Policy on cosmere and not-in-book spoilers?

shdwfeather

Hello folks, long time lurker first time poster.

I was mucking about in the Coppermind editing and adding content and I was wondering what the site policy was on cosmere spoilers and information wrested from Brandon through non-book sources such as signings and interviews.

For example, on the article about the Seventeenth Shard, I added content about their appearance in the WoK interlude and the confirmed identities of Grump and Thinker. I figured this was acceptable since it's hard to talk about cosmere-related things without spoilers in general.

However, what of when there is information on non-cosmere articles? For example, it was recently confirmed that

Taravangian's fluctuating IQ is because of his visit to the Nightwatcher.

Is it acceptable to put this information in Taravangian's wiki page?

Is there some sort of system for Major Spoilers a la the Stormlight Archive Wiki?

Short answer: all known information is acceptable to add to the wiki. There is not a system for major spoilers. Basically, the Coppermind is a source for all known knowledge, so you are always welcome to add it. Citations are preferred, but some articles have true information that has not been cited. That's okay. If it is true and pertains to an article, I feel that it should go in the wiki. So, go for it :)

Are you sure that

Taravangian visited the Nightwatcher? I believe the quote was that he had the Old Magic, which is why his IQ fluctuates. I know that many believe the Old Magic to be from the Nightwatcher, but I don't think that's confirmed.

Are you sure that

Taravangian visited the Nightwatcher? I believe the quote was that he had the Old Magic, which is why his IQ fluctuates. I know that many believe the Old Magic to be from the Nightwatcher, but I don't think that's confirmed.

Good point, you are right. It's the Old Magic, explicitly, that is doing that. The specifics aren't quite clear beyond that, since we know little of Old Magic.