Current characters as worldhoppers

Bookmaster007

What major players in our current books will become worldhoppers in the future

I expect Wax(and maybe the rest of his crew) because of him calling himself Harmony's sword and the Harmony epigraph in Rhythm of War where Harmony says he is preparing a sword

I also expect the majority of our Rosharan characters to figure it out, if not actively do it, due to the prominence of Shadesmar and the cognitive realm on Roshar

2 hours ago, Bookmaster007 said:

What major players in our current books will become worldhoppers in the future

I expect Wax(and maybe the rest of his crew) because of him calling himself Harmony's sword and the Harmony epigraph in Rhythm of War where Harmony says he is preparing a sword

I also expect the majority of our Rosharan characters to figure it out, if not actively do it, due to the prominence of Shadesmar and the cognitive realm on Roshar

I think the current scadrial cast are prime candidates for a bit of world hopping.  Scadrial has moved on past infighting between their worlds shards.  The new threat seems to not of their world and having a sword seems to hint that harmony is willing to go on the offensive in this conflict... to take the fight to Trell... whoever and where ever that might be.  

Roshar hasn't completed the in network story arc yet.  That isn't to say that the cast from stormlight doesn't have suitable worldhoppers just that they should really get their own house in order before branching out.  

Scadrial also has the benefit of very portable magic while your surgebinders are very limited geographically to where they may practice their invested arts.  We do see just how important these things are with what worldhoppers already exist on Roshar.  I do believe that a large part of a persons ability and willingness to hop worlds is dependent on how portable their abilities allow them to be.  In this case Nalthis takes the cake.  Biochromatic breath is the most portable and reliable source of investiture that a worldhopper could ask for (perhaps Hoid would argue that but that is just because he knows his hand and we as readers don't even know half of what the deck could have).  The metallic arts are next for portability.  I imagine there would be an initial language barrier for getting metals and you would also be limited to what that planet is capable of producing (a good portion of era 2 metals could be out of reach technologically for them on Roshar).

The other thing a good worldhopper needs is a way to ignore aging and time.  Again Biochromatic breath excels at this where other magics fall far behind.  We haven't seen much outside of the heralds that hints at Rosharans having any access to that yet (maybe the 5th ideal but I kind if doubt it more likely to be some twisted fabrial of the future).  Scadrial had atium compounding but that is all in the past.  Perhaps when they learn to break harmonium down into atium and lerasium again (if ever).