted the same way :ph34r:Yesterday, my son did not made the daycare Christmas tree toppled over him as he was too excited to play with the balls in it :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

In my experience, young children are energy volcanoes by definition, but I figured little Adolin was a particularly bouncy and very affectionate kid. Little Elhokar's son must be like any kids that age: prone to tantrums and temperamental.

I have also decided Jasnah is not so good with children. She would not know what to do with a small child, but she did managed in the end, in that one. If she were to be in the situation you described, she would most likely find someone to watch over the child and hurry to open up to oathgate to give the child to her mother.

In the situation I described, I think Kaladin would be the kind of person to try and take care of the most important tasks (looking over the prince) himself... Then Jasnah would come along and relieve him from said duty only to find much more suitable caretaker :ph34r: Kal propably wouldn't know who in Kholinar to trust enough, but Jasnah knows better. And yes - the situation would make opening the Oathgate the top priority - Navani is the best person to babysit the little prince :lol:

Oh, I'd like to see the situation in which Elhokar's son is in Urithiru and Adolin is forced to look after him for a while. He would be all "This kid is some kind of a hyper-active skyeel! How in the name of Almighty I'm supposed to deal with him?!" only to hear Dalinar, Navani and Jasnah (in unison) saying: "You were even worse". At this point Renarin bursts out laughing :lol:

There was a discussion on Tarah at some point on the forum. My interest was caught then. I am not found of the Kaladin/Shallan union, but that's not to say I do not want Kaladin to end up with someone. I thus figured my best luck was to pair him with the woman he claimed to have once loved. She is more then a memory... He has hold her close to him and failed to say the right words in time. I always read between the lines there and assumed more went on. He also said she was the one to rescue him from over training following Tien's death. I am thinking she was important, to him, at some point.

But hey we are getting 8 more books... I doubt we are not going to get any new characters.... but probably not in the next book or two are we already have a lot. I could be wrong, so your idea could still live on.

I don't think he ever claimed to love her (but I may be forgetting something), though it is rather obvious conclusion... As to failing to say the right words on time - that's your interpretation, we only know he failed her somehow but in a different way than the others (who died). While your idea is very valid, it's not completely sure ;) Of course she was important, the question is - is she going to appear again and if so is she going to still be important to him? I think my only real issue with this is that whenever Tarah appears in the books, she and Kaladin will already have a history together so everything in their relationship will be worked out from there. And I really like it much, much more to see the love blossoming directly on page - not rekindling of a feeling that was there before... :ph34r:

All of my ideas have something around 1% of credibility - it could be possible, but not a chance it will happen :lol: But still, I like them... And I guess there's nothing wrong in hoping I will be right in something (not necessarily this, but something).

Oh, I'd like to see the situation in which Elhokar's son is in Urithiru and Adolin is forced to look after him for a while. He would be all "This kid is some kind of a hyper-active skyeel! How in the name of Almighty I'm supposed to deal with him?!" only to hear Dalinar, Navani and Jasnah (in unison) saying: "You were even worse". At this point Renarin bursts out laughing :lol:

Adolin stared horrified as the little boy stubbornly climbed over the coach in an attempt to reach the decorative sword on the wall. Didn't he just forbidden him to do just that? He had turned his back, one second, and where was the miserable wreck of a kid? Back on the coach, still trying to touch the storming sword. A storming sword! It may not be sharp, but it sure was heavy... What if the thing was to fall on him?

He ran to the kid with an even more horrified expression: "Kid, I told you not to climb on the coach and not to touch the sword! This is not a toy".

He grabbed the kid by the waist and promptly removed him from the impending danger.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" yelled the boy as he twisted in his arms like mad cremling going as far as slapping him in the face. Slapping him! A kid. He has just slapped him. Didn't his parents told him not to slap grown ups? Or anyone for that matter?

"Do not slap. Storm kid. I can't let you climb over the coach: you are going to hurt yourself."

The boy turned over on his arm and pointed aggressively towards the sword on the wall: "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Sword."

Didn't he just heard what he has said? "No it is not yours. It is a DECORATIVE sword, not a play thing. If you want a sword, here take this one" he told him as he awkwardly tried to pick the small wooden sword the boy had dropped on the floor in the ordeal.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo." The kid not only refused the sword, he trust it across the room. It landed on the decorative vase which toppled over and broke, of course, in thousand of pieces.

"Look what you did!" said Adolin dumbstruck as he hold the kid at the end of his arms. "You broke aunt Navani's vase. Alright. Tell you a secret..." he looked sideways to see if anyone was hearing, "it was ugly and I sure won't miss it, but you can't go around breaking things!"

This time, the kid looked at him, quietly, then pointed towards the broken glass on the floor and... cried.

No. Not crying.

"Please....." said Adolin pleadingly. "Do not cry".

And with this, the door burst open letting Dalinar, Navani and Renarin trailing behind in. All seemed to look from the mess on the floor to the crying kid in Adolin arms back and forth as if trying to piece out what happened.

"I didn't mean it to happen this way! I swear." said Adolin briskly, "But this kid, I mean, he.... he's possessed. Yeah. That must be it."

Navani quickly went to relieve Adolin from holding the child, cupped him in her arms and immediately quieted the thing down, to Adolin most utter disbelief. How did she just managed that? He stared at his father stoic expression and suddenly, he was 6 years old again.

"It was an accident......" he said in a small voice.

With this, Dalinar burst out laughing, laughing so hard he had to hold his ribs. Renarin, on his side, chuckled silently.

"What did I do?" asked Adolin again.

"I didn't think I would see this happen again" responded Dalinar, wiping his eyes with his coat's sleeve.

"What? WHAT?"

"You. This. Oh storm." and he slapped amiably his son on the back, "Storming kid. I have lost count of how many vases you have broke this way...."

"And statues" added Renarin, "Do not forget the statues. He tried to pass it as an accident, but truth is, he had been climbing on top of it, not matter how many times I told him it was not such a good idea..."

"The statues? No. NO. That was an accident. Not my fault. I swear." he said staring down at the floor making his feet follow imaginary lines. He has never been so embarrassed in his whole life. His family. They are laughing. Of him.

"They were unsteady...." he added. "Would you just all stop laughing. If not for me that kid would have made the wall sword toppled over him!"

Upon hearing this, Navani, who had sit on the coach, the little boy happily curled up in her arms. "I seem to recall a time where you did just that...."

More laughter. That's it. They all are against him, but storm it, that was not his fault. The thing had not been properly secured to the wall and besides, who let's a kid play with decorative swords anyway?

Edited by maxal

Wow :lol:  That's awesome! I can totally see this happening!

The child is completely calm in Navani's arm, Dalinar and Renarin managed to pull themselves together and stop laughing, Adolin stands grumpily, mentally cursing that storming kid. The doors open. Jasnah enters the room and takes in her surrounding. Her eyes widen at the sight of chaos.

"Not again!" she moans, covering her eyes with her hand.

Renarin starts to chuckle again. He has heard the story of how Adolin tortured Jasnah when she was forced to babysit him. Or, to be exact, many similar stories...

Navani smiles mischievously.

"Jasnah, dear, since Adolin has proven to be completely unreliable and incapable of watching over a child, mostly due to his mindset being very similar to his supposed charge's..."

Adolin grimaces.

"Mashala! Please..." He tries to cover his embarassed blush. He has had enough of being laughed at.

"...we are left without a responsible person to look after your nephew this evening" continued Navani, ignoring Adolin completely. She had a better idea now. "So I thought maybe you could..."

Jasnah paled. She only came to this room to ask Navani where she has placed a book she needed. She didn't expect to find this! The whole sight reminded her way too much of one of those feral evenings when she was forced to somehow contain a certain blond bundle of energy. She looked at her nephew horrified. The boy seemed to realize this, as he directed his gaze at her and beamed happily.

"Jasnah! Jasnah!" he shrieked in joy. "Jasnah huggie!" he added, making grabby motions with his hand in her direction.

If that was possible, Jasnah paled even more. She stood there for a while, frozen, until she rapidly turned around and left the room. She barely stopped herself from running, trying to save some of her dignity.

"Noooooooooooooooo! Jasnah back! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" screamed the toddler.

The princess quickened her steps.

"Jasnah, where are your manners?" asked Navani loudly.

"How can you be like that?" joined in Dalinar. "You are breaking the poor child's heart!" His words were backed up by another wail.

"You should be ashamed" chimed in Renarin.

Jasnah stopped and looked back. She cringed slightly at the sight of her covered in tears and snot nephew motioning in her direction.

"I have important work to do" she claimed, fighting to keep her voie even.

"What could be more important than your own family?" asked Navani.

Jasnah looked from her mother to her uncle and cousins. One glance at Adolin's face brought back all the times he managed to unleash the sheer force of Damnation in her presence years ago.

"No" she said. "Never again. I'm not spending time with any child named Kholin ever again!"

With that she turned around and left quickly. Her dignity forgotten anyways.

The other four Kholins looked at each other and bursted out laughing, while Navani coaxed her grandson to calm down.

"You know, Adolin" started Dalinar, barely able to speak between bursts of laughter. "It's your fault she's like that."

Adolin scowled. Renarin looked at his brother, completely aghast.

"What have you done to her anwyay? I've never seen Jasnah like that!" he claimed, shocked.

Dalinar intended to recall one of the most colorful stories and Adolin was getting ready to defend what's left of his dignity, when Navani butted in the conversation.

"Now, gentlemen..." she started, accompanied by the prince's soft sobs how "Jasnah doesn't love him at all". "We still need someone to watch over him this evening. We already decided that Adolin is not a good choice, so..." Her gave wandered towards the other two.

Renarin immediately backed away.

"I would be honored, but I have duty with Bridge 4 today, so..." With that he bowed and escaped the room.

Dalinar was desperately looking for an excuse, as he has had enough of hyper-active children ever since his own son grew up.

"Well, dear, I'm afraid I have some duties to attend to..." He looked to Adolin for help.

Now, Adolin honestly considered leaving him alone to this as a revenge from laughing at him, but eventually he decided it's too harsh of a punishment. He smirked mischievously.

"Of Bridge 4 speaking... What about we dump the kid on Bridgeboy's head?"

• Chaos locked this topic