quote finder

I've had some trouble when in longer topics finding quotes people post because often people wont quote the hole post so you don't get context, plus you cant tell what the quote was a response to in the first place. The idea I had is if there was a place to click on the quote that would take you to the original post so that way (especially when the quote is from a while ago on longer topics.) you can read the hole post and the posts around it.

6 minutes ago, Wits instant noodles said:

I've had some trouble when in longer topics finding quotes people post because often people wont quote the hole post so you don't get context, plus you cant tell what the quote was a response to in the first place. The idea I had is if there was a place to click on the quote that would take you to the original post so that way (especially when the quote is from a while ago on longer topics.) you can read the hole post and the posts around it.

There is, notice how in the top right corner of the box there is an arrow, click on that and you'll go back to the original post

You can also search for the quote with the search bar on the top right. If you click on it, there should be a bar next to it that says "all content". Click on that, and you can filter it to the topic you're looking at. Shouldn't be too hard to find the post then.

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed