What next?

melissabaker

Hi!  I was introduced to Mr. Sanderson's writing initially when I finished reading the Wheel of Time series.  I was impressed that the story picked up a lot!  My sister introduced me to Mistborn, and I have read that trilogy and the first two Stormlight Archive books, both of which I loved (Stormlight more).  I would like to read more from the Cosmere, but I am horrible at making decisions.  For those of you who have read a lot of Sanderson's works, what series would you recommend reading next?  Thanks so much for your time!

Welcome to the forums!

Well I suppose the natural choice is to read the Alloy of Law Mistborn book, as it's the last of the set so far and you've already read the trilogy. It's a bit of a lighter mystery/adventure story set a few hundred years after the end of Hero of Ages.

As a fellow newbie, welcome! 

I'd concur with Kurkistan and our friendly moderator, Moogle. After reading the Stormlight Archive books and then the Mistborn trilogy, I picked up Alloy of Law. Now I'm reading Warbreaker and after just discovering this forum, I'm now engrossing myself in an effort to sleuth through a mystery/did-you-catch-it-scenario that Mr. Sanderson mentioned about Warbreaker. Fun times!

Just copied and pasted this from another post of mine, so take it for what it's worth.  You've read some of these I know.

Cosmere Novels:

• You've already read Stormlight Archive, which you know had to be read in order (Way of Kings, Words of Radiance).
  • You can read Warbreaker as a stand-alone novel. Read Szeth's last scene from WoR again before/after reading Warbreaker.
  • Elantris should probably be read before Emperor's Soul, but it's not essential. This is Brandon's first published book and I enjoyed it a lot, though don't expect it to be as good as SA.
  • The Mistborn series should be read in order (The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension, The Hero of Ages) followed by The Allow of Law which takes place a few hundred years after the first trilogy. Mistborn is my favorite series behind Stormlight Archive.

Non-Cosmere Novels:

• Steelheart should be read before the new Firefight novel.
  • The Rithmatist can be read as a stand-alone novel.
  • I haven't read the Alcatraz or Infinity Blade books yet, so I'll have to bow to the wisdom of others there.
  • The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson is another 14-book series (it's completed) that will keep you occupied for a while and is extremely good. It must be read in order and starts with The Eye of the World.