Curing The Curse Of Kind

Trusk'our

The Curse of Kind seems to be a kind of "bad luck" that follows an individual, causing bad things to happen because of its relation to Fortune.

I think then, that the best way to cure it would be to remove the effects from your Spiritweb via chromium Hemalurgy. It is my belief that the "destiny" that chromium Hemalurgy might steal is simply the Fortune of the individual you took it from, but it is somehow shaped by the individual's Spiritweb so that it pushes the individual to act in certain ways, causing them to potentially usurp the destiny of the donor.

If this is the case, you could use chromium Hemalurgy to remove the bad Fortune from a person who had the Curse of Kind, Heal them with a form of Investiture such as gold medallions (just not so much that they completely regrow the lost Spiritweb or you'll just go back to where you started) and then you could give them a different chromium spike containing someone else's shaped Fortune to get a "healthy" destiny. Just make sure that the Fortune you use to graft on to your patient isn't somehow worse than the original.

If you want to take it one step further, you could blank the Identity of the donor of the new destiny to make it possible to Allomantically splice into the patient's Spiritweb, which may patch them up better.

In the end, the person you're trying to cure may end up with some spiritual scarring, and they might have some other weird side effects from having someone else's destiny spliced into their Spiritweb, but they shouldn't have to worry about the Curse of Kind anymore :) 

45 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

The Curse of Kind seems to be a kind of "bad luck" that follows an individual, causing bad things to happen because of its relation to Fortune.

I think then, that the best way to cure it would be to remove the effects from your Spiritweb via chromium Hemalurgy. It is my belief that the "destiny" that chromium Hemalurgy might steal is simply the Fortune of the individual you took it from, but it is somehow shaped by the individual's Spiritweb so that it pushes the individual to act in certain ways, causing them to potentially usurp the destiny of the donor.

If this is the case, you could use chromium Hemalurgy to remove the bad Fortune from a person who had the Curse of Kind, Heal them with a form of Investiture such as gold medallions (just not so much that they completely regrow the lost Spiritweb or you'll just go back to where you started) and then you could give them a different chromium spike containing someone else's shaped Fortune to get a "healthy" destiny. Just make sure that the Fortune you use to graft on to your patient isn't somehow worse than the original.

If you want to take it one step further, you could blank the Identity of the donor of the new destiny to make it possible to Allomantically splice into the patient's Spiritweb, which may patch them up better.

In the end, the person you're trying to cure may end up with some spiritual scarring, and they might have some other weird side effects from having someone else's destiny spliced into their Spiritweb, but they shouldn't have to worry about the Curse of Kind anymore :) 

While this might work, the spiritual scarring could be way worse than the curse of kind ever was. And I doubt more hemalurgy would help that. Ripping a chunk out of someone's soul and then only partially healing it is near certainly going to be worse than a little bad luck.

16 hours ago, Nameless said:

While this might work, the spiritual scarring could be way worse than the curse of kind ever was. And I doubt more hemalurgy would help that. Ripping a chunk out of someone's soul and then only partially healing it is near certainly going to be worse than a little bad luck.

Having a spiritual scar would be like being a drab, but worse.

Volratho

If someone was tapping gold, would spiking a separate ability out of them kill them? Or would it work at all?

Brandon Sanderson

It is possible to spike someone without killing them. But they'd never be the same. It would be worse than being a drab.

And here's what the Coppermind Wiki has to say.

Without Breath, colors lose their vibrancy and their other senses are dulled. Contrary to what many people believe in Hallandren, being without a breath has significant negative effects. They feel less emotion and are more susceptible to depression. A person's allure decreases, as does the strength of their immune system. The latter stems from the fact that Breath acts as a sort of magical booster for the body, and thus the body doesn't need to build up immunity. Due to these facts, they typically have a shorter lifespan. Drabs lack life sense (the instinctive feeling to know if someone is watching them) and do not register on the life sense of others. A Drab is also incapable of Returning.

Okay, you may have a point. I still think that some people would rather suffer being a drab-esc being in order to escape the Curse of Kind, but it probably depends on how desperate the person is.

Although, I wonder if you could also mitigate the negative side effects of being made drab via Hemalurgy by receiving a little Bio-Chromatic Breath? Maybe that would make the procedure more viable. 

6 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

Having a spiritual scar would be like being a drab, but worse.

And here's what the Coppermind Wiki has to say.

Okay, you may have a point. I still think that some people would rather suffer being a drab-esc being in order to escape the Curse of Kind, but it probably depends on how desperate the person is.

Although, I wonder if you could also mitigate the negative side effects of being made drab via Hemalurgy by receiving a little Bio-Chromatic Breath? Maybe that would make the procedure more viable. 

That’s with full F-gold healing. So it would be even worse than that.