Rhythms of War Symbol

trrycola

Its an extended version of the Willshaper glyph. Each order of the radiance has a longer and shorter glyph, with the shorter being more useful as an emblem, and the longer representing a shardblade. So what you're seeing could be thought of as the Willshaper shardblade, though obviously each actual shardblade is going to be unique.

Good question! That's an Honorblade glyph, representing the Order of the Willshapers, which is the focus order for this book. WoK has a Windrunner Honorblade glyph, WoR has a Lightweaver one, and Oathbringer has a Bondsmith one.

The Coppermind Wiki actually lists it as Kalak's glyph (Kalak being the Herald of the Willshapers) but that essentially means the same thing. The Coppermind Wiki is a great resource for basically any question you might have in the future as well, though no one will complain if you stick around :)

Edit: Alas, I was too slow :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Good question! That's an Honorblade glyph, representing the Order of the Willshapers, which is the focus order for this book. WoK has a Windrunner Honorblade glyph, WoR has a Lightweaver one, and Oathbringer has a Bondsmith one.

The Coppermind Wiki actually lists it as Kalak's glyph (Kalak being the Herald of the Willshapers) but that essentially means the same thing. The Coppermind Wiki is a great resource for basically any question you might have in the future as well, though no one will complain if you stick around :)

Edit: Alas, I was too slow :P 

You have caused me to spend the past hour on the Coppermind. I'm not angry, but nor am I happy.

Well, no that's kind of false. The Coppermind is cool. So I am kind of happy.

Edited by Theldragor
Added some info to fix a double post

Thank you so much for the information @HSuperLee and @Matrim's Dice.

This book meant a lot to me and on top of that I love the glyph so I was thinking of getting it tattooed but first I wanted to know what it means.

Now that I know it represents the order of the WillShapers it just makes me want to get it tattooed even more.

In case anyone is interested, I've been checking on coppermind and found a table with the different glyphs (extended version) known for each of the different orders of the radiant ( https://coppermind.net/wiki/Glyphs/Index#Fundamental_Glyphs )

6 minutes ago, trrycola said:

In case anyone is interested, I've been checking on coppermind and found a table with the different glyphs (extended version) known for each of the different orders of the radiant ( https://coppermind.net/wiki/Glyphs/Index#Fundamental_Glyphs )

That's what I was looking for yesterday and couldn't find, nicely done :D 

Edited by Matrim's Dice