Mistborn videgame being announced next month

Thorondir

I read this on twitter updates on homepage and found it pretty interesting.

(Quote)BrandSanderson Thu Jan 19

For those curious, I did finish the video game work I needed to do last night, and am back at work on the #WoT revision today.

nathan_k Thu Jan 19

@BrandSanderson Is someone developing a Mistborn game?

BrandSanderson Fri Jan 20

@nathan_k Yes. Announcement should come next month.(Quote)

http://brandonsanderson.com/article/101/Tweets-January-16-24-2012

I can't wait to see what the game will look and see the city of Luthadel as it will place sveral cenuries before the books.

Edited by Thorondir

If you want some more details, go to the home page and read this month's week, I meant week, Around the Cosmere. It's got some more information about the game.

EDIT- *sigh* I need more sleep....

Oh, and you accidentally posted this topic twice, so I deleted the other one.

Do we have any speculation on the system, story or style?

IIRC, it's on 360, PS3 and PC. Story takes place ~200 years after the Lord Ruler's ascension, though no idea other than that (and Sanderson is writing it). That time frame leaves a lot of options for the story, anywhere from a House War to subterfuge to a full war with large armies. I don't think we have anything style-wise.

One thing to keep in mind about this, is that the Lord Ruler wasn't in complete control of the Final Empire yet. Resistance lasted for several centuries. I would love to rebellion and battle, but if we do it will likely be confined to the city. That's where Allomancy is at its finest, and Mistborn is designed to be urban fantasy after all.

One thing to keep in mind about this, is that the Lord Ruler wasn't in complete control of the Final Empire yet. Resistance lasted for several centuries. I would love to rebellion and battle, but if we do it will likely be confined to the city. That's where Allomancy is at its finest, and Mistborn is designed to be urban fantasy after all.

I had assumed that the game would be a doomed attempt to stop the Lord Ruler (or, as they knew him then, The Conqueror) from taking over the world, probably ending with sending some sort of hope into the future (which might tie in to some plot point from the original trilogy, or even foreshadow events in a later one).

Do we know who's developing it? I haven't heard anything about it other than it's happening. I want to take a shot in the dark and guess that Ubisoft has picked it up for the sole reason that every time I imagine the MB video game I picture something incredibly similar to Assassins Creed, but with magic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic