Adolin sucks? [Discuss]

Monk of Dakhor

I have no issues with Adolin not being punished.  For starters, it was war.  They were literally at war with Sadeas.  i don't wanna hear how "Oh techinically no,", no after the tower, they were at war, Sadeus and Dalinar.  I freaking hate political crap.  I mean, I love it in narratives, but I hate it in practice.  Sadeas had that coming to him in droves.  An absolute sleaze of a man who just needed to die.  

I don't condone murder, obviuosly, but I don't consider that murder.  Murder is a social construct, with a social definition.  Legally, in most countries, there is such a thing as "Justifiable Homicide".  If successfully proven in court that the homicide was justifiable, it is not considered a criminal act.  Accodring to the all knowing Wikipedia, "The key to this legal defense is that it was reasonable for the subject to believe that there was an imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent by the deceased when they committed the homicide. A homicide in this instance is blameless"  

I'd say that Adolin believed, and that absolutely nobody would deny, that there was an imminant and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent by the deceased when he commited the homicide. Therefore, I decalre Adolin blameless in this case.  You can argue the definition of "immenent", but I'd just slap you and move on.  

Sadeas had already betrayed them, killing a good 60% or more of Dalinar's forces.  Those men were innocent.  And Sadeas was IN THE MIDDLE of GUARANTEEING that he would do EVEN MORE to Adolin at that moment.  And I don't know about you, but I believe him.  I believe he would have outsmarted Dalinar, and maneuvered things so he would take Uruthiru from him, and would kill more men doing it.  Sadeas was guilty as sin, and his punishment was a death he deserved.  In a dark corridor where no one could hear his little whimper as his eye popped like a grape.  

On 1/12/2023 at 7:04 PM, Tglassy said:

I have no issues with Adolin not being punished.  For starters, it was war.  They were literally at war with Sadeas.  i don't wanna hear how "Oh techinically no,", no after the tower, they were at war, Sadeus and Dalinar.  I freaking hate political crap.  I mean, I love it in narratives, but I hate it in practice.  Sadeas had that coming to him in droves.  An absolute sleaze of a man who just needed to die.  

I don't condone murder, obviuosly, but I don't consider that murder.  Murder is a social construct, with a social definition.  Legally, in most countries, there is such a thing as "Justifiable Homicide".  If successfully proven in court that the homicide was justifiable, it is not considered a criminal act.  Accodring to the all knowing Wikipedia, "The key to this legal defense is that it was reasonable for the subject to believe that there was an imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent by the deceased when they committed the homicide. A homicide in this instance is blameless"  

I'd say that Adolin believed, and that absolutely nobody would deny, that there was an imminant and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent by the deceased when he commited the homicide. Therefore, I decalre Adolin blameless in this case.  You can argue the definition of "immenent", but I'd just slap you and move on.  

Sadeas had already betrayed them, killing a good 60% or more of Dalinar's forces.  Those men were innocent.  And Sadeas was IN THE MIDDLE of GUARANTEEING that he would do EVEN MORE to Adolin at that moment.  And I don't know about you, but I believe him.  I believe he would have outsmarted Dalinar, and maneuvered things so he would take Uruthiru from him, and would kill more men doing it.  Sadeas was guilty as sin, and his punishment was a death he deserved.  In a dark corridor where no one could hear his little whimper as his eye popped like a grape.  

That is a... very good explanation, and has helped me decide whether I agree or not with adolin killing sadeas, thank you.