Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

Just now, Minato™ said:

“Influencing? What do you mean, what’s happe?” Neo whispered. He wasn’t sure if she meant his hunger or something else. 

Wouldn't Neo's eyes be glowing blue right now considering he's using investiture?

Althea shook her head, unable to put her suspicion into words. She knew Max, he was acting odd.

"What's wrong with your stomach?"

She asked him instead, but not looking at him anymore. He felt healthy, their bond hadn't changed, so she took the risk to look around. Nothing. Nobody was here, they could be hiding though.

So we're back with the numbers. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

She told Max and Neo in a quiet voice.

"We missed someone. They're influencing Max."

Max looked at her, his stomach grumbling. He looked down on it.

“Yeah,” he said. “It wasn’t too long ago we just had dinner. Now I’m hungry.” He looked around. “But Rioting can’t make you hungry, so what is it?”

When Althea went to look around Neo took that opportunity to restore Max's hunger. Okay, didn't think I would take away all of his hunger, I guess I'm not that skilled with it yet, he thought. He took out his betowers lens and restored Max's hunger, his left eye glowing blue-ish. Finally that was settle-- Neo noticed that he transferred nearly all of the hungry-ness to himself, feeling foolish, he realized he messed up and couldn't fix it.

"Maybe its just a fluke Max?" he said, trying to sound thoughtful, whatever that meant.

Althea carefully searched Shadesmar aswell, then returned to the room. She waited until Hellbent was back, then closed the door.

"Neo. Where are you from? Why are you here?"

She asked him calmly. He had been the only one here. So either this was a coincidence, or he was working against them. Or he had been stupid, but if that was the case he needed to grow up, and soon.

@Minato™

20 hours ago, Minato™ said:

“Maybe its just a fluke Max?" he said, trying to sound thoughtful, whatever that meant.

“Maybe,” Max said, noticing his hunger dissipate at the same time. Neo suggesting it was a fluke just as the hunger went away. Max thought for a second and it seemed Althea was on the same train of thought as she asked him some more questions. 

I think he’s the one who made me hungry, he told her, subtly walking behind Neo to block him if he tried to run for it.

"Guys, what's this about? Where are these questions coming from?" He said while noticing that Max blocked his escape route.

Are they planning on eating me? Did I make them that hungry that they're turning into serial killers? Or do they just want to kill me for the hell of it, is Devaan the only sane one here?

"Uh... slow down with the questions, lets wait for Devaan to get back and lets continue finding Vesuvius". He said, trying to sound in a calm and non-tasty way. Neo considered using his bestowers monocle, but decided against it considering if they were gonna kill him, they'd be more inclined.

"Hellbent is here. When Devaan will be back I don't know."

I agree. He's been acting odly from the start. Either he's just inexperienced. Or a spy.

She replied to Max and summoned Brashen as a threatening looking weapon.

"Listen kid. You have two options. Reply to my questions, or to his."

A gesture towards Hellbent.

"Your choice what you prefer. You can't take on the three of us."

Looking him up and down she inhaled some stormlight, just enough to make her skin glow faintly.

"Did you influence Max or not?"

Her voice was hard, sharp as steel.

Let's ask him in general as well. If he used his investiture against someone in this group before. I figured a specific question is easier for the start.

@I think I am here.

@Ark1002

@Minato™

Neo noticed Hellbent and the summoned weapon.

Hmm... In theory if I make myself sound less scared they'll probably overestimate me at least a little. How do you sound less scared? Sarcasm, Neo thought as he still couldn't decide if they were planning on extracting info before killing him or if they were just thinking he was some sort of spy.

"Okay then mistress. Let's start with the first question. I'm from a Rosharan family. Why am I here? Well after I applied to the canton of combat they sent me here as my first mission. You know, I'm kind of surprised they didn't have more security in the canton of combat but I guess that's just me. Anyhow, I mostly joined the canton of combat because Vesuvius needed a spy and all..." he paused, awaiting their reactions. "Haha sike! that was a joke... definitely a joke, anyways now that I told you about myself it only seems fair that you guys tell me about yourselves, how else are we going to have a proper conversation?".

27 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

"Haha sike! that was a joke... definitely a joke, anyways now that I told you about myself it only seems fair that you guys tell me about yourselves, how else are we going to have a proper conversation?".

"I am Althea Tenira, Righthand of the Ghostbloods and acting leader as long as he is not available."

She took a step towards him, not a hint of amusement on her face. If he was half as clever as he wanted to appear that would be enough.

"Boy, this is your last chance. Answer my questions seriously, or your journey is over here."

With a flick of her mind she soulcast the door into solid stone, trapping them all in the room.

You're right.

She replied to Hellbent and then added for Max:

Hellbent suspects he is far more dangerous than he appears to be. But he's yours. You have the final say.

Edited by Sorana

Neo stared at a hungry-looking Hellbent, quickly deciding that delaying questions might not be the best course of action.

"Okay okay, good for you mrs leader, I will answer your questions. I may have accidentally made Max hungry, I'm sorry max, it was a mistake, I won't do it again." Even as he said it in a relaxed way while not looking tense, he was focusing his monocle, ready to take action as he still had some stormlight over from the fight.

Vesuvius trudged through the sewers, the water seeping between the gears and metal bands of his alivened foot, and seeping through the cloth and leather of the shoe son his human foot. 

He held up a map to his face, the dim light hardly sufficient for reading. His eye skimmed over the 'map', which was really just a long list of numbers. He paused at an intersection in the sewers.

The next number was a 6. Forward. He strode forward, down another tunnel in the sewer system.

He was almost to the X.

Hellbent ignored the speaking. He would kill him if the Righthand asked it. Otherwise, he would leave it.

The numbers. A code... a map maybe?

Then he had it. Lefts and rights. Directions.

He spoke through the link. I think I understand the code. We should finish the interrogation, or execution, first.

"Are you working for Vesuvius?"

She asked, no sign of the anger in her face and voice. Max might notice, he knew her too well.

Good.

She replied to Hellbent.

I think it might be a code, for the path we have to take. We need to get a map to think about it.

@Minato™

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

Hellbent suspects he is far more dangerous than he appears to be. But he's yours. You have the final say.

Hellbent suspected? Max hadn’t seen any communication between the two. He looked at Neo. Could the newcomer have been sabotaging them?

Max sighed. We should restrain him if he causes a problem. I don’t want to kill a kid on a suspicion.

Now that he wasn’t hungry, e remembered the code again. It stopped at 8. Why? There were eight musical letters, but he doubted it was that. North, South, West, East, North East, North West, South East, South West?

He shook his head. Maybe, maybe  not.

:"What is that what this is about?" he asked, "I'm not even of legal drinking age in some places, let alone supportive of a cold-blooded murderer that killed 20 children." He then sighed and continued.

"Look, what I did to Max was an accident, I assume that you guys don't know a lot about Lenses. My Lens is not a weak thing and can easily get out of control without proper focus. Anyhow, I hate to be the voice of reason here but the longer time we spend here wasting, the further Vesuvius will get."

Although, it does feel nice that they thought that of me. Must mean I'm amazing.

Edited by Minato™

4 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

Although, it does feel nice that they thought that of me. Must mean I'm amazing.

Max nodded, freezing slightly.

“How do you know how many children were killed?” He asked suddenly. “I don’t remember that information being made public.”

Woah, I just got serious déjà-vu