Anniversary Game 9/Anonymous Game 13: Rebuilding Tyrian Falls

Elandera

52 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Implied RL made them busy, but has yet to explain why they implied they had in-game things to organize.

Did not imply, stated it directly in blue text. Family was priority, not the game.

57 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Deflected my question about what was consuming their focus in the early stages of the game by suggesting they could have been parsing the roleplay, but when asked to provide receipts, they had little to show for it. 

Deflected? Does not see how. Only spoke of the necessity to read all information, not ignore RP, after you stated in thread that one could ignore RP.  But allow me to reiterate above points. Clash between Hyena/Tuatara done mostly through rp.

"As for the Obli-gator, I do village read them but not as much as advertised. I inflated my read of them to see how people would react; see if anyone would bite, and, well--

On 12/29/2022 at 1:23 PM, Charcoal Hyena said:

I don't like the idea of labeling someone "indisputably not Spiked". It reeks of tmi.

Willam

"Someone bit." Willam paused for dramatic effect. "While I don't think this is entirely condemning, I don't think Hyena suddenly pulling out an easy elim read after dodging the same question earlier looks good for them.

After much contemplation, Aylia made the difficult decision to move Willam from her list of highest suspects. She knew that it might not be the most logical choice, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she was making the wrong decision. 

Curious, that your suspicion lies in the desire to read all information, rather than ignore a large portion. Is it so suspicious to point out the importance of reading the whole thread, RP and all, even if after D1 that does not lead to very much?

3 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Ah, but what is truth, really? Is it a steadfast and immovable rock upon which we can build our lives, or is it a slippery eel, wriggling and writhing just out of reach? Perhaps it is a little of both. And perhaps, in the end, it doesn't really matter. After all, life is too short to be spent worrying about such weighty matters. Better to embrace the joy and absurdity of it all, and dance a jig on the grave of seriousness.

[OOC: Subscribe to the Correspondence Theory of Truth and never feel out of touch with reality again!

This message is brought to you by the Department of Philosophy at the University of Silverlight!]

Edit: FWIW my current read of the Mouse/Croc clash is V/V. Either that or my Evildar is just broken, which I'm willing to accept as well.

They're literally brawling over a point that is trivially true - that RP can carry information. Croc's dismissiveness of that didn't sit well with me but my read is that's Croc being Croc. Croc's real point is that Mouse defending RP was thin gruel for thread contribution. Mouse is attacking Croc for being too dismissive of RP, which is close to a 'you have bad reasons for your vote' type of line. But they're brawling over what is essentially a trivially true point and that hyperfocus just feels more Village to me.

Going back to revision for real now though. Sigh.

Edited by Salmon Meerkat

Weasel

Lentha had taken the time to listen to the townsfolk talk in the inn. She had spent time walking around, asking people questions. Trying to assuage fears of her previous rash remarks. And she realized that she did not like that Weasel fellow. He kept getting onto folks for reasons that made no sense! By the Lord Ruler, that fellow was driving her crazy!

The news of the two residents’ deaths had spread like wildfire throughout the town. As word reached him, Avil’s heart sank. Despite all that had been happening, he couldn’t believe it. He had known both of them for some time now, and had enjoyed speaking with Kangaroo in particular. They were a good fellow, always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone in need. And now they were gone, taken from this world in such a brutal and senseless way. And Reverse…Avil felt a pang of shame as he thought back on his paranoia regarding Reverse. How misplaced it was…Avil had heard rumors about what had happened. It had been the Spiked. Avil’s shame quickly morphed into anger the longer he thought about this. 

He knew he had to do something, no he had to do more. Clearly his efforts were taking them nowhere. He made his way to the town square, where a group of people had gathered to mourn and discuss what to do next.

“We cannot let this continue,” he declared, his voice filled with new determination. “And we can’t let this go unpunished.” He held his notepad in his hand, gripping it tightly; he had made it a habit to carry it with him wherever he went so that when the Spiked inevitably came for him, he’d be able to pass his wisdom down to whoever would discover his corpse.

Now that he had a considerable number of people’s attention, he continued, “I think that we should be investigating Ciril Yuanivori [Sapphire Elephant] for these crimes, as I have noticed that while they are often ready to offer advice, they’ve been rather oddly reserved when it comes to expressing their thoughts directly regarding the murders/murderers themselves.”

[OOC: All three of Elephant’s posts contain general game-related advice or mechanics-related thoughts, but they have not thus far expressed opinions regarding other players, the flips, or the votes. Our PM hasn’t been too insightful either. Their second D1 post in particular pings my elim-dar as seeming to appear helpful while mostly just being fluff in disguise.]

Avil then turned to address the Obli-gator, 

13 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

-- Sunburst Toucan: Weirdly announced that they’d been receiving PMs. Too easily persuaded to change from voting Scorpion to Iguana and didn’t add much to justify that vote

“I must admit I don’t see the point behind your first statement there, Obli-gator. Was there a less weird way to announce that one had gotten PMs that I should've gone with instead? And you’re mistaken about my reasons for changing my accusation from Scorpion to Taltin. No, I was not persuaded by any means, for I had always intended to accuse Iguana.”

[OOC: My vote was in reference to Iguana’s post, but I got the Saffron and Scorpion mixed up while filling in my RP with the actual usernames in square brackets instead of the RP names. Tuatara pointed it out and I promptly corrected it.]

"To recap my previous notes, I continue to feel good about Willam [Tuatara] and to an extent, the Obli-gator [Croc]. My instincts tell me Dragonfly is innocent, and warn me against Rhino and Lion. I am unsure what to make of Aylia [Hyena], which is slightly worrying considering the presence she has, but I will say that I do enjoy her company as far as our private communications go."

Edited by Sunburst Toucan
italics

Scop the orphan crawls out from under a bush where he has been curled up in the fetal position for several days.

”I-I have s-some th-things I w-want to s-say. F-first I a-am am o-orphan and n-not v-very s-smart. I d-don’t think M-my w-way of p-playing is l-like h-how you g-grownups p-play. I d-don’t r-really s-see the p-point of m-me d-doing giant e-essays of reads b-because i kn-know I’m n-not smart to f-figure everything out th-this early, f-for example.

“however, It m-makes m-me n-nervous s-seeing y-you grownups f-fighting (Dingo and Weasel and meerkat) and I-it m-makes me n-nervous like wh-what if s-someone k-kills m-me b-because I p-play in a d-different w-way f-from th-them? Like wh-what if I d-do s-something s-silly and g-get y-yelled at?

“So th-that in addition to some out of game misfortunes h-has been d-dampening m-my enthusiasm to p-participate.

“B-but I th-thought a-about wh-what m-my mommy would s-say and sh-she’d tell me n-not to give up amd t-to p-put on my b-big boy p-pants and h-have fun. And t-to be transparent about the f-factors wh-which have n-been causing me to f-feel constricted in th-this environment.

”So: who wants to play????????”

Willam stared at the posts thusfar. "I swear I'd made one before," he mused. "Guess not. I've just been PMing." He regretted the oversight, but he'd had a busy day.

"Some thoughts:

"-I think Dingo could have been killed to implicate Weasel, which is shown with Dragonfly and Albatross, and as such I am a little more suspicious of them both because if that is why Dingo was killed the elims would want to follow that setup.

"-Additionally, I think there is a decent likelihood that Tineye #2 is an elim. Their message appears to be trying to impersonate Rhino, and I don't believe any well-meaning villager would try to impersonate another due to the chance the elims might want to off the Tineyes at some point. I also don't think Rhino would be so obvious.

"-Speaking of Rhino, them and anyone else who is hiding behind an anonymous playstyle has earned my watchful eye. I don't condemn anyone for playing into their CR, but there's a point where that can be used as an excuse to not do analysis or attempt to solve and I'd like it not to get to that point."

Willam then considered the votes. "Right now, I'd be happy to add pressure to Mint Heron."

i’m very concerned

not enough activity

ooh ooh i have an idea!!

challenge: everyone post one village read, one null read, and one elim read you have.

doesn’t matter if they’re not concrete; low activity helps the

spiked

*shudder*

hehehehe

anyways here’s mine

vil: tuatara

null: chameleon

elim: heron

[OOC: On another note, I’m rethinking my reads on Weasel and Hyena. More to come :)]

Edited by Ivory Dragonfly

“I would say that I read the Obli-gator as village, Elephant as null, and Toucan as elim,” Willam responded. “I would second the request of more of this, though without responses to each set of reads this won’t do much to help the thread.

“So, that said— Dragonfly, is your elim read of Heron enough to be persuaded to switch?”

3 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

get back to me in a bit — thinking :3

hehehehehehehehehehehe

[OoC: the thinking does not seem to be good for your sanity]

Guy laugh loud! Bahahahahahohohaho! Wot so funny?

[I don't think this tactic actually increases ingagement, but happy to participate)

Guy no likie Croc, [the 'of course there's a vote manip' feels like tmi and if they are I would look into it]

Guy no kno wot on Sage [maybe a little bad)

Guy kinda likie Hyena [gut]

[Summary thingy of d1]

Spoiler

Mauve Crocodile votes Cream Tuatara, poke

Elandera Elandera wishes good luck, strong elim read

Onyx Flamingo roleplays in a non game related manner, roleplay

Salmon Meerkat roleplays in a non game related manner, roleplay (?votes a piece of string)

Indigo Weasel enters, welcomes PMs, expect mid activity, intro

Cream Tuatara roleplays in a partially game related way, votes Elephant, roleplay vote

Charcoal Hyena roleplays in a non game related way, roleplay

Ivory Dragonfly enters with a vote on Albatross, intro vote

Pearl Chameleon enters with a vote on Hyena

Salmon Meerkat roleplays in a non game related way, votes Swan

Mauve Crocodile roleplays and questions Meerkat, roleplay + discussion

Salmon Meerkat outright lies, discussion

Sapphire Elephant roleplays and votes Amethyst Scorpion, roleplay + vote

Cream Tuatara roleplays in response to 12, roleplay discussion 

Sage Kangaroo gibberishes a vote on Azure Mouse, gibberish vote

Salmon Meerkat gibberishes in response go 14, gibberish discussion 

Mint Heron roleplays, roleplay

Plum Rhinoceros says hi, hello back!

Sunburst Toucan enters with roleplay, roleplay intro

Charcoal Hyena roleplays in response to 18, roleplay

Fuchsia Ostrich roleplays in a non game related way and claims they will PM everyone, roleplay

Emerald Falcon roleplays in a non game related way, roleplay

Pearl Chameleon roleplays in a non game related way, roleplay

Mauve Crocodile unvotes Tuatara and votes Rhino, vote

Sunburst Toucan roleplays in a semi game related way, softs getting many PMs, roleplay

Cream Tuatara roleplays in a game related way, mentions village read of Croc, roleplay reads

Charcoal Hyena roleplays in a semi game related manner in response to 27, roleplay discussion 

Cream Tuatara roleplays in a non game related manner, roleplay 

Me!

Saffron Iguana roleplays in a non game related way, roleplay 

Ivory Dragonfly replies to 31, reply

Azure Mouse responds to Croc and Sage, intro reply

Melon Dingo roleplays in a non game related way, roleplay

Coral Swan roleplays in a non game related way and votes Dingo, roleplay + vote

Salmon Meerkat responds to 36, then roleplays in a non game related way, discussion + roleplay

Mauve Crocodile responds to 34, then comments on thread fluffiness, which is annoying, discussion 

Charcoal Hyena responds to 39, discussion 

Cream Tuatara claims that ponies are baby horses, mentions vote on Elephant, discussion 

Melon Dingo responds to 38, discussion 

Indigo Weasel roleplays in a semi game related way, votes Dingo for being right wing, comments on thread fluffiness, controversy 

Sapphire Elephant roleplays in response to 41, discussion 

Melon Dingo responds to 43, discussion 

Cream Tuatara unvotes Elephant, votes Hyena, discussion 

Azure Mouse responds to 39, discussion 

Mauve Crocodile responds to 43 and 47, discussion + good joke

Amethyst Scorpion enters with roleplay and vote on Penguin, intro roleplay vote

Indigo Weasel responds to 43, discussion 

Emerald Falcon roleplays in a game related way, notes thoughts, roleplay discussion + reads

Azure Mouse responds to 48, discussion 

Onyx Flamingo roleplays and votes Penguin, roleplay vote

Salmon Meerkat roleplays and votes Hyena

Mint Heron votes Iguana, discussion + vote

Melon Dingo posts votecount, gives thoughts on several players, votes Chameleon, vc + reads + vote 

Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant

Azure Mouse (1): Sage Kangaroo

Charcoal Hyena (3): Cream Tuatara, Pearl Chameleon, Salmon Meerkat

Chartreuse Penguin (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Onyx Flamingo

Ivory Dragonfly (1): Emerald Falcon

Magenta Albatross (1): Ivory Dragonfly

Melon Dingo (2): Coral Swan, Indigo Weasel

Plum Rhinoceros (1): Mauve Crocodile

Saffron Iguana (1): Mint Heron

Salmon Meerkat mentions Dingo read and votes Heron

Emerald Falcon responds to 54, 56, and 57, discussion 

Mauve Crocodile responds to 55, and 58, mentions slight v read of Cham, discussion reads

Charcoal Hyena roleplays in a semi game related way, complains about PMs, roleplay

Salmon Meerkat mentions a null read of Cham, talks about his methodology, discussion 

Indigo Weasel comments on the discussion, discussion 

Charcoal Hyena replies to 58, and votes on Tuatara, discussion + reads

Ivory Dragonfly responds to 58, discussion 

Sunburst Toucan votes Iguana, roleplay discussion + roleplay vote

Salmon Meerkat responds to 59, discussion 

Cream Tuatara comments on the mass PMing trio, reads Falcon slight vil and Meerkat vil, discussion + reads

Charcoal Hyena responds to 67, discussion 

Sunburst Toucan votes Saffron Iguana, responds to 67, discussion 

Cream Tuatara roleplays in a game related manner, responded to an unknown post, roleplay discussion 

Amethyst Scorpion dies

Charcoal Hyena mentions sus of Tuatara, then mentions less sus of Tuatara, then unvotes Tuatara, discussion + vote

Charcoal Hyena votes Sage, vote

Chartreuse Penguin enters with roleplay, intro roleplay

Magenta Albatross eeks, eek

Mauve Crocodile responds to 66 and 67, discussion 

Magenta Albatross discusses reads and responds to 76, discussion + reads

Onyx Flamingo roleplays in a non game related manner, roleplay

Charcoal Hyena side eyes 78, discussion 

Magenta Albatross responds to 79, discussion 

Charcoal Hyena backtracks 79, discussion 

Cream Tuatara unvotes Hyena, votes Cham, vote

Charcoal Hyena questions 82, discussion 

Melon Dingo wall posts, discussion 

Cream Tuatara responds to 83 with reasons for vote, questions Onyx on vote, vote discussion 

Onyx Flamingo responds to 85, vote discussion 

Elandera announces impending doom, elim if I've ever seen one

Sage Kangaroo implores the GM for a votecount, imploration 

GM votecount, we are saved

Saffron Iguana (2): Sunburst Toucan, Mint Heron

Melon Dingo (2): Coral Swan, Indigo Weasel

Azure Mouse (2): Mauve Crocodile, Sage Kangaroo

Chartreuse Penguin (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Onyx Flamingo

Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant

Onyx Flamingo (1): Cream Tuatara

Mint Heron (1): Salmon Meerkat

Ivory Dragonfly (1): Emerald Falcon

Pearl Chameleon (1): Melon Dingo

Sage Kangaroo (1): Charcoal Hyena

Magenta Albatross (1): Ivory Dragonfly

Charcoal Hyena (1): Pearl Chameleon

Mauve Crocodile unvotes Mouse, votes Sage, vote

Onyx Flamingo roleplays in a semi game related way, roleplay 

Melon Dingo questions distro, unvotes Cham, votes Iguana for lack of involvement, discussion + vote

Ivory Dragonfly unvotes Alba, votes Dingo, vote

Done!

Sorry, lost my numbers, but should still be helpful.

4 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Guy no likie Croc, [the 'of course there's a vote manip' feels like tmi and if they are I would look into it]

“It’s been said before, but I’ll say it again— When the Obli-gator said that there was vote manip, he was referring to the flipped Rioter. Thus, vote manip is in the game.”

Willam took a glance at Lion’s summary. “Do you have any thoughts about C1 after rereading it?”

2 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

“It’s been said before, but I’ll say it again— When the Obli-gator said that there was vote manip, he was referring to the flipped Rioter. Thus, vote manip is in the game.”

Guy no think Smartodile meant dead guy, Guy think Smartodile meant elim guy. Could be, but Guy no think so.

Reverse was dead.

Stabbed by one of his own glass daggers. 

The rebuilding went on, though more subdued. They'd have to find someone else to source windows from, though that could wait until they worked on the artisan's studio they were rebuilding. Ghetti had been understanding. And so the rebuilding efforts went on.

Life went on, even when you were at war. Even when you were in the middle of a siege.

Damn it all, he'd liked Reverse. Reverse'd even offered to lend a hand to some of the rebuilding efforts. People had pitched in at first, but then stopped subsequently. Aurelien knew why. As more homes and businesses were rebuilt, people were slowly drawn back into their lives.

But not all of them.

For some of them, their lives had ended, cut down abruptly in the storm of metal that Scimon Tlag had summoned in the beating heart of Tyrian Falls.

Jurald said, "Hell of a way to go."

"Yeah," said Aurelien, even though he'd seen too many cut down in sieges, in raids, in the attacks the nobility of the Northern Dominance called down on each other. He figured it was still something fresh for Jurald. Jurald was new enough to Tyrian Falls, that he hadn't remembered either what happened in the last set of attacks from the Spiked.

He remembered taking Flavia into his arms in the morning, when the word went out, holding her, as though his world began and ended with her. He'd nearly lost her. He'd so nearly lost her, to that thunderous, damning day in the market square. 

What good was any of it, if he couldn't protect the woman he loved, his own daughter, or his business partner?

"Clear!" Keirasti called out, and Aurelien looked up to watch as the counterweight plummeted down towards him, sharply.

Reflexively, he threw himself out of the way.

"Lord Ruler damn it," Aurelien swore. "What the hells has gotten into you?" he demanded. "You know you need to make sure the area is clear before using the lift!"

Keirasti blinked. "But...I didn't."

Aurelien narrowed his eyes, and stared at her, but slowly reached the realisation that she wasn't lying.

He went over to the lift mechanism that they'd been using to handle the roof structure of the smithy. The securing rope dangled, swinging loosely. No fraying. Neat. It had been cut.

"Sabotage," Aurelien said, aloud.

Someone on the crew was trying to stop rebuilding efforts, even kill them.

Kill him.

He made a fist about the loose end of the rope. He wasn't easy to kill. If they were going to try, he'd see them dead first. Had to, for his family.

Perhaps it was time for the Bastard of Kosigan to emerge again.

[OOC: Ok so I'm behind in my exams revision but also feel bad not doing anything much so I took some time off to make one concerted effort and will go back to my work after this. Apologies. This was done at about 60% Kjell effort.

Day One Thoughts:

• Given the low tempo of the thread and the fact that we often had three to four trains tied in the lead, assess that this was a low urgency cycle for the Spiked.

• There is a world in which Mouse and Croc are E/E distancing, especially since the clash continues through to today. I am not fully convinced - this doesn't feel quite right for both of them. 

• On top of other E!Dragonfly crack theories, there is an E!Dragonfly world in which Dragonfly creates a tie in order to establish protective padding for E!Penguin. I don't assess this as likely but in the event we want to re-think Dragonfly, it's worth looking at that. Also possible that Dingo was killed in order to give Dragonfly Village cred.

• It is trivially true that at most two of <Iguana, Dingo, Penguin, Mouse> are Evil. But it is nonetheless worth noting, due to the fact that there was significant stability in those trains.

• Assess that the likelihood of train dilution tactics was high. This makes Falcon, Heron, Tuat, and Hyena stand out to me. Of this set, I Village read Tuat and Hyena, feel null on Falcon, and lean Evil on Heron.

• I am disturbed by the fact I don't think Falcon is Village.

• Sustained engagement between Falcon and Dingo, including sus of Weasel. Potentially noteworthy in light of Dingo being N1ed. The real Tyrian curse was the curse of the Smokers all along.

• I am less inclined to think Heron is Evil - or rather, I still think Heron is Evil but less so than when I'd subsequently managed to file him away in my head as stacking onto Iguana.

Day One Reads:

• Light Village: Tuat, Hyena, 
  • Mild Village: Croc, Ele, Toucan, Alb, Dragonfly
  • Null: Swan, Scorp, Mouse, Lion, Cham, Falcon
  • Mild Evil: Heron, Weasel, Flamingo, Ostrich, Rhino
  • Light Evil: -

Night One Thoughts:

• Sage deserved the derp clear - I don't believe lightning strikes twice and am less willing to grant Lion the derp clear one Turn later. Willingness to foster discussion a good look for Croc.

• Despite my thoughts that Dragonfly looks Village, I am having a very hard time understanding how Dragonfly reads Dingo as proposing a Falcon CW since Dingo was absurdly clear about disagreeing with Falcon but not wanting to go onto Falcon. I guess I am willing to degrade the Mild Village read a little.

• Weasel reading Dingo as soft village might be a decent prelude to a Dingo kill. Ultimately I don't believe a Dingo kill happens without the Elims gauging that Dingo looks Village af or sufficiently Village to everyone off D1.

• I don't really like how Scorp looks D2 as compared to this N2 post. But I also don't know if it significantly matters and am loath to push a player when they're having a hard time getting back into the game. YMMV I guess.

• Toucan spends a good chunk of time discussing the implications of a Dingo flip. With that sort of ML set-up, I don't feel like Dingo feels reasonable as a Toucan kill. Slight Village cred.

• I don't think I am capable of being objective about Ele, quite honestly. But I don't think Ele is Evil at this point in time and can understand the mindset from which Ele's post emerges.

• Weasel makes a post that is somewhat defensive, but I do like that this is another sign of Weasel at least trying to make reads. I don't feel that great about the defensive vibe, but given that Weasel is forming reads, will probably let it wash out as a slight positive.

• Falcon and Ostrich have both functionally vanished.

Night One Reads:

• Light Village: Tuat, Hyena, 
  • Mild Village: Croc, Ele, Toucan, Alb, Dragonfly
  • Null: Swan, Scorp, Mouse, Lion, Cham, Falcon  

Meerkat's Current Thoughts:

I see Mint Heron reading the thread and with a non-reaction to the votes on them. Not sure how that makes me feel. Weasel still looks a bit Evil to me, but on the whole, less Evil given his N1. I'm inclined to improve my read of Mouse to Mild Village for the clash with Crocodile which just feels like the sort of "Villagers will do weird drek" space with their hyperfocus on RP.

I'm mildly alarmed by Rhino's post, due to FNG reasons. I feel it is courteous to give Rhino a cycle to get his feet under him, but at the same time, I note an AN is the perfect time to pull FNG. Watch carefully.

1 hour ago, Opal Lion said:

Guy no think Smartodile meant dead guy, Guy think Smartodile meant elim guy. Could be, but Guy no think so.

Why? Croc posted fourteen minutes after the post went up. That's enough time to see the results. Also...why would you think Croc means an Elim? Why not read it as Croc slipping that he was, himself, a vote manip role? I don't understand why your chain of inference goes there. (Sorry Croc, but fair game public domain.)

I continue to note I do not think I am capable of being objective on Ele, but I also do not E!read him, and I'm just going to go with my own feelings/thoughts.

Current Reads:

• Light Village: Tuat, Hyena, 
  • Mild Village: Croc, Ele, Toucan, Alb, Dragonfly, Mouse
  • Null: Swan, Scorp, Lion, Cham, Falcon, Alb,   

Italics indicate the read is uncertain and can be downgraded.

Today, I am functionally fine with voting between <Heron, Flamingo, Falcon.>

Back to exams revision for me. I never knew I could be so demotivated when it came to studying before :/ ]

Edit: Apologies — Weasel should be in null today but italicised as potentially downgradeable. 

Edited by Salmon Meerkat

Been slowly trying to get into gear, so been working through last cycle's posts.

Initial vibes being feeling positive about Tuatara and Falcon. Liked also this post from Dingo.

As much I do love the RP, I'm finding it hard to process what people are trying to communicate with it, so I don't know if that's interfering with reading vibes.

There was a remarkable lack of vote tallies, and the progression of votes did maybe feel a bit weird. Going to poke around that for a second I think.

This is the tally of the first 12 hours of Day 1, all just random poke votes.

Spoiler

(1) Tuatara: Crocodile {1}
(1) Elephant: Tuatara {1}
(1) Albatross: Dragonfly {1}
(1) Hyena: Chameleon {1}
(1) Swan: Meerkat {1}
(1) Scorpion: Elephant {1}
(1) Mouse: Kangaroo {1}

Croc's move from Tuatara to Rhino at just under 14 hours in marks the first vote with some basis attached. Swan opts for a poke vote at 20 hours in, while Weasel's distaste for right aligned text prompts the first vote to take someone's tally to two, at 23 hours in.

Spoiler

(0) Tuatara: Crocodile {1}
(1) Elephant: Tuatara {1}
(1) Rhino: Crocodile {2}
(2) Dingo: Swan {1}, Weasel {1}

At just under 24 hours, Tuatara shifts their poke become serious vote from me onto Hyena, tying them with Dingo, for complaining about no game discussion in thread without contributing any. Scorpion appears giving a quite late poke vote on a new candidate at 26 hours in/22 hours remaining. At 20 hours remaining, Falcon votes Dragonfly for poke voting and then not referring back to it in later posts. At 19 hours in, Flamingo appears and poke votes Penguin for inactivity. Leaves us with a 3 way tie between Hyena, Dingo, and Penguin, with Penguin a result of two late arrivals with just poke votes.

Spoiler

(0) Elephant: Tuatara {1}
(2) Hyena: Chameleon {1}, Tuatara {2}
(2) Penguin: Scorpion {1}, Flamingo {1}

(1) Dragonfly: Falcon {1}

At 18 hours remaining, Meerkat moves Hyena, putting Hyena in the lead. At 16 hours, Heron votes Iguana for the comment about the new thread being a "crazy situation". Dingo gives us our first vote tally as  they vote for Chameleon for the mismatch between their claims of PMing everyone versus actually responding to Dingo's PMs, doing this at 15 hours remaining. After the vote tally, at 13 hours remaining, Meerkat moves their vote to Heron due to their defensiveness in their vote, intentionally tying up Hyena, Dingo, and Penguin again.

Spoiler

(2) Hyena: Chameleon {1}, Tuatara {2}, Meerkat {2}
(0) Swan: Meerkat {1}

(1) Iguana: Heron {1}
(1) Chameleon: Dingo {1}
(1) Heron: Meerkat {3}

At 10 hours remaining, Croc moves to Mouse for deflecting from answering Croc's question, creating a 4 way tie. At 7 hours to go, Hyena is uncomfortable with the suggested early "hard" clear of someone by Tuatara. At 6 hours, Toucan makes a 5 way tie by voting on Scorpion, although it's pointed out they seemed to be referring to Iguana, to whom they change their vote to within 20 minutes, but essentially agreeing with Heron's suspicion. Still creates a 5 way tie.

Spoiler

(1) Tuatara: Crocodile {1}, Hyena {1}
(2) Hyena: Chameleon {1}, Tuatara {2}, Meerkat {2}
(1) Scorpion: Elephant {1}, Toucan {1}
(2) Mouse: Kangaroo {1}, Crocodile {3}
(0) Rhino: Crocodile {2}
(2) Iguana: Heron {1}, Toucan {2}

At 5.5 hours, Hyena reluctantly retracts from Tuatara, seeming confused, before at 5 hours remaining proposes Kangaroo for lurking. At 3.5 hours remaining, Tuatara removes Hyena from the 5 way tie to propose Flamingo as a new candidate without reason until prompted by Hyena -  for the different ways in which they talk about Penguin.

Spoiler

(0) Tuatara: Crocodile {1}, Hyena {1}
(1) Hyena: Chameleon {1}, Tuatara {2}, Meerkat {2}
(2) Mouse: Kangaroo {1}, Crocodile {3}

(2) Iguana: Heron {1}, Toucan {2}
(1) Kangaroo: Hyena {2}
(1) Flamingo: Tuatara {3}

7 minutes before the end of cycle, Crocodile moves from Mouse to Kangaroo, maintaining a 4 way tie.
4 minutes before the end of cycle, Dingo moves Chameleon to Iguana being uncomfortable with the vote, choosing Iguana for lack of involvement though they're online - this puts Iguana in the lead.
1 minute before the end of cycle, Dragonfly ties up Iguana with Dingo, for Dingo "posting a lot with little substance".

Spoiler

(0) Tuatara: Crocodile {1}, Hyena {1}
(0) Albatross: Dragonfly {1}
(1) Hyena: Chameleon {1}, Tuatara {2}, Meerkat {2}
(1) Mouse: Kangaroo {1}, Crocodile {3}
(3) Dingo: Swan {1}, Weasel {1}, Dragonfly {2}
(3) Iguana: Heron {1}, Toucan {2}, Dingo {2}
(0) Chameleon: Dingo {1}
(2) Kangaroo: Hyena {2}, Crocodile {4}

Final Tally

(3) Dingo: Swan {1}, Weasel {1}, Dragonfly {2}
(3) Iguana: Heron {1}, Toucan {2}, Dingo {2}

(2) Kangaroo: Hyena {2}, Crocodile {4}

I guess based on all that:

• sus on Dragonfly for the last vote, although it's not like it was to save a buddy as it didn't save Iguana, and Iguana was village. Also, Dingo we've also found to be village. So it's weird, but I do find it hard to think why an elim might take that move...
  • Sus on Scorp, or possibly more Flamingo for the lateish poke vote that put Penguin in contention for much of the cycle.
  • Eyeing the late move from Croc to shift Kangaroo to the danger zone over Mouse. Will need to think on that further/come back to it.
  • Also eyeing Toucan for the 5 way tie. I do like ties, but setting up a 5 way at 6 hours? There's got to be a limit somewhere, right?

So I guess reads are:

Slight village: Tuatara, Falcon
Undecided: Meerkat
Watching Closely: Croc, Toucan,
Slight elim: Dragonfly, Scorp, Flamingo

I still need to do a reread of Night 1 for game relevant discussion, and I've only done a cursory read of this cycle. But posting it this now before I go work on that.

A sharp breeze stirred Ciril awake again, causing a jerk that resulted in him tumbling over the banister that he'd somehow been balanced on while sleeping, crashing painfully down the stairs.

"How...?" He shook his head. After he collected himself, he figured he may as well get to what seemed the new day. A short walk to a cafe, he ordered some toast and fruit and sat down with the daily paper. As he started to read, he took out some charcoal and started making annotations. By the time his breakfast came, he was laying slumped over the now heavily annotated paper, heavily asleep.  

11 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

i’m very concerned

not enough activity

ooh ooh i have an idea!!

challenge: everyone post one village read, one null read, and one elim read you have.

doesn’t matter if they’re not concrete; low activity helps the

spiked

*shudder*

hehehehe

anyways here’s mine

vil: tuatara

null: chameleon

elim: heron

ok i try

vil swan null elephant elim lion

i hope that help

what next

Aurelien had the strangest feeling he'd forgotten something. Some of the villagers of Tyrian Falls had been confused by the cerise bracelet he wore, threads knotted together, a touchstone and a reminder that he was awake and he was with Flavia.

("So tell me how this works," said Wyson.

"I don't know. I close my eyes. I open them," Aurelien said. "Same as you."

He wasn't sure how he felt about this, about having to sit in her office and talk to him. Just...talk. As though everything that was wrong with the world, with Tyrian Falls since that shattering day Scimon Tlag had summoned up the wrath of a god in the market square could be resolved by words.

"Let's just start at the beginning."

"No," Aurelien said.

The beginning was that day in the market square. The screams as Scimon Tlag pulled. As metal flew through the air, cutting down anyone in their path. He was trapped, pinned under part of the rubble. He was helpless.

Livie, screaming.

Flavia, cut down in front of his eyes as Hastler tried to shield her.

Helpless.

He closed his eyes. Opened them, staring at the person Hastler insisted he saw. For all the good it'd do.

"Let's start it right now.")

("And this started happening since market square?"

Aurelien swallowed. "Right after the funeral."

Two funerals. He'd lived them twice, once for Flavia, once for Livie and Hastler.

A knife in his chest. Hard to breathe.

"What's the purpose of the knotted band?"

He found his voice again, forced steel into it. "It's to help me keep things straight," he said. Matter-of-factly. "Green is Livie's favourite colour, and I wear the pink one when I'm with Flavia."

He hated the pity he saw in her eyes. Or maybe it was understanding. Sympathy. He wanted none of it.

"We come up with all sorts of ways to get through the loss of a loved one," Myra said, her hands folded in her lap. At least she'd stopped taking notes. "But your mind has simply created an entire reality, where your daughter and business partner survived."

He scoffed.

"What's so funny? What's wrong?"

"That's exactly what the other doctor said.")

("An entire reality where your wife survived," Wyson said, and Aurelien swore he was going to punch Hastler for making him put up with these sessions. "But it's not real. And when you should be resting, your mind is holding up this detailed alternate reality. Moments of panic, lots of confusion - that's just the tip of the iceberg. I can help. But not if you don't let me."

"I'm awake with my wife," Aurelien cut in. "I go to sleep, and then I'm awake with my daughter. Yes. I still see my wife and my daughter. So if you're telling me the price of seeing them, feeling them, of having them in my life is my sanity...It's a price I will happily pay. Trust me. When it comes to letting one of them go...I have no desire to ever make progress."

Not market square. Never again.)

Donn Keihote. [OOC: Penguin]. He had slipped Aurelien's mind. Perhaps another sign that the cracks were beginning to appear. Aurelien clenched his fists. No. He was not giving up on his family, no matter the price he had to pay. Forgettable enough...perhaps that was a warning sign. [OOC: Penguin is a null for me. Don't consider appearing at EoD to be significant because the trains were diluted enough Penguin probably didn't feel pressure anyway.]

There was a case to be made for Algolac [OOC: Flamingo] as well, Aurelien thought. Algolac had shown up to voice suspicion of Donn Keihote and then subsequently faded into the background. A good place to be for one of the Spiked as Tyrian Falls milled about with no direction. [OOC: My issue with Flamingo is mostly a profile one. It was functionally a poke vote on Penguin, and one that stayed with little thread engagement. It just feels like a good place for the Spiked to slip in. Barring further contribution from Flamingo, I'm fine with where I stand on them.] Aurelien, too, distrusted the man who'd called himself a sheriff, whatever that was. Luciel Hood, that was the name. [OOC: Falcon.] With Falcon more than anyone else, it felt as though he was giving the man too much credit just for effort alone. He didn't like the fact that Hood'd picked out the manic Dragonfly, of everyone else, as though after a series of observations, all Hood could muster was a throwaway vote that was in the middle of nowhere. And then Hood'd faded back into the background subsequently, as though content to coast off the goodwill he had gained off his first foray into Tyrian Falls.

[OOC: So I wasn't going to come back prior to finishing my revision but I belatedly realised the string marker might screw up my voting, so well... Anyway. I agree with Dingo but can't find a way to phrase it properly in RP. I continue to be unable to read Falcon as anything above null. I don't feel as though Falcon is seriously engaging with the thread - stab votes are fine, but Falcon dueled with Dingo and then mostly made some observations that felt very disconnected to what was going on. Falcon wasn't really minded to encourage discussion, not in the same way I'm getting off Tuat and Croc, which informs my better reads of them. In totality, I would feel better about the Dragonfly vote if any interaction happened off of it but basically nothing did. I'm moving off Mint Heron but would probably be okay going back to them, depending on whether my read of them does or doesn't improve. Worth highlighting as well that Ostrich more or less fell off the radar after D1 and deserves some attention too.]

One way or another, they had to stop the Spiked.

There wouldn't be a second market square incident. Aurelien swore it.

[OOC: Two pages.

Cham (1): Swan
Weasel (2): Dragonfly, Alb
Heron (1): Tuat
Rhino (2): Meerkat, Rhino

Six votes. A total of twenty players.

Ten hours to rollover. This is past Rollovet.

I know this is New Year. I know it was just past Christmas. I know this is past the holidays.

But this is how Tyrian games are lost.

I get the "I only find suspicions past D3!" deal. But if you don't even remotely try, every day is essentially D1+.

Do you think if we hang back long enough, a Seeker will save us? How do we even know if the Seeker is Village?

Look. I get it. I'm just as guilty. I have an exam on Wednesday and I'm probably just dead screwed right now. I accept that I haven't been thread contributing, that everyone has RL. But from a game perspective, we cannot expect to win a Tyrian game on this level of anemic discussion. If the Elim team goes for straight-up noise kills, when the thread is like this, we are dead in the water. Dead in the snow. Whatever. This is one of the ways AG2 was lost. And AG1 as well.

We cannot huddle in PMs and just ignore the thread.

I see people checking into the thread and just vanishing.

People, you gotta vote. What Dragonfly asked for ain't onerous. One vil read, one null read, one Elim read. And if you have a null read and an Elim read, then you jolly well can vote on them. No votes means no pressure. No pressure means Spiked happiness because they coast by. Vote me if that makes you feel happy. But you gotta vote.

Or else we're just a walking dead village, lying down to get our throats cut.

I repeat: I am cool with voting within the <Flamingo, Falcon, Heron> pool with a <Rhino> side. My vote is currently on Rhino. I'm happy to hear why I should vote someone else.]