Nightblood, Metalminds, Raysium, and Identity Theft

That1Cellist

Okay, here I go. So, a Feruchemist stores his Connection in a Duraluminmind. Then, he draws NIghtblood and destroys said Duraluminmind. Where do the connections go? If they are destroyed, does that mean there is a method of completely resetting your Connection in the Cosmere? The same thing could be done for Identity and everything else you can store, but destroying your Connection seems most useful. Let's say this Feruchemist in question was heavily connected to one shard, and thus could not ascend to become the shard of opposite Intent. So, he destroys his Connection, and is then able to ascend. I suppose this could be done without Nightblood, but there is another thing. If you destroy your Connection and Identity, it's almost like a get out of jail free card. You become a blank slate with endless potential.

Another thought I just had is this. Could you use a Raysium dagger connected to a Alluminummind to draw out another person's Connection or Identity? Is literal Identity theft possible in the Cosmere? You could then shlurp up that stolen identity, and dispose of your own, therefore replacing your Identity (Or something else like Connection) with another person's? 

Again, I suppose you don't really need Nightblood for any of this, but the possibility of permanently destroying Identity or Connection seems very powerful. You could hold another person's identity hostage, or something.

46 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Okay, here I go. So, a Feruchemist stores his Connection in a Duraluminmind. Then, he draws NIghtblood and destroys said Duraluminmind. Where do the connections go? If they are destroyed, does that mean there is a method of completely resetting your Connection in the Cosmere? The same thing could be done for Identity and everything else you can store, but destroying your Connection seems most useful. Let's say this Feruchemist in question was heavily connected to one shard, and thus could not ascend to become the shard of opposite Intent. So, he destroys his Connection, and is then able to ascend. I suppose this could be done without Nightblood, but there is another thing. If you destroy your Connection and Identity, it's almost like a get out of jail free card. You become a blank slate with endless potential.

Another thought I just had is this. Could you use a Raysium dagger connected to a Alluminummind to draw out another person's Connection or Identity? Is literal Identity theft possible in the Cosmere? You could then shlurp up that stolen identity, and dispose of your own, therefore replacing your Identity (Or something else like Connection) with another person's? 

Again, I suppose you don't really need Nightblood for any of this, but the possibility of permanently destroying Identity or Connection seems very powerful. You could hold another person's identity hostage, or something.

Once you stop storing you return to normal, so that won't work.