Hello!

Mono

Hello! I just made an account! Brandon was my first real exposure to the fantasy genre, as the books I read before that were novels like Percy Jackson. I was recommended Way Of Kings on Amazon, saw the thousands of five star reviews, and read it all on a family road trip. I was hooked, and the moment we got back home, I bought the other three books in the series and searched up other books by the author. I'm still kinda confused by all the different things called "Shards" but I'm sure I'll figure it out!

Welcome to the Shard @Mono! There's the Code of Conduct, of course, and each of the series has their own specific forum. There's Cosmere Q&A if you want to ask questions, General Discussion and Forum Games and Random Stuff if you want to just randomly chat, and this, I think, is the official welcome thread.

Edited by Robin Hatter

@Mono Hey, welcome to the 17th Shard! The Stormlight Archive is definitely a great introduction to Brandon's works, if you can make it through all the chunky worldbuilding he has to do at the start of The Way of Kings. There are some answers to what's going on with the Shards in some of Brandon's other works in the cosmere, if you are curious about them. Books like Mistborn, Elantris, or Warbreaker could be fun for you to read if you want to get more into the cosmere. There's no real correct order for reading them, so you can just look up summaries for those books and see which one sounds the most interesting to you if you want. Warbreaker is definitely a good start because it's free on Brandon's website!

Which book of the Stormlight Archive would you say is your favorite?

Also, there's a group of people here on the forums that run mafia games based on Sanderson's books. It's called Sanderson Elimination. If you're curious, you can take a read at the general rules here, and the signups for the next game can be found here.