Is First lobster hoid?

bmcclure7

That was my impression, although the only evidence I have to go on personally is that idk who else could have introduced them to a Yolish name. I suppose it's possible it was a dragon but the connection between Sig and Hoid is impossible to ignore so I'm leaning towards the 1st lodestar indeed being Hoid

Oh, the spelling! I'm sorry, it's just... a bit much.

I get where you're coming from, and I thought of it too, but I don't think so. His name is Zellion - but that doesn't tell us much, because Hoid has many names. But I think Brandon is trying to get Nomad out of Hoid's shadow, not keep him in.

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Oh, the spelling! I'm sorry, it's just... a bit much.

I get where you're coming from, and I thought of it too, but I don't think so. His name is Zellion - but that doesn't tell us much, because Hoid has many names. But I think Brandon is trying to get Nomad out of Hoid's shadow, not keep him in.

But it would be poetic since Nomad is the the second lobestar.

Just now, bmcclure7 said:

But it would be poetic since Nomad is the the second lobestar.

Well, yes and... no. The first lodestar led them to this planet and will forever be a pillar of their culture. Nomad - the second Zellion - saved them from a tyrant and showed them a new way of life, which is... still a tad less than showing them a new planet and teaching them their faith.

The mere fact they named him after the first Zellion equates them - but at the same time, it puts Nomad partly in the first Zellion's shadow. If it's just a Yolish worldhopper - be it a dragon, a member of the 17th Shard or whoever - I think it's fine. But it being Hoid all over again would be so frustrating - like wherever he goes, Hoid has already been there and done that.