love marriage spam bot

Elf

why does this weird ass bot keep haunting the website? is it from india, since it uses hindi and names indian locations? 

also, i know nothing about bots or computers, so i dont understand. why cant it be banned or something?

Edited by Elf

4 hours ago, Elf said:

why does this weird ass bot keep haunting the website? is it from india, since it uses hindi and names indian locations? 

also, i know nothing about bots or computers, so i dont understand. why cant it be banned or something?

Spam bots just keep coming. They can and are banned, but more just keep popping up. Just report them. Go to the spam post, hit the report button (that's the grey flag icon near the top of the post), tell the mods this is a spammer.

Yeah, this is a daily occurrence. Report them and we have easy ways to nuke them, but reporting notifies every moderator there is a problem, and we can get rid of them quickly.

• 1 month later...

So I tried to change my email notifications to a daily digest hoping that it'd stop bombarding my email with these notifications from the spam bots, but for some reason, I get them all as new emails anyway, and all my other messages as a daily digest

thoughts on why that is and what I need to unfollow or whatever to not get 50+ emails to my inbox from the bot messages?