Enlightened spren

Stormblessed04

Question

9 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Stormblessed04 said:

What abilities would each order of the Knights Radiant gain with an enlightened spren, so what power would each order gain if their spren were to be enlightened?

No idea, we've only seen one Radiant Bond with an Enlightened spren and even there we're not quite clear yet how to classify his abilities

3 minutes ago, Stormblessed04 said:

Yes, what kind of abilities would each radiant order gain if their spren was "enlightened" or in other terms corrupted by Sja-Anat, cause we think that Renarin's illumination surge creates his visions, and that brought up this question

We see Renarin use Illumination in Rhythm of War

"Renarin claimed the spren was trustworthy, but something was odd about his powers. They had managed to recruit several standard Truthwatchers—and they could create illusions like Shallan. Renarin couldn’t do that. He could only summon lights, and they did strange, unnatural things sometimes.…"

I prefer to think of Renarin's futuresight as a combination of both of his Surges: Illumination of  Progression, he illuminates how things might progress

We don't even really know that Renarin's use of Truthwatcher surges is different from what regular mist spren grant. The only explicit description of the Truthwatcher order is that "their [Truthwatchers'] order being formed entirely of those who never spoke or wrote of what they did" (WoR, chapter 52, epigraph). Though, tantalizingly, in one of the gem drawers in Urithiru a record says "I foresaw this." (Oathbringer, chapter 85, epigraph). It's not clear that this describes a surge-fueled vision of the future versus mundane analysis, or even that the record was left by a Truthwatcher.

But maybe the future sight is still in some way tied to the order without the need for Sja Anat's enlightenment.

Edited by Returned

On 3/31/2022 at 5:23 AM, Honorless said:

I prefer to think of Renarin's futuresight as a combination of both of his Surges: Illumination of  Progression, he illuminates how things might progress

Or Progression of Illumination. How the appearance of things will progress (because all of his visions are visual).

10 hours ago, Stormblessed0421 said:

Enlightened as in corrupted by Sja-Anat?

Yes, what kind of abilities would each radiant order gain if their spren was "enlightened" or in other terms corrupted by Sja-Anat, cause we think that Renarin's illumination surge creates his visions, and that brought up this question

1 hour ago, Honorless said:

We see Renarin use Illumination in Rhythm of War

"Renarin claimed the spren was trustworthy, but something was odd about his powers. They had managed to recruit several standard Truthwatchers—and they could create illusions like Shallan. Renarin couldn’t do that. He could only summon lights, and they did strange, unnatural things sometimes.…"

I understand that, but it also makes me wonder what the other order's surges would be affected, I already know that Adhesion wouldn't be affected because it's purely of Honor, but other surges would be curious to see how they're affected

11 hours ago, Returned said:

We don't even really know that Renarin's use of Truthwatcher surges is different from what regular mist spren grant. The only explicit description of the Truthwatcher order is that "their [Truthwatchers'] order being formed entirely of those who never spoke or wrote of what they did" (WoR, chapter 52, epigraph). Though, tantalizingly, in one of the gem drawers in Urithiru a record says "I foresaw this." (Oathbringer, chapter 85, epigraph). It's not clear that this describes a surge-fueled vision of the future versus mundane analysis, or even that the record was left by a Truthwatcher.

But maybe the future sight is still in some way tied to the order without the need for Sja Anat's enlightenment.

That would be interesting to find out in future installments of the Stormlight Archives