MGershone

So Logna describes how they, along with the other gods or god-like beings, hit some sort of barrier when they reached the dimension where they are. I was thinking about possible reasons that that would have happened, because the implication is that they traveled fairly far upstream but somehow weren't able to travel farther. Maybe there are ways to bend the rules about upstream travel, but only to a certain degree. This would be a reason why they had to stop and didn't go further at the time. Any thoughts on the logic and rules of that?

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 11:10 AM, MGershone said:

So Logna describes how they, along with the other gods or god-like beings, hit some sort of barrier when they reached the dimension where they are. I was thinking about possible reasons that that would have happened, because the implication is that they traveled fairly far upstream but somehow weren't able to travel farther. Maybe there are ways to bend the rules about upstream travel, but only to a certain degree. This would be a reason why they had to stop and didn't go further at the time. Any thoughts on the logic and rules of that?

I just finished, and honestly thought that the current dimension was the "most substantial" / "Highest on the tree" / "original river," but don't see that expressed in the forums. How do we know that isn't the case?

Edited by IlstrawberrySeed

On 7/8/2023 at 10:57 PM, IlstrawberrySeed said:

I just finished, and honestly thought that the current dimension was the "most substantial" / "Highest on the tree" / "original river," but don't see that expressed in the forums. How do we know that isn't the case?

Well if by "current dimension" you mean the one where the book takes place, it being the highest/most substantial would mean you couldn't get there from John's home dimension.