The ultimate implications of journey before destination and kaladins character

Valigus

So I was thinking about journey before destinations do the ultimate implications of it along with kaladins character. I think that somewhere probably stormlight 5 kaladin and maybe dalinar are going to go out in spectacular fashion and they may lose to odium but keep him trapped or something like that. 

why:

1. kaladin has to die, he is far too op, And far too capable To survived to the second 5 books without stealing the spotlight from some other characters. (Not an interesting way to completely ignore this problem is something happening to syl, because if syl goes away especially if she is sacrificed for some reason it plays very well into kaladins arc and also makes it so he can’t overshadow others)

2. journey before destination really seems to be leading to the idea of a final last stand or a defeat. With kinda the idea going there being “it doesn’t matter that we lost because we put up a crazy good fight” at least in my mind that seems the end point of the idea

But the main reason I think it’s gonna be kaladin is like I said before but also kaladin is the character that other main characters look at and go “that guy is awesome” the reason that’s important is because every other time I have seen brandon do that said character had died.

Spoiler

1.kelsier-  Everyone thought he was awesome  and larger then life, died and became a religious icon 

2. Vin- everyone thought she was awesome  and larger then life, died killing a shard

and kaladin follows in their footsteps, when you really think about kaladin it feels more and more we are reading about a legend being formed. We know about all the inner turmoil and all the stuff going on in his head. Nobody else does, his name is kaladin stormblessed that sounds less like a persons name and more like the name of the character in a legendary tale. 
he is also probably the best soldier in the entire series, adolin is a better duelist sure and dalinar maybe could have beat him in his prime But generally kaladin is pretty crazy.

point is he is larger then life in a way I feel means he has to die, like kelsier and vin.

16 hours ago, Valigus said:

1. kaladin has to die, he is far too op, And far too capable To survived to the second 5 books without stealing the spotlight from some other characters. (Not an interesting way to completely ignore this problem is something happening to syl, because if syl goes away especially if she is sacrificed for some reason it plays very well into kaladins arc and also makes it so he can’t overshadow others)

Reveal hidden contents

1.kelsier-  Everyone thought he was awesome  and larger then life, died and became a religious icon 

2. Vin- everyone thought she was awesome  and larger then life, died killing a shard

and kaladin follows in their footsteps, when you really think about kaladin it feels more and more we are reading about a legend being formed. We know about all the inner turmoil and all the stuff going on in his head. Nobody else does, his name is kaladin stormblessed that sounds less like a persons name and more like the name of the character in a legendary tale. 
he is also probably the best soldier in the entire series, adolin is a better duelist sure and dalinar maybe could have beat him in his prime But generally kaladin is pretty crazy.

point is he is larger then life in a way I feel means he has to die, like kelsier and vin.

well I did have this we did get a little distracted but it might help.

Hence why I think it likely, I think the only two options are 

syl sacrifice or kaladin dying, kaladin dying is pretty obvious and syl dying leans a little more into his character arc especially if it’s a sacrifice to save others. But even then I still think kaladin would overshadow others in the back 5

I think the likelihood that multiple of the original SA characters die in these next two books is high. I doubt we would lose Kal/Shallan/Dalinar/Lift/Jasnah before the *very* end of Book 5, though, since it is their "journey" that we invested in most. I think the arcs that they are seeking to wrap up will require some of their stories to end, and others to continue into the Back 5 books. I think, of these 5, Kaladin and Dalinar are the most likely to make self-sacrifices in book 5. Fits their characters well. 

18 hours ago, Bliev said:

I think the likelihood that multiple of the original SA characters die in these next two books is high. I doubt we would lose Kal/Shallan/Dalinar/Lift/Jasnah before the *very* end of Book 5, though, since it is their "journey" that we invested in most. I think the arcs that they are seeking to wrap up will require some of their stories to end, and others to continue into the Back 5 books. I think, of these 5, Kaladin and Dalinar are the most likely to make self-sacrifices in book 5. Fits their characters well. 

I hate to admit it, as I don't want either to die, but this would be fitting. I don't buy into the trope that a character has to sacrifice themselves to find redemption, so I think it would be more interesting to see Dalinar's continuous processing of his past, but Kaladin seems likely. He's already shown a very sacrificng nature, and his arc seems closer to completion than most people's. I think we could have a great finale without either of them dying, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Ever since Kaladin told Wit the story of Fleet in WoR, I've been pretty sure this will happen. 

My bet is he dies heroically to wrap his main arc and it's a true sacrifice and everyone is appropriately sad, then resurrects in some form (most likely as the new Windrunner Herald) for back 5. As a Herald he can take a smaller part in the back 5 arc. Maybe just cameo or something or appear at big battles to help.