Livestream#1: implications for SP#3 and SP#4

Oltux72

• Not in the Cognitive Realm
  • Had to fit three new stars into the Cosmere

I am afraid that rules out Silverlight, Kingmaker and Silence Divine.
Most likely also Liar of Partinel. They must know where Yolen is.

Does it also rule out Innovation's residence? Brandon has said things that could be interpreted as Innovation not residing on a planet. But they are fitting suns, not planets, into the model. Innovation could still be residing on a fleet of space ships in orbit around a sun.

(it's Invention not Innovation)

I take "Invention not residing on a planet" as meaning that Invention is currently not Invested-bound anywhere in the physical, rather than that his physical presence is somewhere in space. Essentially that all of him is in the SR. I wouldn't bet on it, but if I had to bet, I think it would be more likely that we get to meet Mercy or Valor than that we get to meet Invention.

Edited by CryoZenith
typo

1 hour ago, CryoZenith said:

I take "Invention not residing on a planet" as meaning that Invention is currently not Invested-bound anywhere in the physical, rather than that his physical presence is somewhere in space. Essentially that all of him is in the SR. I wouldn't bet on it, but if I had to bet, I think it would be more likely that we get to meet Mercy or Valor than that we get to meet Invention.

Because Invention is in a place ordinary people cannot go to, or are there additional reasons?

I basically just think Invention is probably in residence nowhere, rather than in residence somewhere that isn't a planet. I pretty much picture him as Odium was before he came to Roshar, unbound to a specific planet. And I am making the assumption that when a shard is unbound/has no resident planet, they are hard to find by everyone, not just ordinary people, but also worldhoppers and even other shards. There might be worlds minorly influenced by his Investiture, like Ashyn is by Cultivation or First of the Sun is by Autonomy, but probably nothing else.

I think this is more likely than him residing in a fleet of spaceships or something because if he really was just in that sort of conjecture, I don't see why Sazed would be unable to locate him.

Edited by CryoZenith