Intro, sup.

Sloth

Hi guys, I'm new. First time registering to a book website. Don't know really how to do this kind of stuff. So yeah. Just finished words of radiance, anyone wants to direct me to another book? I'm looking for a series hopefully, got disappointed that stormlight archives is still at book 2, didn't know that it's a new series. Enough talk, so, Mistborn a good book? I don't want to invest on something that are not better on way of kings or words of radiance. Thanks

Just copied this from my last intro post! Any of these are good. The first 3 Mistborn books are a completed series.

Cosmere Novels:

• You've already read Stormlight Archive, which you know had to be read in order (Way of Kings, Words of Radiance).
  • You can read Warbreaker as a stand-alone novel. Read Szeth's last scene from WoR again before/after reading Warbreaker.
  • Elantris should probably be read before Emperor's Soul, but it's not essential. This is Brandon's first published book and I enjoyed it a lot, though don't expect it to be as good as SA.
  • The Mistborn series should be read in order (The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension, The Hero of Ages) followed by The Allow of Law which takes place a few hundred years after the first trilogy. Mistborn is my favorite series behind Stormlight Archive.

Non-Cosmere Novels:

• Steelheart should be read before the new Firefight novel.
  • The Rithmatist can be read as a stand-alone novel.
  • I haven't read the Alcatraz or Infinity Blade books yet, so I'll have to bow to the wisdom of others there.
  • The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson is another 14-book series (it's completed) that will keep you occupied for a while and is extremely good. It must be read in order and starts with The Eye of the World.
Edited by navybrandt

• The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson is another 14-book series (it's completed) that will keep you occupied for a while and is extremely good. It must be read in order and starts with The Eye of the World.

no offense but I purchased this book, and I can't understand it, I stopped at the one when they are waiting for fireworks. I swapped this for a sot book I think, w/c sucked at book 3.

Thanks for replying on the thread navybandit, I really appreciate it.

Welcome friend! Take an upvote smile.png  And if you want a complete series than yes, the mistborn trilogy should be your next stop smile.png

What do you mean by upvote? :P Thanks, gonna look for a mistborn book. Regards!

Those Green and Red arrows at the bottom right of posts, those let you give upvotes/downvotes. They determine your rep, the numbers beneath the profile pictures. In this community we focus on upvotes and only downvote something if it is very offensive or a spambot.

Those Green and Red arrows at the bottom right of posts, those let you give upvotes/downvotes. They determine your rep, the numbers beneath the profile pictures. In this community we focus on upvotes and only downvote something if it is very offensive or a spambot.

And if someone overtakes Brandon or Peters rep count :P

We're looking at you Kobold!

no offense but I purchased this book, and I can't understand it, I stopped at the one when they are waiting for fireworks. I swapped this for a sot book I think, w/c sucked at book 3.

Wheel of Time does a descent job of explaining things once you get into it. It started out a bit slow for me too, but if you can make it to about page 80, it gets really good and doesn't stop. You did start with The Eye of the World right? Some people complain that it's slow towards the middle of the series, but if your expectations are such, it's still very good - especially the last 3 books ^_^.

Some books just don't do it for some people though. I personally could never make it through Lord of the Rings. I know it's a good story, but it bored me to tears. I recommend you read Mistborn and the rest of the Cosmere books, then give Wheel of Time another shot.

Edited by navybrandt

Wheel of Time does a descent job of explaining things once you get into it. It started out a bit slow for me too, but if you can make it to about page 80, it gets really good and doesn't stop. You did start with The Eye of the World right? Some people complain that it's slow towards the middle of the series, but if your expectations are such, it's still very good - especially the last 3 books ^_^.

Some books just don't do it for some people though. I personally could never make it through Lord of the Rings. I know it's a good story, but it bored me to tears. I recommend you read Mistborn and the rest of the Cosmere books, then give Wheel of Time another shot.

I agree about the Wheel of Time. The first book did not hook me up either, the second one did. The first was mostly setting for the major plot that would unfold in the next 13 books :ph34r: And the last three are awesome: Brandon is such a talented character writer he made me like Rand again :o I loved his work with WoT so much I decided to dig into his own personal work. Reading WoT is an enterprise by itself, but the trip is worth it, I find, even if some books are lagging in the middle. It is not so much of a hindrance when you have not waited for the said book to get out for the last 3 years...

Lord of the Rings is, I believe, a book one should read early one when discovering fantasy, perhaps as a teenager. Once you have read more recent and more profound books, LoTR comes out as very cartesian which its black or white description of the world. The numerous songs can also be tedious to read. There is also the issue the most interesting character (well for me that is) gets kill of early on :o . However, I have read LoTR as a young teenager and I have loved it so much, I re-read it numerous time of the years. I did not know at the time there were other (better) books of similar genre....................... Silly me :ph34r:

You might have problems if you won't read anything worse than Words of Radiance. It's the last book Brandon has released, and he has been getting better ever since his first book - so anything else you read by him will likely feel (slightly?) less polished. 

You might have problems if you won't read anything worse than Words of Radiance. It's the last book Brandon has released, and he has been getting better ever since his first book - so anything else you read by him will likely feel (slightly?) less polished. 

Yeah, you're right about that. Thanks for pointing that out Argent! 

• Chaos locked this topic