What order to read the books in? Please help!

Xaladin

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 5:43 PM, Symphematric said:

I have a similar question. Just finished the second novella and found out there was a third. Should I read that first or should I get on with reading Cytonic?

I read Cytonic before Evershore (3rd novella) because I read Cytonic when it came out and Evershore wasn't out yet.  I just finished Evershore the other day. I didn't really get into any situations during my Evershore read where I wished I had read it before Cytonic, so I'd say you are good either way!  If you really want to see what Spensa is up to, get on with Cytonic, if you'd rather see what the rest of Skyward flight is up to while Spensa is Spensaing in Cytonic, then doing Evershore first would be totally fine, IMO.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:04 PM, Silasalis said:

Ok ok wait this is important. I finished Skyward last night, and I've read like a chapter of Starsight. When do I shove in the novellas?

It's kind of hard to say until you read Starsight. You definitely want to finish Starsight first.

My recommendation is pretty simple, and it depends on how people feel about Starsight. I'll spoiler this for Starsight, so I say wait until you're done with that and then click this: 

Spoiler

If you missed Skyward Flight characters in Starsight, read the novellas after Starsight. If you are very interested in where Spensa goes next after Starsight, read Cytonic first.

I do kind of think the worst reading order is to do publication order, because I think you should read all the novellas in a group. But it is what it is.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:12 AM, Chaos said:

It's kind of hard to say until you read Starsight. You definitely want to finish Starsight first.

My recommendation is pretty simple, and it depends on how people feel about Starsight. I'll spoiler this for Starsight, so I say wait until you're done with that and then click this: 

Reveal hidden contents

If you missed Skyward Flight characters in Starsight, read the novellas after Starsight. If you are very interested in where Spensa goes next after Starsight, read Cytonic first.

I do kind of think the worst reading order is to do publication order, because I think you should read all the novellas in a group. But it is what it is.

Ok, so, based on what the spoiler thingy said, ima finish Starsight (yes I clicked it and im only like 1/3-3/7 way through, but it wasn't that bad lol) then read the novellas, THEN cytonic. thx Chaos.