questions about kelsier

harmonys_sword

Question

Hey Brandon I am writing a Paper comparing Kelsier to a prevalent anime character name Lelouche (from the anime code geass). Anyway, I have been searching your forums and responses, compiling quotes from you talking about Keiser, and I have a few questions I was hoping to answer directly. 

Although you state that Kelsier is a villain, I wonder if you believe he has morals. If so, could you outline what his moral compass might be? Further, would you say that he views people as tools or a means to an end rather than a person, or is he too genuine of a person for that? 

I am re-reading the original trilogy to try and answer some of these questions, but some direct input from the author would be super helpful. 

2 answers to this question

Sorry, but Brandon isn't really on these forums. These forums are owned and operated independently of Brandon and his company. All of the discussion on here is generated from fans. If you want opinions by readers, you can get that plenty here, but you won't be getting words from Brandon. Though he would love to answer questions, he is much to busy writing books and such to be on here. 

If you want to read some of Brandon's opinions, that might relate to this question, go check out Arcanum (https://wob.coppermind.net/adv_search/?query=kelsier). On that website, all the words of Brandon have been complied.

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

Welcome to the Forums

8 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

If you want to read some of Brandon's opinions, that might relate to this question, go check out Arcanum (https://wob.coppermind.net/adv_search/?query=kelsier). On that website, all the words of Brandon have been complied.

Also, you can check out the Kelsier page on the Coppermind - but beware of spoilers if you have not yet finished the rest of the published Cosmere works. On the Wiki, the information is mostly in prose form, but annotated with links to the appropriate reference (WoB, Annotations, Chapter(s) in published works, etc.).

Also, if you have not yet done so, check out the Annotations to the Era 1 Trilogy  are a great source for what the author was thinking at the time he wrote those novels, including character motivation, reasons for author decisions, etc.

Hope that helps

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG