Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

4 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:
  1. Swan - Smoker
  2. Zebra - Coinshot
  3. Lion - Soother
  4. Ostrich - Vanilla

Dunno if anyone else cares to role claim but at this point we could theoretically start trying to distro solve

You can add Cham thug! The Smokers helped versus the Seeker too! 

inb4 Penguin is the vote manip you trust 

Megapooooost

Sorry this is later than I wanted, I had to fix something real quick.

9 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

im thinking about why would penguin endanger themselves to create another tie? an elim would die either way.

... I'm trying to parse this and it's not going well. I think the D1 E!Penguin argument is I'm voting alongside Vulture while only Villagers are voting me, and the D1 V!Penguin argument is that there was no Elim interference to save me unless you think E!Ostrich, and I think the consensus is pretty far from that.

9 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

Also for everyone talking about potential vote manip on D1 wrt Penguin- Penguin wasn't a wagon that was in contention for the entire day. They only showed up as an option about 30 minutes before EoD. 30 Minutes doesn't give people a lot of time to submit manip actions if they aren't on already.

Is there someone who rioted a vote onto penguin on D1? because people are acting like they know multiple manip actions happened. As someone who doesn't know any roles, has no claims, did not PM people, it's very annoying to read posts where people say things as if they should be common knowledge while specifically not explaining anything about it.

You've been tracking votes and things, do you happen to have who was online at that time?

9 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Penguin was saved d1 by ostrich EoD voting ivory. Penguin and Ostrich could be e/e

Penguin said they have a non-coinshot, non-mistborn, non-seeker, non-vanilla role. They also said not to send the coinshot after them.

Penguin's "analysis" posts consists of one post counting the number of times someone said the word falcon (and making a poe out of it) and reposting all the vote counts.

Penguin's Reasons for voting me d3 seemed insubstantial, and came off to me as "I'm going to vote chameleon anyways but let me attach my master's thesis to it"

Penguin defended Vulture when they had a vote removed from them, and I think we can assume the elims have a soother as well, or a mistborn who drew brass.

Verdict: Penguin is elim

I'm not starting the Penguin Is Elim Counter again, but let's see from here.

Yes, Ostrich could have saved me. Aside from that, do you have any reason for Ostrich to be Elim? Because they were the main pusher of Vulture last turn, and that's enough reason for a good bit of trust from me.

As others have said, I've done more than that. NKA analysis isn't perfect but it does exist, and for what it's worth it did pick out Vulture as a Falcon shooter.

I stand by the vote. Your flip would still be illuminating, and your Mistborn-that-was-Seeked claim wasn't holding up. I'm not pushing it anymore because I see it more as an unsuccessful gambit than as a backtracked claim, and because I honestly believe an Elim wouldn't do that. Were they incredibly detailed reasons? Maybe not. But they were reasons, and I had reasons for making them a bit hedgy - I was looking for the one person I thought could be the Seeker and be a Villager at the same time.

I see that less of a defense of Vulture and more a suspicion of Iguana. Or, more accurately, a suspicion of the Soother who saved Vulture, who I suspected either was or was talking with Iguana. (And, as we'll get to, Lion claimed that Soothing.)

8 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Fine then. Give me a case on why Penguin is village, then.

Additionally, if Ostrich had better/prior communication with Tuatara, they could've rioted one vote on penguin to a no vote.

Again, rioting a smoked target makes you lose you vote, so I agree with the conclusion that Tuatara didn't riot D1

I'm trying to figure out if this is E!Reading me for not getting saved by Elim vote manip.

8 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

Also just kinda wondering why no one's used the fact that I like, soothed a vote off vullture, as like, a point to push on me for.

Opal Lion!

... well, I wish you'd claimed last night turn instead of after Vulture flipped Elim. But... hmm. Less suspicions of a potential Soother than some others. Opal Lion.

6 hours ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

Important to note in Spiked posts is when they group a bunch of players together and make a distinction or a differentiation out from one of them, it usually hints at the presence of a Spiked teammate in that bunch. In this instance, they group Dragonfly and Penguin together but makes it a point to condemn Dragonfly with an addition statement. They end this post with a vote on Dragonfly as well. Not a good look for Penguin. 

Huh. Hadn't noticed that.

6 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Why have you village read his posting? Because you're basically grasping at straws to read penguin village.

Tbh ostrich being evil is entirely defined by the EoD vote, which I reread and it turns out it was a misinput, and also, since ostrich knew about the gambit ahead of time (sorta), that would've meant penguin wouldn't be searching for a false seeker in PMs if they're e/e.

In other words, I think Ostrich penguin not e/e

So in that point of view, the Elims did nothing to save E!me D1? Lion's right that I wasn't an exe candidate until late D1, but iirc Vulture's vote on Dragonfly was far before then, would have to double check.

6 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Chartreuse Penguin: Non-coinshot, non-mistborn, non-vanilla, non-seeker role

Role claims thus far 

Yes, because you claimed you knew a Coinshot N1 and were looking for reasons for them not kill me then.

Not going to claim in a megapost but might soon, a few people know / knew. (Translation: Mouse knew, and may have told half the Village)

5 hours ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

At this point because you think he isn't 😛

Don't think this is a great reason to V!read me honestly.

5 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I did

Tbh another suspicion of penguin is that they aren't responding to when I case them

Because mafia hate being tunneled because they can't say anything because they know the tunneler is right

It's obvious

The post you linked was about me, not about Beagle. I don't think I've seen much on Beagle's response besides that you V!Read them.

At that point in time I was either asleep or eating lunch. And for the past few hours I was dealing with personal things. I can't respond to a large series of posts at the drop of a hat.

5 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Do you disagree with my assessment that your case isn't very good? I mean, obviously. But you didn't comment specifically on why, you just keep repeating that you're right which is extremely unhelpful. I think you're village but I definitely think you're tunneling here. That case of yours is very much grasping at straws and, in some instances, is blatantly false. If you think I'm wrong about your case, then please explain why in real terms.

Not responding to cases is extremely NAI, at least for me, especially when I don't think they're very good. e!me gets tilted when someone is tunneling me and responds more.

Albatross. Can't remember if they have votes but they do now.

^This, mostly.

Not sure what my responding to case meta is. Probably more than normal, depending on a few things.

4 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

i unfortunately have been informed all too many identities and assume that everybody knows my own. meow.

For what it's worth, no idea who you are. I have a guess for... I think 2 dead and 3 living? But I prefer not to go with those in the spirit of an Anon game.

(I think most players know who I am at this point, I haven't exactly been subtle about it. Could even make some arguments on my actions based on it, especially one specific one. But again, would prefer not to at this point.)

4 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Hi, I’m here now. 

The reason I was not defending myself is because I was asleep :P

Will get to that in a moment.

Oof that was 4 hours ago. IRL go brrr.

Going to post this and then continue re-reading from this point.

6 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Megapooooost

Sorry this is later than I wanted, I had to fix something real quick.

... I'm trying to parse this and it's not going well. I think the D1 E!Penguin argument is I'm voting alongside Vulture while only Villagers are voting me, and the D1 V!Penguin argument is that there was no Elim interference to save me unless you think E!Ostrich, and I think the consensus is pretty far from that.

You've been tracking votes and things, do you happen to have who was online at that time?

I'm not starting the Penguin Is Elim Counter again, but let's see from here.

Yes, Ostrich could have saved me. Aside from that, do you have any reason for Ostrich to be Elim? Because they were the main pusher of Vulture last turn, and that's enough reason for a good bit of trust from me.

As others have said, I've done more than that. NKA analysis isn't perfect but it does exist, and for what it's worth it did pick out Vulture as a Falcon shooter.

I stand by the vote. Your flip would still be illuminating, and your Mistborn-that-was-Seeked claim wasn't holding up. I'm not pushing it anymore because I see it more as an unsuccessful gambit than as a backtracked claim, and because I honestly believe an Elim wouldn't do that. Were they incredibly detailed reasons? Maybe not. But they were reasons, and I had reasons for making them a bit hedgy - I was looking for the one person I thought could be the Seeker and be a Villager at the same time.

I see that less of a defense of Vulture and more a suspicion of Iguana. Or, more accurately, a suspicion of the Soother who saved Vulture, who I suspected either was or was talking with Iguana. (And, as we'll get to, Lion claimed that Soothing.)

I'm trying to figure out if this is E!Reading me for not getting saved by Elim vote manip.

Opal Lion!

... well, I wish you'd claimed last night turn instead of after Vulture flipped Elim. But... hmm. Less suspicions of a potential Soother than some others. Opal Lion.

Huh. Hadn't noticed that.

So in that point of view, the Elims did nothing to save E!me D1? Lion's right that I wasn't an exe candidate until late D1, but iirc Vulture's vote on Dragonfly was far before then, would have to double check.

Yes, because you claimed you knew a Coinshot N1 and were looking for reasons for them not kill me then.

Not going to claim in a megapost but might soon, a few people know / knew. (Translation: Mouse knew, and may have told half the Village)

Don't think this is a great reason to V!read me honestly.

The post you linked was about me, not about Beagle. I don't think I've seen much on Beagle's response besides that you V!Read them.

At that point in time I was either asleep or eating lunch. And for the past few hours I was dealing with personal things. I can't respond to a large series of posts at the drop of a hat.

^This, mostly.

Not sure what my responding to case meta is. Probably more than normal, depending on a few things.

For what it's worth, no idea who you are. I have a guess for... I think 2 dead and 3 living? But I prefer not to go with those in the spirit of an Anon game.

(I think most players know who I am at this point, I haven't exactly been subtle about it. Could even make some arguments on my actions based on it, especially one specific one. But again, would prefer not to at this point.)

Oof that was 4 hours ago. IRL go brrr.

Going to post this and then continue re-reading from this point.

i swear ive been so obvious as to my ID. also, im just gonna stick with my vote for now.

3 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

no, because I wasn't until like, late D2 iirc and even if I was thats not something I ever track. usually.

4 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Amber voted Ivory when the wagons were 3/3/2 and a whole buncha 1s, emerald/meerkat/iguana

Most likely reads to me as trying to stay off of village wagons

Just now, Salmon Meerkat said:

i swear ive been so obvious as to my ID. also, im just gonna stick with my vote for now.

I mean I have no clue who you are but also I don't really care since it's an anon game

7 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I'd appreciate if you would! 

In part because I think somebody is secretly an e!Mistborn! We had one, why don't they get one! 

1 minute ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

I can't keep people straight when they change their pfp, much less names and accounts. 

1 minute ago, Quartz Zebra said:

In part because I think somebody is secretly an e!Mistborn! We had one, why don't they get one! 

I can't keep people straight when they change their pfp, much less names and accounts. 

we've taken down... 4? that leaves a decent shot here for mis exeing.

oh thats nice.

4 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

I think one of Cham/Beagle is Spiked, and one or both of Penguin/Alb are Spiked. I think you (Iguana), Zebra, Heron, Meerkat, and Ostrich are village. And Lion, though I can't quite remember why.

Which means that I don't have thoughts on Kanga and Scorpion, of the other people that have posted this page. Would probably execute Scorpion over Kanga if I had to make a call this instant, for the Hyena vote. But they probably have more relevant stuff that I haven't really read yet.

Curious why you think Penguin and Alb could both be Spiked. I pushed Alb when Vulture was up for the exe and I was under my own somewhat-pressure from Chameleon. I feel like E!Penguin would have just sat on the Heron exe.

3 hours ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

FTR Lion claimed Soother to me almost immediately after Heron flipped, and that caused me to start doubting e!Vulture and e!Iguana. I was planning on not sharing that w/ the class to see if any elims would jump on either wagon today, but as soon as Vulture and Tuatara flipped red, I'm no longer sure what to believe. My points on e!Iguana still stand from the previous night. Does look like blatant teammate saving even without the Soother also being elim. So sorry Iguana if you really are the unluckiest villager in the world, but imo your D3 vote record is hard to ignore.

Penguin is still fine to me. I don't think D1 is as damning as Cham finds it. Especially since a villager (me) is the only reason Dragonfly died instead of Penguin. Very much feel like someone else would have intervened in some capacity. Plus, as Scorp pointed out, Penguin has done more analysis than I remember e!Penguin doing in past games.

Tbh I go back and forth on Alb a lot. Tonally / gut wise, I want to say they are village, but it's not a strong read that I'm unwilling to exe them, hence my current vote.

I'm also not too concerned about us MLing at this point. IMO there are 2 elims left (6 feels too much to me w/ a Spiked Thug on the team). So with enough flips this feels very winnable

Good to know on Lion.

I'm also not too concerned about a ML (including a ML on me, potentially) but probably not good to push our luck. Zebra might misfire or Elephant, Crocodile, and friends could fall Village to the Activity Filter.

2 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Do we know who removed the vote from Meerkat D1! I've been village reading that test of their role, so come take credit! 

*Doubt*

2 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Why did you quote the whole thing

2 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

no, because I wasn't until like, late D2 iirc and even if I was thats not something I ever track. usually.

Fair enough. I swear someone tracked who was online at one point (I do too, sometimes, though I've gotten burned by it) but no idea who it was.

Just now, Quartz Zebra said:

Yeah I think it makes sense now.

For those who don't know, I'm Smoker Four. Or Smoker Two, technically, because I think I claimed to Mouse before Hyena flipped and definitely before Weasel did, then Mouse mentioned knowing 3 Smoker claims/flips somewhere before Weasel died. One of the reasons I was more concerned about Seekers and Vote Manipulators than I might have been before. One of the Vulture voters was Smoked, so there could have been a bigger push there. Or not, no real way to know.

Just now, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Curious why you think Penguin and Alb could both be Spiked. I pushed Alb when Vulture was up for the exe and I was under my own somewhat-pressure from Chameleon. I feel like E!Penguin would have just sat on the Heron exe.

Good to know on Lion.

I'm also not too concerned about a ML (including a ML on me, potentially) but probably not good to push our luck. Zebra might misfire or Elephant, Crocodile, and friends could fall Village to the Activity Filter.

*Doubt*

Why did you quote the whole thing

Fair enough. I swear someone tracked who was online at one point (I do too, sometimes, though I've gotten burned by it) but no idea who it was.

Yeah I think it makes sense now.

For those who don't know, I'm Smoker Four. Or Smoker Two, technically, because I think I claimed to Mouse before Hyena flipped and definitely before Weasel did, then Mouse mentioned knowing 3 Smoker claims/flips somewhere before Weasel died. One of the reasons I was more concerned about Seekers and Vote Manipulators than I might have been before. One of the Vulture voters was Smoked, so there could have been a bigger push there. Or not, no real way to know.

bc im lazy : >

8 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

For the most part I haven't been trying to work out specific connections between players, with this many players alive that seems beyond me. I independently found the two of you suspicious. Perhaps if one of the two of you is confirmed Spiked I'll reconsider about the other.

16 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

It’s not. Cham was just annoying me a bit there, so I felt like being pithy 😛

Tbh I've given up on pursuing penguin since no one seems to follow

6 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

… I mean, Lion can test it if they want to :P

Do you have your copper cloud on?

27 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Sus claim kill on sight

…Not actually. But you know :P.

Claiming does not require maiming, thank you very much

Just now, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

N3 Aman certainly thought so. D4 Aman expects a monkey wrench