SP4 Spoiler Stream Immediate reaction

AerionBFII

I have just blitzed the spoiler stream and I am honestly shocked and amazed how much Brandon gave away, there is so much here to work with and speculate on and I am curious about what caught the attention of you guys. Apologies if this seems rushed. 

What was the WOB that most resonated with you or opened your eyes the most?

For me personally the revelations/confirmations that:

Spoiler

Confirmation that The Dust Brigade has been retconned into the Night Brigade due to Brandon having a character already named Dusk, so BS chose a more generic name That was inspired by the Black Company.
Secondly that this seems to be a Thronodite organisation

Their goal in hunting down Nomad seems linked to their desire to locate a Dawnshard which Sigzil now confirms to have held briefly, which is the same one held by Hoid.

The most eye raising WOb seems to confirm that 'Connection can be traced', which is why Nomad is so paranoid about being caught as it will lead the Nightbrigade to his loved ones and his master.

The time frame of the Sigzil book takes place around or slightly past Sixth of Dusk

Edited by AerionBFII

Spoiler

For me I was amazed Brandon confirmed that Sigzil and Hoid held the same dawnshard.

A black Company themed Secret organisation makes me nervous.

I guess we have confirmation that Shallan is not strictly an apprentice of Hoid but that she was considered.

Kaladin is my favourite character, I had a sliver of hope he’d shut his mouth and listen to Hoid so he’d be more cosmere relevant  Sigh  

Then why does Hoid still wear that uniform? Or does he? Is the picture Sigzil sees real or can Hoid choose anything he wants and the uniform is meant to send a message?

And this being centuries in the future how can he expect to see Kaladin?

38 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Then why does Hoid still wear that uniform? Or does he? Is the picture Sigzil sees real or can Hoid choose anything he wants and the uniform is meant to send a message?

And this being centuries in the future how can he expect to see Kaladin?

I honestly have no idea. When Aux helped to connect Sig and Hoid, he appeared to mistake Hoid as Kal. I am unsure whether Hoid did this intentionally to grab sigzils intention or if Sigzil was just desperate to see Kaladin. The fact Hoid was wearing the uniform was probably Hoid being a showman or playing into nostalgia. So I'd agree with you that he seems to have a little wiggle room to project himself how he wants

I’d love for Kaladin to play a larger role within the Cosmere but I don’t think Brandon will go that route. I think Sigzil was so shocked to see Kal was because of how much time he spent in the run and never expected to see him again. 

Edited by AerionBFII