Offline Wiki resource

Kheldar

On the sidebar, under Tools there's "Printable version", clicking on it will let you save your current page as a pdf, so you could download every page you might need

Or hit every single page and store them on a hard drive
(This one is a joke(Do not do this(I will hunt you down)))

On 12/7/2022 at 4:50 PM, Ookla the Keys said:

On the sidebar, under Tools there's "Printable version", clicking on it will let you save your current page as a pdf, so you could download every page you might need

Or hit every single page and store them on a hard drive
(This one is a joke(Do not do this(I will hunt you down)))

Lol. You're never gonna know...

It might be possible using WinHTTrack to download the site and preserve the internal links, but I haven't used that program very often and I believe you have to do some wrangling to get it to work with wikis, though I could be mistaken on that. I'll give it a try in a few days, but if anyone else wants to give it a try that might be a good idea too.

13 minutes ago, Ixthos said:

It might be possible using WinHTTrack to download the site and preserve the internal links, but I haven't used that program very often and I believe you have to do some wrangling to get it to work with wikis, though I could be mistaken on that. I'll give it a try in a few days, but if anyone else wants to give it a try that might be a good idea too.

This is (almost) exactly what I was looking for, Thanks! Trying it now, will keep you posted.

Ok, I got it done. 3 GB. Does that make sense? I checked it briefly, and it seems to all be there. Thanks again for the idea!

Log file says it stopped after 6 hours due to too many links. Only question is if maybe all the cross referencing... Dunno.

Edited by Kheldar

On 12/14/2022 at 10:15 PM, Kheldar said:

Ok, I got it done. 3 GB. Does that make sense? I checked it briefly, and it seems to all be there. Thanks again for the idea!

Log file says it stopped after 6 hours due to too many links. Only question is if maybe all the cross referencing... Dunno.

That doesn't seem unreasonable to me - it also depends on whether it was recording all the attached media, the page logs and discussion, etc. so 3 Gigs probably is a fair representation of the coppermind, with most of that being the more admin and historically related stuff. If you can try again, see if you can instruct it not do download discussion pages, page histories, etc.

Either way, I'm glad this worked out for you :)