Quadruple Powered Hemalurgic Spikes

Trusk'our

Vin's Hemalurgic earring was in her earlobe, granter her extra Allomantic bronze, and Quellion had his spike that granted him Allomantic bronze in his upper arm.

We know from this that Hemalurgic spikes (at least those that grant powers) don't have to be in a specific location on the body to grant powers, they just have to be in a general vicinity.

So my thinking is, you could take four different Allomantic (or Feruchemical) powers of the same group with different spikes, then melt them together and create a single spike that granted an entire grouping of powers. Since they all use the same metal as their focus, you don't have to worry about alloying the metal wrong, and the spiritual bind points they go with would all be within the same area as well, which means that there shouldn't be trouble. 

I think they do have to be in a specific location, but there are multiple valid locations for any power.

So it's not that "anywhere between the ear and the upper arm" is valid for Allomantic bronze, those are two separate valid points, whereas somewhere in between like the neck or shoulder wouldn't be valid for Allomantic bronze.

The Hemalurgy chart shows bind points by quadrant (physical, mental, etc.) but it's not complete - we're told in HoA there are hundreds. The chart notes that the points shown are those relevant to the creation of Inquisitors.

Edited by cometaryorbit

On 7/8/2022 at 4:21 PM, Trusk'our said:

Vin's Hemalurgic earring was in her earlobe, granter her extra Allomantic bronze, and Quellion had his spike that granted him Allomantic bronze in his upper arm.

We know from this that Hemalurgic spikes (at least those that grant powers) don't have to be in a specific location on the body to grant powers, they just have to be in a general vicinity.

So my thinking is, you could take four different Allomantic (or Feruchemical) powers of the same group with different spikes, then melt them together and create a single spike that granted an entire grouping of powers. Since they all use the same metal as their focus, you don't have to worry about alloying the metal wrong, and the spiritual bind points they go with would all be within the same area as well, which means that there shouldn't be trouble. 

I don't think this would work due to Hemalurgic Decay. I think that the spikes would be weakened a lot unless you melted them in blood which would not work due to it's boiling point. And it would combine with the metal even if it didn't boil. Maybe if you found a metal soft enough to be bended. Could you smoosh a bunch of spikes together and twist them into a larger spike? And would that have enough of an effect?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 2:14 PM, LightweaverWannabe said:

I don't think this would work due to Hemalurgic Decay. I think that the spikes would be weakened a lot unless you melted them in blood which would not work due to it's boiling point. And it would combine with the metal even if it didn't boil. Maybe if you found a metal soft enough to be bended. Could you smoosh a bunch of spikes together and twist them into a larger spike? And would that have enough of an effect?

Maybe a hydraulic press would work? Those things are crazy powerful when it comes to smashing stuff together.