Kelsier

Endnighthazer

One thing I think is important to note is that this book basically confirms Kelsier probably doesn't have a Dawnshard. Nomad mentions that he was 38 when he stopped aging due to the Dawnshard, and he's probably in his twenties in Stormlight so far. This means that he at most had the Dawnshard for ~18 years before it took affect. If Kelsier did get a "Survive" Dawnshard in Secret History - during mistborn era 1 - he would've had it for at least 350~ years by era 2 and it definitely would've affected him, but he doesn't show any signs of a Torment or immortality or anything else when we see him in Lost Metal.

Basically, I think that Kelsier's lack of any signs of change due to a Dawnshard means that he most likely doesn't have one, when compared to Zellion's timeline. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 9:55 PM, Endnighthazer said:

If Kelsier did get a "Survive" Dawnshard in Secret History - during mistborn era 1 - he would've had it for at least 350~ years by era 2 and it definitely would've affected him, but he doesn't show any signs of a Torment or immortality or anything else when we see him in Lost Metal.

I think that every Dawnshard has a different effect on the user, just like how shards of Adonalsium effect the vessel. The effect of the Dawnshard Sigzil had may be different from the potential "Survive" Dawnshard and maybe the effects just aren't noticable from an outside perspective.

7 hours ago, CoatRackHoid said:

I think that every Dawnshard has a different effect on the user, just like how shards of Adonalsium effect the vessel. The effect of the Dawnshard Sigzil had may be different from the potential "Survive" Dawnshard and maybe the effects just aren't noticable from an outside perspective.

One little thing, he never experienced any of the same effects as Rysn got from just holding a Dawnshard, through it amplifying her own Innate Investiture I believe. Kelsier never got that, he never got any Heightening effects which are a confirmed universal effect of Dawnshards.

Here's a WOB

Spoiler

The21stPotato

Can you tell us the equivalent Heightening she [Rysn] now has? She seems to be at least Third Heightening equivalent but I'm not sure how much else she has gained from holding a Dawnshard. Do ALL Dawnshards grant these Heightening-like effects?

Brandon Sanderson

All Dawnshards would grant the same effects in this regard.

As for specifics, I think I'll leave that as what is mentioned in the text, for now. (Sorry.)

It also never amplified his Allomancy, which would have been very useful to prevent his own death and such.

So no, Kelser is and was never a Dawnshard, but he could still potentially pick one up in the future.