The Heralds and the Silver Kingdoms

CabbageHead

Ok folks, this isn't really a theory thread, more a background building exercise. The basic idea is, given that the number ten is always highly significant on Roshar, what connections can we make. The particular aspect I'm focusing on are the 10 Heralds, and the 10 Silver Kingdoms, and trying to build associative relationships between them. So far, the only really solid connection I have come up with is Talenelat and Natanatan.

In that case, we have:

Talenelat'Elin. Only Herald remaining in the Oathpact. From the Ars Arcanum, associated with #9, Tanat (reasonably similar to Natanatan, one of the Silver Kingdoms). Divine attributes Dependable/Resourceful. Dependable in that he was the only one who continued the Oathpact. Soulcasting properties associated with Tanat: Rock and stone. Defining aspect of Natanatan(the shattered plains)? Rock and stone. Natanatan was referred to as "the Granite Kingdom." Compared to Tanelenat, "Stone Sinew". And the strange one: Talenelat was the only member of the Oathpact left. Natanatan is the only one of the Silver Kingdoms which has completely fallen.

Has anyone noticed any other remarkable significant links between the Silver Kingdoms and the Heralds? There are many links between some peoples and them, for example Kalak, who's related body focus is the nails, and the Unkalaki, known as Horneaters for eating claws and shells (ie. nail-like bodyparts). But I have trouble equating Kingdoms with individual Heralds. There are some obvious similarities, like Ishi and Rishir. Has anyone come up with anything coming close to a comprehensive association between the 10 Kingdoms and the 10 Heralds?

EDIT: I said Radiants when I meant Heralds.

Edited by CabbageHead

• 5 years later...
25 minutes ago, chsy83 said:

Vedev and the kingdom that was in what is now called Jah keved?

Welcome to the Shard @chsy83, but you should know a couple of forum rules. No multiple posting in a row, if you have further thoughts edit the first post and add them. Also they frown on 'necros' here, this thread is from 2011 and if it's an old thread with no recent posts, you should start a new one and link it if you want to. 

Other than that, enjoy!

2 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

He's not the first. I "caught up" on my 2 year absence by reading everything that looked interesting. You people have way to many pages devoted to Stormlight theories :P

Two year absence? I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you're a member and you were in a mission. And lol I'll probably do the same after I get back from my own... AFTER finishing all the books that will have been published during then *sigh*

1 minute ago, The Flash said:

Two year absence? I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you're a member and you were in a mission. And lol I'll probably do the same after I get back from my own... AFTER finishing all the books that will have been published during then *sigh*

Yep. Mid 2014 - Late 2016 has a very noticeable gap in my posts. Also I know the feeling, I still haven't finished all the stuff he's wrote so far

• Chaos locked this topic