52 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

You would know!!!!

Blind accusation. Cool 

45 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

That you were able to come up with details for so many people that formed into a coherent tiered reads list. Comparing to

and

with 15 minutes in the day.

Idk what you want me to say when your argument is ‘elims give reads lists D1’ and you cite two recent examples of elims doing just that. It looks like that form of effort is elim meta, which is disappointing, but like if you want to kill me because I told y’all my thoughts on everybody then go ahead :P.

I’ll be afk for awhile, sorry

19 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Blind accusation. Cool 

Not blind axhtully! I did vote for u during the day and while i didn't share why in the thread, i most certainly had reasons and those have only solidified since, along with adding a certain vulture to the mix as i explained my reasoning to them and conveniently they seem to have forgotten that and decided i be sus enough to vote on and kill with such little reasoning!!! I hold no grudges. Never. Ever. Nope.

1 hour ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Not blind axhtully! I did vote for u during the day and while i didn't share why in the thread, i most certainly had reasons and those have only solidified since, along with adding a certain vulture to the mix as i explained my reasoning to them and conveniently they seem to have forgotten that and decided i be sus enough to vote on and kill with such little reasoning!!! I hold no grudges. Never. Ever. Nope.

What are those reasons, then? Keeping them to yourself only serves for confusion and makes people like myself not take said reads that seriously.

54 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

What are those reasons, then? Keeping them to yourself only serves for confusion and makes people like myself not take said reads that seriously.

Croc might have more reasons accumulated by now (feel free to add on), but what they told me boils down to your vote (Weasel) mismatching your suspicions (Scorp). I did not forget this, Croc, and I'm confused as to what conveyed the impression that I overlooked it - I made it distinctly clear that as long as we weren't exeing Scorp or Weasel, I'd be on board with any train. As should be the case, in my opinion, for any villager on D1 (willing to exe anyone but their village reads). I did, however, express discomfort exeing any of the three leading exes, as should be obvious given the fact that I suggested we start a new train near the end of turn.

AuRel was good at hiding. He had to be. Always quiet, always watching, trying to figure out the people. So strange to him sometimes, so hard to figure out, to understand. He was supposed to watch and listen, to figure out how to imitate them. He'd been out here for (How many lifetimes now? Nevermind) a long time and still hadn't learned what he needed to.

Now, though, with imposters ready to weed out the weak, the separate, the invisible, he couldn't afford to hide.

He walked up behind the Cody person ~silent always silent~ and tapped him on the shoulder, asking the first question that came to mind. "What's your opinion on trees?"

edit: @Fuchsia Ostrich

Edited by Melon Dingo

Cody raises a hand to his walkie-talkie.

"Hey everyone, Cody here."

Honestly, the other Mistrunners were way too terse and businesslike over the public comms channel. It would do some good to be more friendly sometimes.

"Just a PSA to stay sharp tonight. If you have some kind of special ability you can do at night time for some reason, then... I think you should probably remember to do it!!"

"Thanks. Cody out. Have a good night!"

Cody advances through the facility, a handgun drawn in each hand, pointing in every which way with evidently poor trigger discipline. Word has gotten out that there's a full-blown containment breach, and Ruin if that doesn't sound ominous. He shivers. Best find some other Mistrunners to stick around. Even a highly talented Mistrunner such as himself could benefit from having somebody to watch his back. That isn't cowardly. It's only logical.

Honestly, the concept of magic cyborg shapeshifting replicant assassins sounds pretty cool. If you ignore the part about them probably trying to kill you. Which is a part that is probably best to ignore. Think about it. Who gets to say they've gone up against something like that and walked out of it? Nobody, that's who. Sounds like a fast-track to becoming one of the greats, like Twei.

"What's your opinion on trees?"

Cody emits a shriek and spins around, before belatedly raising his weapons to point in the general direction of the other.

"Rusts, man, you startled me! And I dunno trees are okay I guess??? They make apples and cherries and oxygen and stuff I mean what's not to like?!"

Slowly, he lowers his weapons back down.

"I mean... It's fine. I'm fine. Trees? Kind of boring, honestly. Kind of dated. Trees aren't very cyberpunk."

"I'm just a bit jumpy is all. It's good to take a job seriously, you know? Of course you know, that's why your sneaking around like that. Right? I wouldn't mind a few pointers in how you move so rusting quietly, if I do say so. It's-- Of course I know how to do something like that already, I'm very good at being a Mistrunner, but I wouldn't mind knowing how you do it, is what I mean. Sharing notes, from one professional Mistrunner to another."

"You're... You're you, right?" Cody gives the newcomer a concerned look. "What's your name, anyways?"

Edited by Fuchsia Ostrich

I was not expecting night discussion. Let's do this then.

The town didn’t have its rust together, so forcing a kill was unnecessary. I want more distribution speculation, but a moderate guess of three scum would allow them to block the kill if they voted together. We need much more town confidence to get a contentious kill through. 

Scorpion has selectively doled out information about their approach to the game, creating a divide between the informed who trust them and the ignorant. I would like an explanation of their strategy akin to what Vulture received.

• Scorpion, why did your vote remain on Falcon despite the personal danger posed to you?
  • Penguin, why didn’t you pursue a Hyena kill more strongly?
  • Meerkat, why did you think wanting to hear Crocodile’s reasons for voting Penguin was a good enough reason not to vote for them? You suspected them, yet seemed hopeful you would mindmeld on a Penguin read.
  • Swan, why did you feel the need to say - And since Scorp is the other vote with me on Falcon, I don't feel too bad about retracting that vote ?  
  • Swan, you appear to be in the minority with your scum read of Vulture for having bad train analysis. What do you think we’re missing?
  • Mouse, which tier is which in your reads list? Which of Swan and Penguin do you trust more?
  • Hyena, why didn't you push for my death more strongly when you had the chance?

1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

Croc might have more reasons accumulated by now (feel free to add on), but what they told me boils down to your vote (Weasel) mismatching your suspicions (Scorp). I did not forget this, Croc, and I'm confused as to what conveyed the impression that I overlooked it - I made it distinctly clear that as long as we weren't exeing Scorp or Weasel, I'd be on board with any train. As should be the case, in my opinion, for any villager on D1 (willing to exe anyone but their village reads). I did, however, express discomfort exeing any of the three leading exes, as should be obvious given the fact that I suggested we start a new train near the end of turn.

mmmmm selective memory loss i see. tis a problem, that. ur explanation is not what the sus 'boils down to' thnx.  in fact, if u go bak to reed what i told you methinx u wud find that i never even specifically said the stab mismatching the sus so i find it veeeeeeerrrryyyyyy interesting that this is what you seem to have taken from that. verrrryyyy interesting.

wut i didn't like wuz the downplay of the collection of sus things said by penguin about scorp that thoosse wur bad reasons when is not like many reeasonsons on d1 r any bedder. and wen u got someone who display all those, y not stabby stab dem? seems to me that if you numerate so many discrepancies like dat and expresssss suspishuns for the person who display such discrepancies, and then dont vote on them, there be a reason for it - and the reazons i can think of are mooostly evil reason. 1) sussed person is villager and u point out issues so other villageys can be like 'oooooh ya know thas a gooooodddd point' and then they become sus of mr/mrs/ms villager who jus happeneneed to say the wrong thing in the wrong way with the wrong font at the wrong time and then BOOOMMM they die and u dont have to be incriminated cuz u didn't vote!!!! 2) sussed person is elim and u want to seem like village so u point out these things but u also dont reaeeeeaaaaalllly wannt to be the start vote on teammate so u just let it slidde to see what peeps think.

far as i can tell, the only reason flightless bird even wanted to officially stabby stab scorp was cuz vulture was like "i agreez wid u but y u not do stabs scorp he got a massive stinger and is kinda sus" so then penguin be like "oh fine i agrreez wid vulture spoooose i'll stab scorp now"

is weird that it realz didnt take much pressure at all for penguin to be like dat. but do it in a way thass like "i agree with this other person" speshly since that other person had been like "i agree with penguin". so much agreememments goin on there. but then, like, evil peeps dont like being inconsistent so if they called out on being inconsistent, makes sense why theyd be like "uhhhhh yeah ill do this villagey thing yep cuz i totally be a villager and dont need prompting to be a good villager"

is weird right????

also no wut else i finds suppppppeeerrrr weeeiiiiirrrrrd and also ssuuuuuuuuuuppppppeeeeeerrrrr intrsting? the last 4 hours of the day. yup. super intriszting.

goin into those last three hours, there da officially stabby stab is with scorp 2, falcon 2, and then weasel, ostrich, and swan all sittin' at 1 and there's me down at 0 cuz vulture'd just taken their stab off me cuz they hadn't gotten anything from it, and then what happens? penguin votes on me with a little over 3.5 hours left of the turn, which is totes chills ya know? is fine. i stab him he stabs me we good. well, 'cept for the fact that i'd stab him again and again until he ded but thas jus the way things are when u think someone's evil ya no? anyways. back to my toe....i mean point. like a pencil point, and not the toe of a paint brush which is the part where the bristles are - did u know that? I didn't until i just now when i googled it to see what another similar thing to a utensil "point" would be that does not use the word point cuz i wanted to be funny and now i've just expalined it waaaaaayyyyyy too much and digreessssseeeeddd farrrrrrrr too long.

where was i

OH RIGHT - the stabby stab with less than 3.5 hours to go now. falcon stabs ostrich, which is whatevs (no offense, i'm sure it was a good stab) and then MOUSE comes in to be like "CROC" with nothin else? post seems to indicate a gut read about me, but if thats the case, u shuld get ur get checked mouse, cuz i hate to break it to u but its a darkfriend and no one wants a darkfriend as their gut unless they'rreee allso a darkfriend. But that brings us to the last hour - cuz mouses' vote was EXACTLY at the hour mark.

So vote is now scorp, falcon and croc all tied at 2, and swan breaks the tie and stabs for scorp (thx swan!!!) but vulture don't like that so even though just a few hours before they were like "my stab on croc was impulsive to see the reaxtion and i didnt get anything so imma let that sit" and they'd mentioned a few players that did not include croc on their elims read and croc had NOT posted since that elims read, all of a suddens, vulture stabs croc (me) saying they're trying to keep the pressure up.

uhhhh wut

whyyyyyy???

u elim read swan and light elim reead penguin, falcon and hyena and village read scorp and weasel - so i see why u dont like scorp exe and want scorp and weasel to stay living oxygenated animals but like.............if u that concerned, why u be like "i gud with vote manips making this decision between this person who i gots a null read on and this person i trust" when by that point in time, penguin had 2 votes on him because meerkat had voted penguin and u had stated u had light elim read on penguin so y not switch vote to penguin so it be 3 on penguin and 3 on scorp and then it be vote manip decide between person u light elim read and person u trust? would that not have been better???

and then u be like "y u not say stuff before EoD when u be on????" maybe because like, almost 3 pages had been added to thread and i was at work and doing work stuff and only able to check thread during light downtime which wasn't much, so yeah was online but was also busy. like busy enough that i totes missed rollover had happened and had been composing a post for day turn and went to post and then was told "NOPE YOU CAN'T POST THIS THREAD BE CLOSED" and looked at the time was like "OH NOES THE DAY ENDED 36 MINUTES AGO!!!!" and then when i refreshed the page all of a sudden there were like another 2 pages and i realized i almost died wut was that??????

dont like u vulture. u inconsistent and super sus. i like u less than penguin. leaving the possibility open for evil team of penguin and vulture, but probababally unlikekly. maybe i wont stabs penguin again and again until he deds. maybe i stab u next. sktechy sketch u r.

11 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Hyena, why didn't you push for my death more strongly when you had the chance?

I don't think a no-lynch was even seriously up for discussion at that point. At least, I didn't think that people would actually allow that to happen. I'm suspicious of Amber Vulture for supporting a tie- I don't think it's a given that a tie will be broken by vote-manippers, especially if the elim team winds up having several.

32 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

"I'm just a bit jumpy is all. It's good to take a job seriously, you know? Of course you know, that's why your sneaking around like that. Right? I wouldn't mind a few pointers in how you move so rusting quietly, if I do say so. It's-- Of course I know how to do something like that already, I'm very good at being a Mistrunner, but I wouldn't mind knowing how you do it, is what I mean. Sharing notes, from one professional Mistrunner to another."

"You're... You're you, right?" Cody gives the newcomer a concerned look. "What's your name, anyways?"

"Umm... I'm not sure if I could teach it?" He paused and thought for a moment, then spoke carefully. "It has to do with not doing some of the things you do without thinking about, and it has to do with walking differently, and it has just a bit to do with shoes.

"I... think... so...? I'm not sure how I... could be not I..." He trailed off, then remembered the Cody person's last question. "Sorry. It's Rel."

"How do you do your quiet moving? And do most professional Mistrunners walk by their lonesomes in places like this?"

I don't think I like Crocodile. Gutread null- probably... just a general HMMMMM I guess. 

22 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

back to my toe....i mean point. like a pencil point, and not the toe of a paint brush which is the part where the bristles are - did u know that? I didn't until i just now when i googled it to see what another similar thing to a utensil "point" would be that does not use the word point cuz i wanted to be funny and now i've just expalined it waaaaaayyyyyy too much and digreessssseeeeddd farrrrrrrr too long.

This part is oddish. It seems calculated kinda? to make us associate fun with Croc, which is a thing that is manipulation and meant to make folk gutread Croc more village because he's fun

Also if Croc's not a new Werewolf/Mafia player he should know to not claim and Croc doesn't feel like a new Werewolf/Mafia player. 

HOWEVER, if Croc's quoting accurately, those feel like good, game relevant points and I'm not sure if that should mess with my read or not...

(edit)TL;DRSummary: I think I gutread Croc null- and maybe headread Croc null+, depending on the results of a fact check I'm going to get around to sometime. (probly tomorrow or the day after)

Is it weird to read a player two different ways with my two different brains? (skullbrain and gutbrain)

Edited by Melon Dingo

14 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

This part is oddish. It seems calculated kinda? to make us associate fun with Croc, which is a thing that is manipulation and meant to make folk gutread Croc more village because he's fun

excooooosssseeee me but i said in like my.....second?/??? post of this game that this playstyle is not a calculated thing but is my adhd let loose cuz i realized while playing a previous game with a veerrrrrrryyyyy simlilar playstyle some time ago that i had FUN and it was GREAT and i shuld let my adhd loose when i play because is FUN. so that was all just a factual thing. i really did be like "back to my point" and then I was like - wait let's chaotic that up a bit" *tries to think of other tips of things - you've got pencil points and pen points and.....i didn't actually get past that. and then i was like "PAINT BRUSHES!!!" And then I was like "BRISTLES" and then I was like "I'm pretty sure the tip of a paint brush is NOT called bristles, though that's what's on the point.....let's google that" *googles "tip of paint brush"* "It's toe???? wutttttt????????" *deletes "point" and replaces it with "toe" and then goes on tangent about that so people aren't confused like i would be if I saw that and think it was referring to like a toe of a foot because while i suppose the toee of your foot is also a sort of point?????? its not exactly the kind of point i was going for ya know????

9 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

"Umm... I'm not sure if I could teach it?" He paused and thought for a moment, then spoke carefully. "It has to do with not doing some of the things you do without thinking about, and it has to do with walking differently, and it has just a bit to do with shoes.

"I... think... so...? I'm not sure how I... could be not I..." He trailed off, then remembered the Cody person's last question. "Sorry. It's Rel."

"How do you do your quiet moving? And do most professional Mistrunners walk by their lonesomes in places like this?"

"Hello Rel!" Cody waves, while surreptitiously examining Rel's shoes for any high-tech and/or mystical properties.

"Yeah, a lot of us Mistrunner types are lone wolves," he explains in a hardboiled fashion. "We can't rely on nobody to look out for us. Nobody has our back. Mistrunners like me are just too darn badchull to need that sort of thing. And the more successful you get, well, the more enemies you have. I have lots of enemies, back where I'm from," Cody explains proudly. "A real Mistrunner doesn't need to trust anybody! We live by the strength of our own wit, and, er... Strength."

"...anyways... A- Are you saying you're not a professional Mistrunner? Er. What brings you out here on this fine night? You... You know there's a containment breach, right?"

oh also *she

also also

26 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Also if Croc's not a new Werewolf/Mafia player he should know to not claim

clearly i never learned this. i.....hm. thinking  about, i think the majority of the SE games my role has been known to the thread at some point or other - sometimes super early, because i just.....don't care about role claims? if i die, i die and that's just the way of things. roles are not the most useful thing to game solve. that's your brain and analysis. thooooo what i did in the last hour is perchanceahaps the most anananalyis i've done in SE in like 4 yrs.

.......that cannot be right. yikes. i shud realllllllyyyy play more >>

ANYWAY my toe is that i often roleclaim as i never expect to survive for long regardless of if i've roleclaimed or not and while sure this is an anon game and therefore theoretically i could surivvew for longer i lamost died in a last hour lynch so CLERALY this is not so. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

5 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Well. Thnx guyyyyss much appreciated for that late train thanks for not killing me you would've probably hated being without PMs the rest of the gaaaaaame :))))))))))))))))

I’d also like to request Prudence to not put me in any PMs.

"Heartfeel" Reads (minimal logic, emotion-based instinct reactions - subject to change as new posts roll in - list order does not matter)

• Amber Vulture: If I had to vote at the same point as Amber, I'd probably have done the same as them for the same reason. I have more thoughts on their posts since being put on the defensive, but I'll need to do a proper analysis isolation of the people involved before I take one stance or another. 
  • Coral Swan: Coral's opening posts felt pure to me, and I agree with everything they've said. Will reevaluate later, but I'm removing them from my D1 pool of suspects.
  • Indigo Weasel
  • Mauve Crocodile: Oh boy, I both love and hate Croc already (no offense on the hate :P). Your posts are like chaos incarnate; fortunately, I found your posting to be Chaotic Good rather than Chaotic Evil. Leaning village for now, though I expect your chosen playstyle will cause me difficulty in the future :P
  • Emerald Falcon: but I would like to see more than a vote count and a vote on an inactive. @Emerald Falcon why Fuchsia? More importantly, why not anyone that's posted more?
  • Magenta Albatross: Although their first post was just direct responses (RP nonwithstanding), their nonchalance towards being voted is comforting somehow.
  • Mauve Crocodile:  I'm not sure how I feel about the retraction off Weasel and subsequent encouragement for people to vote Scorpion. Possible E/E?
  • Fuchsia Ostrich: Amusing RP, albeit NAI. Need more (or longer posts) to establish a baseline feel.
  • Azure Mouse: one post, one analyzable paragraph, and its RP semantics :(@Azure Mouse do you have any opinions on the players so far?
  • Charcoal Hyena: RP choice makes their content more difficult to parse than I'd like, and I disllike how easy their initial townreads were. Their subsequent Elim reading of Weasel and Dingo is both offputting and reassuring.
  • Oxblood Beagle
  • Melon Dingo: Casting their opening post aside, their lighthearted tone is disarming, and their comment to thread about paranoia of group PMs feels nothing like genuine.
  • Amethyst Scorpion: Hm, this might be the player with my least favorite opening post. Not a fan of the firm language. Possible slip?

3 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

Croc might have more reasons accumulated by now (feel free to add on), but what they told me boils down to your vote (Weasel) mismatching your suspicions (Scorp). 

That makes no sense, though, because my Weasel vote was a poke that was cast before developing any suspicions and came off the second I did. If this is a typo and you're referring to Croc instead of Weasel, then that also doesn't make much sense because I made my reasons for switching from Scorpion clear and I stated my Croc suspicion in my reads list, so it wasn't like it was new.

57 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Penguin, why didn’t you pursue a Hyena kill more strongly?

It was near EoD, I was on mobile paying only half-attention, and I hadn't seen anyone besides me interested in a Hyena kill while Croc had other votes.

56 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

mmmmm selective memory loss i see. tis a problem, that. ur explanation is not what the sus 'boils down to' thnx.  in fact, if u go bak to reed what i told you methinx u wud find that i never even specifically said the stab mismatching the sus so i find it veeeeeeerrrryyyyyy interesting that this is what you seem to have taken from that. verrrryyyy interesting.

Huh, well, ignore the first paragraph of this post then :P. Idk.

wut i didn't like wuz the downplay of the collection of sus things said by penguin about scorp that thoosse wur bad reasons when is not like many reeasonsons on d1 r any bedder. and wen u got someone who display all those, y not stabby stab dem? seems to me that if you numerate so many discrepancies like dat and expresssss suspishuns for the person who display such discrepancies, and then dont vote on them, there be a reason for it

I don't think I ever said the reasons for Scorp were bad reasons. My viewpoint did change based on comments from others and my own reflection, but that's not the same thing. I feel like I made my progression decently clear but I've had to explain it like three times so maybe not xD I changed my mind, that's all. It wasn't like I was planning to unvote Scorp at the time I cast my vote for them, otherwise why would I have cast the vote?

far as i can tell, the only reason flightless bird even wanted to officially stabby stab scorp was cuz vulture was like "i agreez wid u but y u not do stabs scorp he got a massive stinger and is kinda sus" so then penguin be like "oh fine i agrreez wid vulture spoooose i'll stab scorp now"

That is... decidedly not what happened :P. I was definitely side-eyeing Scorp on my own (Exhibit A) but there were thoughts going through my head that weren't put in the thread that dated to before I had the time to make the post I linked. I would have voted Scorp right there whether Vulture did or not.

is weird that it realz didnt take much pressure at all for penguin to be like dat

Why do I need pressure to have suspicions or to cast a vote?

and there's me down at 0 cuz vulture'd just taken their stab off me cuz they hadn't gotten anything from it, and then what happens? penguin votes on me with a little over 3.5 hours left of the turn, which is totes chills ya know? is fine.

(Just to be clear, when I cast my vote I thought Vulture was still voting you. That's why I picked you over Hyena so easily).

I like the rest of that post. Makes me reconsider Vulture (and you, somewhat), which I probably need, on both counts.

42 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

I don't think a no-lynch was even seriously up for discussion at that point. At least, I didn't think that people would actually allow that to happen. I'm suspicious of Amber Vulture for supporting a tie- I don't think it's a given that a tie will be broken by vote-manippers, especially if the elim team winds up having several.

Vulture never supported a tie, to be fair. They didn't unvote, yeah, but no one else did either, and Vulture made it clear they'd rather someone was exed.

Pretty sure Scorp's 'list' is c/pd from AG Hyena, to stall any confusion. But it might just not be, I didn't check :P.

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin

Just now, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I’d also like to request Prudence to not put me in any PMs.

kk araris :P

2 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Mauve Crocodile:  I'm not sure how I feel about the retraction off Weasel and subsequent encouragement for people to vote Scorpion. Possible E/E?

huuhhhhh?????? i didn't vote on weasel or encourage people to vote on you tho???? r u confuzzling me with someone else???

3 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

huuhhhhh?????? i didn't vote on weasel or encourage people to vote on you tho???? r u confuzzling me with someone else???

5 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Pretty sure Scorp's 'list' is c/pd from AG Hyena, to stall any confusion. But it might just not be, I didn't check :P.

:P 

ahhhhhh that's.....an interesting choice???

edit: achtully it might not be a c/p? i dontsa know cuz i wasn't playin the ag and while i probs shudda been payin attention to it, i.....wasn't really????? >> but i just noticed that i'm in the green section and that notation 1000000%%%% matches this game. btw scorp i'm not upset about the hate! totes get it! we cool!

Edited by Mauve Crocodile

13 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

kk araris :P

AHEM.

Chartreuse Penguin:  I'm not sure how I feel about the retraction off Weasel and subsequent encouragement for people to vote Scorpion. Possible E/E?

ED1T:

"Heartfeel" Reads (minimal logic, emotion-based instinct reactions - subject to change as new posts roll in - list order does not matter)

• Amber Vulture: If I had to vote at the same point as Amber, I'd probably have done the same as them for the same reason. I have more thoughts on their posts since being put on the defensive, but I'll need to do a proper analysis isolation of the people involved before I take one stance or another. 
  • Coral Swan: Coral's opening posts felt pure to me, and I agree with everything they've said. Will reevaluate later, but I'm removing them from my D1 pool of suspects.
  • Indigo Weasel
  • Mauve Crocodile: Oh boy, I both love and hate Croc already (no offense on the hate :P). Your posts are like chaos incarnate; fortunately, I found your posting to be Chaotic Good rather than Chaotic Evil. Leaning village for now, though I expect your chosen playstyle will cause me difficulty in the future :P
  • Emerald Falcon: but I would like to see more than a vote count and a vote on an inactive. @Emerald Falcon why Fuchsia? More importantly, why not anyone that's posted more?
  • Magenta Albatross: Although their first post was just direct responses (RP nonwithstanding), their nonchalance towards being voted is comforting somehow.
  • Chartreuse Penguin:  I'm not sure how I feel about the retraction off Weasel and subsequent encouragement for people to vote Scorpion. Possible E/E?
  • Fuchsia Ostrich: Amusing RP, albeit NAI. Need more (or longer posts) to establish a baseline feel.
  • Azure Mouse: one post, one analyzable paragraph, and its RP semantics :(@Azure Mouse do you have any opinions on the players so far?
  • Charcoal Hyena: RP choice makes their content more difficult to parse than I'd like, and I disllike how easy their initial townreads were. Their subsequent Elim reading of Weasel and Dingo is both offputting and reassuring.
  • Oxblood Beagle
  • Melon Dingo: Casting their opening post aside, their lighthearted tone is disarming, and their comment to thread about paranoia of group PMs feels nothing like genuine.
  • Amethyst Scorpion: Hm, this might be the player with my least favorite opening post. Not a fan of the firm language. Possible slip?

Ahem.

1 hour ago, Indigo Weasel said:

The town didn’t have its rust together

The town didn’t have its rust together

Indigo Weasel

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

1 minute ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Chartreuse Penguin:  I'm not sure how I feel about the retraction off Weasel and subsequent encouragement for people to vote Scorpion. Possible E/E?

I was wondering why I wasn't on the list :P.

Why do people keep mentioning my Weasel vote? It was a poke. It was cast before anything had happened. I don't recall encouraging anyone to vote anyone at any point in the cycle, either.

Swan, why did you feel the need to say - And since Scorp is the other vote with me on Falcon, I don't feel too bad about retracting that vote ?

Mostly because I felt a bit guilty about abandoning my vote near the end of the turn. I would usually try and push some other folks to join me.

Swan, you appear to be in the minority with your scum read of Vulture for having bad train analysis. What do you think we’re missing?

Nothing? I gave my reasoning for why that analysis was bad, and while bad analysis =/= elim, I think it is a point against them. Haven't really heard anyone else chime in on the matter, or if they did I skimmed past it.

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I don't really have a good answer for that because I think it's a flawed assumption. I think I've made my approach to today specifically clear. 

I mean, looking at the post in question I'm not really wrong :P (Post in question)

Similarities found:

Spoiler
  • Swan read is identical
  • Meerkat read became first Croc read
  • Iguana read, slightly modified, became Dingo read
  • Dingo read became Mouse read
  • Cham read became Vulture read
  • Second Croc read is identical (the one meant to be me)
  • Penguin read became Falcon read
  • Gorilla read became Ostrich read
  • Ostrich read, slightly modified, became Alb read
  • Octo read, slightly modified, became Hyena read

Now, I don't think that makes your reads any less legitimate, even if they might be less useful than they would be in your own words (unless they are in your own words :ph34r:) and I don't want to imply that. I also don't think you're necessarily elim for this either. If you're elim for anything, it's for implying that my assumption was wrong when it clearly wasn't :P I also did a quick scan of your posts and I can't find where you clarified your approach, so could you kindly do that again?

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin