Welcome to Nightvale!!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite WTNV character?

• Cecil
    • Carlos
    • Khoshekh
    • The Glow Cloud (All Hail)
    • Hiram McDaniels
    • Dana
    • The Faceless Old Woman Who Lives In Your Home
    • Pamela Winchell
    • Janice
    • Tamika Flynn
    • Steve Carlsberg
    • John Peters, You Know, The Farmer
    • Old Woman Josie
    • Megan
    • Kevin (wrong)
    • Other (pls tell us :D)

Guys the book is so cute

It's obviously wacky as ever cause it's Nightvale but it's also sweet and relatable. And I know so much about the man in the tan jacket already.... and I'm only about 40% done.....

edit: there's a couple of chapters where one of the characters goes to carlos's lab n we get to hear him sciencing and i keep re listening it's so adorable omg

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

1 minute ago, Morningtide said:

I might have to find these books!

i'd read it after you listen to episode 75 but NOT before episode 76 (76 is a bit of a summary of the book for peeps who didn't read it, i started it and i didn't rly get spoilers but it'd be better to listen afterwards, probabaly)

also, i highly reccomend the audiobook bcuz it's cecil and also there's sound effects for the parts that are in episode style. (there are chapters and then intermittent sections called "the voice of nightvale" that are like a cecil broadcast :D)

1 minute ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

i'd read it after you listen to episode 75 but NOT before episode 76 (76 is a bit of a summary of the book for peeps who didn't read it, i started it and i didn't rly get spoilers but it'd be better to listen afterwards, probabaly)

also, i highly reccomend the audiobook bcuz it's cecil and also there's sound effects for the parts that are in episode style. (there are chapters and then intermittent sections called "the voice of nightvale" that are like a cecil broadcast :D)

Ooooh ok!

Omg you guys the boooook :OOO it's so cute and good and realistic yet fantastical :((( (sad face cause Cecil just said something sad- baldwin, not palmer lol). It's about two very minor characters in the podcast (at least so far), Jackie Fierro and Diane Creiten, and it's about them and the man in the tan jacket, but also their personal lives, and tons of characters are in it (carlos and his scientists get two chapters, they're my second favorite part so far IT"S SO CUTE) and it's so sweeeeet and sad and cute and i love it so much. i'm probably gonna splurge and buy myself a paper copy and a year one transcript book (and maybe two and three idk) cause i'm gonna read this book over and over and also the transcript books have illustrations!!!

:D

Spoiler

I mean, we’ve always kinda known he’s sorta immortal, and honestly I’m not even surprised. 

…honestly I was more excited when Kevin said something in 65, but that’s probably just me.

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

:D

Hide contents

I mean, we’ve always kinda known he’s sorta immortal, and honestly I’m not even surprised. 

…honestly I was more excited when Kevin said something in 65, but that’s probably just me.

WELL I DIDN'T KNOW

Spoiler

But srsy he literally just- like- un-nuclear bombed a city and froze in time. Or. Something. And what was with the radio host death thing?? Bro i'm hella confused; -;

Oh btw 70 is very sweet n one of my favorites.

But once you get to 75, read the book :333

9 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Okay :3

I’m very mad at one of my friends, who’s on episode 163, she told me something that made me cry. 

info about Kevin:

Reveal hidden contents

Kevin isn’t straight :( 

I don't know how to react to this post

Spoiler

Why would that be sad

Also i mean he Cecil's counterpart so like

Also he definitely had a crush on carlos in ep 70a

2 hours ago, Cruciatus_heart said:

UGH WHY AM I SO SLOW IM ONLY ON EPISODE 9 

reply to aes sedai's spoiler 

Reveal hidden contents

why is kevin not being straight a sad thing

Spoiler

BECAUSE I LOVE HIM AND IM A GIRL AND SOMEHOW I ALWAYS FALL IN LOVE WITH GAY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS and then get emotional when I realize they don’t even exist anyway so what am I doing with my life :P

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I don't know how to react to this post

Reveal hidden contents

Why would that be sad

Also i mean he Cecil's counterpart so like

Also he definitely had a crush on carlos in ep 70a

Spoiler

I’m not to 70a yet cause homework >:( but…*sigh* oh well.

Oh and Elf, (I don’t know what to call you now, heart sounds just plain weird :P) it’s ok that your only on 9, it probably means your being productive, and the first episodes are a lot slower than later ones.

50 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:
  Reveal hidden contents

BECAUSE I LOVE HIM AND IM A GIRL AND SOMEHOW I ALWAYS FALL IN LOVE WITH GAY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS and then get emotional when I realize they don’t even exist anyway so what am I doing with my life :P

Reveal hidden contents

I’m not to 70a yet cause homework >:( but…*sigh* oh well.

Lmao

Spoiler

All my fictional girl crushes are straight and most of my fictional guy crushes are gay so i feel u

It's a problem 

Actually that is untrue

My two biggest book crushes atm are Adam Parrish (always and forever <333) who is bi and Gideon Nav who is a lesbian

Lmao my first statement was entirely a lie

Anyway

Uh

Yeah

Honestly I get both, there have been times in my life where I feel closer to fictional character than to any actual people :lol:.

Mostly it's just a wish that someone like these people actually existed, a wish that I could be part of these stories, because for some bizarre reason, I don't think I'd die in the first 5 minutes, even though I probably would. It isn't even all the people, it's the world I fall in love with, and the characters are the bridge, the part that lets me in, the part that makes everything a little better just by being there.

I dunno. I've always had a problem with falling in love with things that don't exist. :P

I'm on episode 35!! It's super good! Spoilers cause elf hasn't gotten this far but you'll probably read it anyway :P

Spoiler

I really love how honest and sweet Cecil and carlos's relationship is! How Cecil now calls him perfectly imperfect Carlos bc he's realized that Carlos has flaws but loves him anyway ^_^

Its very cute 

2 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

That's weird is the guy who literally legally married hatsune miku :blink::blink:

That's really, really weird. My main 3 fictional crushes are Gansey, Greyson Hawthorne, and Kaz brekker :D

11 hours ago, Morningtide said:

I'm on episode 35!! It's super good! Spoilers cause elf hasn't gotten this far but you'll probably read it anyway :P

Hide contents

I really love how honest and sweet Cecil and carlos's relationship is! How Cecil now calls him perfectly imperfect Carlos bc he's realized that Carlos has flaws but loves him anyway ^_^

Its very cute 

That's really, really weird. My main 3 fictional crushes are Gansey, Greyson Hawthorne, and Kaz brekker :D

You're right i read that anyways :lol:

IT IS SO CUUUUTE AWW 

greyson hawthorne is from the inheritance games right? my sister is reading that series