Skittles of Shadesmar

ChocolateRob

A month or two ago I saw an advert for Skittles on TV which had two distinct effects on me. You've probably seen it, the Midas themed one where the guy is depressed that he can't touch anything without turning them into skittles. He tries to answer the phone and it turns into a pile of skittles, he gets frustrated and touches his desk; it collapses into a cascade of coloured candy.

First and most obviously it reminded me how much I love skittles, they're yummy. Normally I skip or mute all adverts but this one actually got to me. I've tasted many a rainbow in recent weeks (you know, the skittley type, not the other type... not that there's anything wrong with... you know what, never mind).

Secondly though I was thinking 'So that's what its like to fall into Shadesmar'. Everything around you losing it's form as it collapses into a sea of tiny beads. Except of course a wee bit more colourful.

So now I challenge you all to read the parts of WoR & WoK where Shallan or Jasnah find themselves in Shadesmar without thinking of magical skittles, cause I can't anymore.

I can't say I'd mind drowning in Skittle Shadesmar all that much. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to the corner shop for something.

Thats great ++.. I will definatly do that now that you mention it.. and now im re-thinking old parts... Why dosnt Shallan just eat her way out?

She like there all stuck down her throat and mouth- and im thinking wow thats great!

So I guess the spren of Shadesmar are a bunch of sugar-crazed maniacs? This is awesome. :D

It would explain why they lack focus when they first come to the world. They're coming off a lifelong sugar high.

What about M&Ms? Couldn't we say that the beads are really just sugar-coated M&M's too? Did I seriously just turn Shadesmar into a chocolatey-fairy land... Great, now I see Jasnah and Shallan (and the spren) as chocolate addicts on a high from all the sugary chocolate and skittles they're consuming...Wonderful.

What's next, a chocolate stick?

It can't be M&Ms because there is no chocolate on Roshar

They could Soulcast it, if they had an example to go off of. I'm sure that Shadesmar connects to some world with chocolate (or similar substances), and Elsecalling (or just portalhopping) allows Rosharans to access said other worlds and obtain chocolate. Elsecallers also conveniently have the ability to Soulcast. Obviously, this proves that Jasnah will get rich by introducing chocolate to Roshar.

They could Soulcast it, if they had an example to go off of. I'm sure that Shadesmar connects to some world with chocolate (or similar substances), and Elsecalling (or just portalhopping) allows Rosharans to access said other worlds and obtain chocolate. Elsecallers also conveniently have the ability to Soulcast. Obviously, this proves that Jasnah will get rich by introducing chocolate to Roshar.

A certain interlude character will become an Elsecaller and become the wealthiest merchant in the world by selling her Rysn's Peanut Butter Cups.

• Chaos locked this topic